1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Had a couple of decent games last night, though I was on after most people had left the channel... Finally gave in and bought some gold :blush: I had just unlocked the USSR A-20 light tank, but had nowhere near enough credits to buy it, and I also had a fair amount of XP that could be converted into free XP...

I'm following the Russian tech tree, but wondering what to work towards next. Was thinking about the T-34 medium, but there are 2 versions I think, which one's best?

2. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Well the T-34 leads to the T-34-85 and thence the T-43, T-44 and T-54. It's a good tree, worth getting into. The T-44 and T-54 are very nice tanks, as is the T-34-85 with the 100mm gun. I wasn't too fond of the T-34 though but others on here liked it, with the 57mm (I think) gun.

3. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

The T-34 with the 57mm isn't bad per se, but the T-34-85 with either the long 85mm or 100mm gun is a beast of a tank for that tier. Its fast, manouverable, well armed and has a good view range too.

Plus as sp4nky has pointed out it leads onto some even better tanks, namely the T-44 and KV-13.

4. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Cheers, don't think I'll bother eliting the T-34 then when I get it, I'll just try to get T-34-85 straight away. Does everyone here always elite a tank before moving up the tech tree?

5. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Im continuing my KV13 love....its epic win.

One thing i find with the new german tanks is the MASSSSIVE bottom plate on the front. Its an easy hit for max damage every time.

Im just trying to get the exp from my SU100 its taking along time cause the standard gun is MEGA crap. misses half the time. other times it doesnt penetrate.

gotta love tanks

6. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

You need to fight me in my E-75 and i will show you :p Just angle that puppy up right, and lower hull is not that big of a problem.

Mudflaps and HE bugs is though!

7. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

The E-75 is the only one that doesn't have that problem though. They gave you a nice squishy turret to compensate :D

8. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

does not matter when i get most noobs to shoot and bounce of the hull, and then brings out the turret and 12.8 cm gun to deliver the PAIN! :p

9. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

12.8 < 13 :D :lol:

10. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

I've elited about half of the AFVs I've used, as some were so bloody miserable I had no intention of keeping them. The T-34 was a great example of that, it was fun at first, but I soon got fed up of the matches it kept getting put in.

However, I have kept most of my mid-tier (T5-T7) mediums as are they are fun and good for generating freexp to use on other vehicles.

11. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Only just playing again, but I'm loving my T82 ^.^

Almost got enough for the T40 :)

12. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Hmm, that would explain why I can get a direct hit sometimes and strip 20+% while other times it does absolutely nothing with a 15cm HE shell.

Can anyone tell me whether or not it's worth going for the 85mm on the T28 or just stick with the 57mm and snipe? The76mm definitely didn't impress me at all - so inaccurate it wasn't funny. I was more effective ramming, then shooting. Even then I've actually missed with the blasted thing while I can generally hit with the 57mm on the move.

13. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Yet another inventory update

Now as follows -

• Matilda (T5)
    • M4 Sherman (T5)
    • PzIV (T5)
    • VK 3001 (H) (T6)
    • VK 3601 (H) (T6)
    • KV-13 (T7)
    • Panther (T7)

With the exception of the M4 and my newest addition the KV-13 all are all Elite so great free xp generators :thumb:

Loving my KV-13, its like an Italian sports car equipped with a f*cking great gun :rock: :D

14. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

I told you mate... it's a superbly fun tank to drive. It's low, it's fast, it turns well and has an accurate fast firing gun. Everything a tanker needs :D

15. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

You did indeed :thumb:

Its a truly superb bit of kit :D :rock:

16. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm at this exact same point atm and I'm going T-34-85 route; cheers for the heads up.

17. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I've just seen a remarkable bit of manoeuvring with one of these - weaved his way through a defensive line, dodged the heavies and TDs then pillaged the arty. Excellent job and he traded shots along the way, TD and 2 SPGs on the move. The only down side was it was an oppo and I was one of the arty :(

18. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

I wave my hat at my fellow KV-13 driver :)

19. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

What would people think of taking an evening where we gather a lot of players inhere, make two teams, and then buckle up for some training battles?

That way we dont HAVE to get 10 players on each team with minimum tier 7 tanks, and could make our own rules.

for example,

Max Tier
    Max tier points on each teams
    Max number of arty - if any
    Only one route in a map is allowed (otherwise 5 players per team would be to little)

Cons-
    we wont get xp and will loose massive credits for repair and ammo

pro´s
    Its going to be friggin fun!

20. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sounds great to me - just give me a week or so get finished with DX:HR. :D