1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 3 limited to 24 players for TDM

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 24 Aug 2011.

1. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

TDM is better with fewer people unless you really like being killed for no reason.

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I think its just 32 for rush, no?

3. Jehla

Jehla Minimodder

A nice feature to help new people would be vehicle school, I came into BC2 a few months ago, and felt so bad while learning how to fly the chopper.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

im not sure. i'd prefer 32 player Rush because 64 player will NOT work on Op Metro.

practice on empty server. job done.

when the server is empty, i sometimes go on it and practice my circle strafing.

5. Bede

Bede Minimodder

64 player rush would be win, imho it won't happen.

6. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Lost interest after I heard that they're sticking with the battle log web browser server browser.

7. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

I've been waiting for BF3 with such anticipation (like many have) for such a long time. I started with 1942 (and all the add-ons), then Vietnam, moved onto BF2 (and Special Forces), had a year on 2142 (and Northern Strike) and then went back to BF2 and stayed there.

Bad Company 2 (a sequel to a console only game) simply didn't appeal to me. I still play BF2 every single day and all I wanted from BF3, honestly, was BF2 with better graphics...that really, really would have been amazing.

Unfortunately, everything I'm hearing (from EA and on BT) is that everyone is talking about this like it's a sequel to Bad Company 2 and not a sequel to Battlefield 2 which, from the name "Battlefield 3" you'd expect it to be.

So, "Team Deathmatch" and "Rush" modes hold absolutely zero appeal to me whatsoever. Losing the commander, reduced squad sizes, no in-game lobby etc make this game a clear successor to Bad Company 2. This game should just be called Bad Company 3.

Reintroducing things we already had that were taken out in the last game or two in the series is merely the removal of an anti-feature. We always had it - it's hardly a matter for celebration when they come back - they should never have left! (think CoD:MW3 and Dedi Servers).

I want to love BF3....I've been waiting for so long....and I'm still going to buy it, I'm just a little more disheartened week after week each time a new statement from EA/Dice comes out about the decisions they've made.

Hopefully, Conquest will still be as amazing as it is in BF2 and that, I think, will be enough.

8. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

I still haven't ...after 5months... not even tried!

9. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

I would like to see a 64TDM derver just for the craic :)

Also, please don't spit on me for this but joypad support for vehicles would be very welcome.

*Is instantly covered in spit*

10. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

I'm sure a lot of other long standing BattleField players would agree there not bothered about TDM anyway.

11. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

Actually I've never even thought about it but I reckon joypad support for vehicles would be fantastic. But I would only use for the choppers/jets. Anyone who plays the whole game with a joypad is going to get nailed anyway...can't beat a keyboard and mouse for fps.

12. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

Don't think i've even played TDM on Bad Company 2. Rush and Conquest both have their merits but Rush wins it for me.

13. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Heh heh heh... 64 player Rush and Conquest? So if it's anything like some of the Bad Company 2 maps, it'll be 2 or 3 Assault/Medic/Engineer peeps, and 61 bloody Snipers!

Bungletron likes this.
  14. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

Ah, the promised 'mexican standoff' mode, this game just gets better and better!

BTW way cool sig!

15. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

I would love to play a small game with only using the DAO-12....that would be chaotic as well as being awesome

16. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Yup Conquest is what holds the Battlefield franchise!

17. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

I too felt exaclty this way until i played the alpha.

As the alpha was rush mode only, i can only compare it to BC2, which i enjoyed to pass the time but didnt fill the BF2 void.

Bringing back prone changes the pace of the game completely from BC2. Also the weapons feel less arcadey that BC2 and the sniping has been nerfed.

I'm sure a lot will change before the final release, but rest assured it is not just an expansion or sequal to Bad Company 2. I'm not get over excited just yet, they could still make a botch job of it, but at the moment i am remaining positive and the alpha was more re-assuring that concerning.

18. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Deleted* stupid phone.

19. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I've always wondered why sniping was so frustrating. Why can't it be a OHK?

At any rate though, conquest was always where it was at, 64 player rush would be insane except in the largest of maps. 1 MCOM station left? It'd be a stalemate at best.

On the other hand, I'd still like to see more than a 32 player Rush map. 48 perhaps?

20. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Good to hear!

And...jealous, you jammy git......I wanted alpha access!

Tags: Add Tags