1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics XFX HD 5450 not working

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by xp-T, 22 Aug 2011.

1. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

The card won't work when using a HDMI cable into my T.V(i use a 32inch sharp 1360x768).

The screen comes up, you can see everything but it's blurry like the colors wash onto each other.

I'm thinking my old 775 motherboard isn't up to the task of dealing with HD, though the HD video on youtube is amazing.

2. Sexton

Sexton Minimodder

Sorry to sound a dick here, but just buy NVIDIA :)

3. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

haha naaah, you don't sound like a dck.

I think i should because the older Rainbow Six games have a problem with Ati's card.

4. reggie50

reggie50 Minimodder

Have you checked that the graphics card is outputting the correct resolution to the tv?

5. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

Yup, i've been all over everything in the ATI catalyst control center. It was on the right res but the more I scale it down the worse it gets.

6. saspro

saspro IT monkey

What happens if you send it a pure 720p signal.
    It may be that the TV's built in scaler is kicking in.

7. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

I've tried it in 1080p-720p, nothing works

8. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Can you post a photo of your TV with the picture on it?

9. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

yup i can, one moment

10. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Just put my VGA in and that screenshot looks fine :/ my camera wouldn't pick it up though.

Last edited: 23 Aug 2011
  11. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Oh how very constructive, like issues never happen with Nvidia and no one ever posts here with problems. I'm sick and tired of ignorant posts like this, if you have nothing helpful to say then be quiet.

xp-T you have another cable you can try maybe? Also try re-installing drivers.

Could also be a setting in the TV itself, certain things like "HDMI Edge Detect" etc. can mess up the picture, try disabling any so-called "enhacement".

12. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

I tried a different HDMI cable and still no difference. I tried reinstalling them and still nothing, i played around with all the settings i could find and it doesn't really have any enhancements.

13. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Is the image fine with VGA?

If so you may have a similar issue to what I had a while ago.

I fixed mine by using a custom resolution with a refresh rate of 59Hz. For some reason 60Hz made my screen (one of the original 1080p screens) go fuzzy and unusable, the custom refresh rate fixed it. However this issue actually went away with a Windows 7 rebuild & upgrade to the 5450.

You may want to uninstall the drivers, install the latest ones from the AMD website then ensure HDTV support (or whatever it's called nowadays).
    Then go through the HDTV resolutions in the ATi driver package (720p 50Hz, 720p 60Hz etc) to see which one cleans up the picture. Ignore any overscanning or underscanning for now.
    Once the picture is clean you can use the overscan/underscan slifer to resize your screen to fix.

14. OCJunkie

^ Yeah on post #10 he's got a screenie on VGA which looks fine.

Refresh rate is an idea. Definitely clean out and reinstall latest drivers if you haven't.

15. xp-T

xp-T What's a Dremel?

Done all that, played with everything possible in the catalyst and out. Never mind, i can wait for awesome HD lol

Yup did it before i came here, did it last year and this year too just incase.

16. OCJunkie

Well then.

Can you (or did you) try the card in another machine? Or with another HDMI display maybe?

I'm thinking the HDMI connector itself might be bad, has it ever worked before in the past?