1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Fatshark: Not many people finish singleplayer games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 19 Aug 2011.

1. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

According to WHAT statistics? I've never been polled. I finish 95% of single player campaigns I play.

2. ryan498

ryan498 What's a Dremel?

I tend to finish them, unless its games like GT5, then I just go on multiplayer

3. enciem

enciem Minimodder

Can't say i often even start the single player game if there's multi-player involved as well, though I tend to go in phases of wanting to play single player games or multi.

I reckon this dudes just trying to say something contentious so no-one mentions the heap that was lead and gold mind.

4. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

I don't, but then I'm not a pimply faced 10 year old with sufficient time on my hands to work my way through them all.

However, that doesn't stop me buying them... what I am is a typical cashed up geek who buys maybe 50 games a year, even I only play them for an hour, or sometimes not at all (like that cowboy and indians GTA4 thingy sitting in my stash which actually looks kinda fun and I must get around to).

Multiplayer games, aside from 1942 and BF2, not really interested.

FWIW, I would like to see more single player games with co-op.

I don't have hours to muck about online playing games... take the single player experience away and I'll take my money away.

/edit: Admittedly those 50 games are across consoles and the PC, not 50 PC games a year.

5. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

I do but due to work and other media I don't really have the time, currently have a back log of games to play (Steam sales always get me!). I will NOT buy any more until I've complete them all then will focus on a small selection with replayability such as Diablo 3, SC2, Torchlight 2, Skyrim, TF2, LFD, Guild Wars 2........to many already FFS....guess its time to grow up :/

6. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

if i can't finish it i cheat... Last game i played till the end (without cheating) was Crysis2. I liked it very much. on some points I was mesmerized by the scenery which got me killed a view times...

The game before that was the one where you where followed by a very large wheel crashing anything in his path (cant remember the name of the game) but it was also great SP experience and awesome scenery aswell.

7. Hawklan

Hawklan What's a Dremel?

I can fall in that camp, usualy when boredoom or frustration sets in

8. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

There is truth in that.

Though I suspect that sometimes a lack of imagination is to blame - ideas that a certain type of game can only played a certain way. (Though, if you change it does it then fall into a different genre?)

I also prefer single player and co-op games I can play with friends. What ruins multi-player for me is (as others have mentioned) the masses of: trolls, poor losers, and (even worse) poor winners. .oO(add beggars in MMOs to that list too).

Tags: Add Tags