1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Bloody nothing... Just been looking at cars.

For a giggle I searched how much it would be to insure myself on the first car I had. A W reg 1.0 Group 2 polo.

£1700, £300 more than when I was 19.

WTF!

2. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

My dream ... a every day family car, reliable and soft on money eating :lol: ... and a Caterham R500 or a Morgan Roadster V6 for week-end fun on country road and circuits

3. murraynt

murraynt Modder

Not to mention the drum brakes crying..

4. t4n6o

t4n6o You know when you've been tangoed

110bhp at the wheels on a 1.3 engine with 140ftlb of torque was 70bhp as standard

5. t4n6o

the discs were uprated to ebc drilled and groved with green stuff pads on the front and uprated shoes on the rear with the hydrolic braking system

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Agreed. I would rather drive around in a pink mini than that thing. I'd feel like less of a prat tbh :eek:

I lol'd. That's one of the most ridiculous cars I have ever seen mate. And no matter how low and fast it was, there is no changing that! Sorry to sound harsh about a car you were clearly proud of, but I'm not exactly alone in my opinion...

Head in my hands, shaking.

7. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

A chav'ed out Ka..

It's like a Lada Turbo. Just. Wrong.

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

You want to talk ugly:

[​IMG]

9. Huge

Huge aka Dave

To be fair, if you're packing 110 from a 1.3 KA engine you're going to need extra cooling, KAs don't have much space for air intake at the front end. And being a KA (which I assume was stipped - hopefully without all the weight being replaced with a massive sub in the boot) it should have a fair power to weight ratio, like my mini.

Don't get me wrong, I am all about subtle styling and the finish on that car doesn't fit my tastes, I also can't stand the KA, but it sounds like it didn't hang about, I imagine it was fun to drive. Plus, if it is that quick, nobody will be able to tell it was you as you fly past :thumb:

10. GuilleAcoustic

110bhp ... I tought it would be more and 80miles for 110bhp seams very small.

My megane RS deliver 225bhp on a 2.0T engine with a 300Nm torque for 1400Kg

A classic Caterham, the "smallest" one, deliver 105bhp and 95ftlbs on 1.4 engine but weights only 525Kg

What count's is not the bhp and the torque but the ratio between weight and bhp / torque. I often saw young people that doesn't know what caterham is, trying to race with their BMW / Golf vs a caterham ..... and being totally left behind, it always makes me lol. They have more power engine on the paper .... but over weighted cars.

I really prefear very light weight cars with "small" engine. Caterham R500 : 263bhp / 177 ftlbs ... seams not that high compared to Audi or BMW engine ... but weight only 506Kg (520bhp-per-tone) and achieve 0-60 mph in 2.8s.

11. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Provided you can change gear quick enough :p

Uncle had a Caterham, went out around the Cambridge area with him a few Easter's ago.. Beat 2 911's off the line, and Ferrari 575. It was just insanely fast.. and the sound was gorgeous!

12. GuilleAcoustic

You sure need cabled nerves :hehe:. I had the luck to drive one too and beat Nissan 370Z, Lotus Exige S and BMW Z4 on the circuit. It was a very sunny day, gorgeous engine sound and lovely driving feelings. The road seams so close that you have an insane speed feeling, acceleration is so strong that you are litterally glued to the sit.

It has a lower top speed than Ferreri or Porsche, but it accelerate much more, which is important in circuits.

I have two friend that were competing on the highway (Stupid to do that, it is dangerous) with their own cars (Audi RS5 and Nissan 350Z) .... they got beaten by a carterham that cost far less than their cars.

13. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

This is why you get a Yamaha R6 and do 95MPH in first gear, no fussing around with gears. :p

14. GuilleAcoustic

nom nom nom ... my friend who has the 350Z also has two motorbikes : Yamaha R1 and Suzuki B-King, two real monsters :jawdrop:. I'm not a big fan of bikes, but I have to admit that the speed and accel are insane.

15. t4n6o

at the end of the day if you dont like them you dont like them - if i am being honest i didn't like them either at first and when i drove one of the endura's (first model)it put me off but a friend convinced me to test drive the duratec (2nd model) and it was much better.

the ka was the only car that i could afford that i liked and with it being an insurance group 3(and having a few crashes to my name(3)) it was also the one that was cheapest on the insurance, but i will say the more i drove it the more it grew on me and when i started tricking it out it was a lot better.

there were a lot of people who said that they didnt like it but when they had been for a ride in it they were amazed at what it could do. and yes i will agree they arn't the best looking car but as the saying goes "you make it your own" and i did, i just went crazy as that is who i am (a crazy person) also it is each to their own.

no offence taken or comments taken harshly as everyone is entitled to their opinion

Krikkit, Jipa and GuilleAcoustic like this.
  16. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Hear hear! Give me an Elise, Caterham, Atom or Elan over any of the 1.5t+ monsters masquerading as 'sports cars' today.

17. GuilleAcoustic

I so understand you. My first car was a Rover 218 GSDT (83bhp) and the second one a Fiat Punto 1.2 60bhp :waah: ... but that was the only thing I could afford at this time, and a car is a car.

I'm not a fan of the Ka shape, but I'd like to test yours ... I could be surprised :thumb:. But since I drove a Caterham, I'm kind of picky :D

18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

+rep to you sir, a very mature attitude indeed considering the general opinion. :p

What did you do to it to get 110atf? Just some wild cams?

19. GuilleAcoustic

I did +rep to :p .... I curious too .... did you use some weber stuff ?

20. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I prefer the standard one... by a LONG way. Stripes on anything other than a Mustang or Shelby Cobra should be a flogging offence. Lexus rear lights.... noooooo!... Bonnet scoop on a Ka? Seriously? Silly graphics obscuring rear view.. nooooo.. Sorry..., I'm all for individualism and people doing what they want, but some cars are just what they are, and should accept it. The Ka is one such car. For this reason, my Micra stays absolutely standard. To try and "modify" it is just stupid.. what is the point? It's a Micra. It could be modded and be a Micra with 200bhp faster than stuff costing 5 times as much... but at the end of the day, someone will still say "What car do you drive?", and I still have to say "Nissan Micra" Therefore it stays unmodded, unwashed, but strangely, really quite loved. Just my opinion, sorry. However, despite what others say, I think that's a really cool colour, and I still admire the time, effort, and care you have put into it. I always admire that no matter what the car, or how poor the personal taste of the owner. ;) I actually +repped you for that. It's nice to see cars cared for, and cherished. Despite what I think it looks immaculately cared for.

I like those. I don't suppose that's the one with the older 260bhp Mustang engine is it?

[edit]

Yeah... I do....

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 Aug 2011