1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Food poisoning.

Discussion in 'General' started by Zinfandel, 26 Aug 2011.

1. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

So, I'll leave out the disgusting details, suffice to say it's been the worst I have experienced in my entire life.

My stomach seems to be feeling better now, but my body can barely move, my muscles and bones feel like someone's had a sledgehammer to them!

I've not eaten in two days but starting to feel like I might be able to eat something.

Anyone any suggestions? I'm drinking lots of water and some powerade (It's got electrolytes!) What kind of food should I eat?

Help me feel less dead!

2. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

Bacon sandwich.

3. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

-

Last edited: 19 Feb 2021
  4. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Yeah the dehydration packs from the chemist are definitely better but walking to the chemist right now is not an option so powerade it is! Powerade isn't fizzy though.

As I say, I'm feeling much better now in terms of things that happen (Hopefully) in the bathroom. Just properly exhausted.

As for a bacon sandwich, almost set me off again haha.

5. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

You need to get "natural bacteria" back in your body. Regular yogurt works well. Not mueller corners or crap like that. It can be boring, but its good.

6. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Great way to lose weight! j/k.

When I'm ill I try to eat some superfoods. I.e. Porridge, Broccoli etc etc. Great way to get nutrients back into the body and help recovery. Obviously, doesn't help if you can't keep it down.

7. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

I have natural yogurt with honey, I'll try one of those and see how it goes.

8. knarF

knarF Noob

Well, all i can remember from when i had it was that i ended up in hospital for a couple of days and i've never eaten a burger since.

9. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

It's funny you mention that. Last time I had it I remember going to my mums and she was making some kind of beef caserole. Ever since the smell of beef and veg stewing in gravy makes me gag.

10. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

My recommendation is what I have after a heavy night's drinking and with a huge hangover (also known as alcohol poisoning): Full english (Irish is good too) breakfast, washed down with a high-sugar soft drink, e.g. coca cola.

A good fry-up has all the necessary food groups - salts, vitamins, carbs, fats (lots of those), and complex energy. The immediate energy from the coke really helps too.

11. PorridgeMonster

PorridgeMonster What's a Dremel?

Feel your pain man. I had food poisoning in Ecuador and it was terrible. My advice, drink some of the natural tea with the leaves and stuff. Yoghurt is well and dont eat too much solid food.

The good news is you should be alot better tomorrow as it is normally a quick process

12. wgy

wgy What's a Dremel?

@sp4nky a fry up is not the answer in this case... or any. it not only lacks everything he needs, but possess everything he does not. sorry.
    you should not be eating heavy fats or protiens while experiencing severe diarrhea. Intestinal mucosal cells are damaged or inefficient from illness and thus a normal "well balanced diet" is to be avoided.

if your loosing water through D&V, take rehydration salts, and its really important to sip water throughout the day like you said you were. anything other than water has a high chance of irritating your stomach and intestines due to the high amount of sugars. best stick to water in this case.

as far as food goes, keep it simple. bananas, rice and small amounts of yoghourt are good.
    keep the portions small. don't push yourself. if it persists or you get any more symptoms, go to a doctor.

get well soon pal.

13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Saltines help me when the meds make me feel like I'm having it again.

I get the Pedialyte pops, since I can't get stuff down in large amounts or I get sicker, it slows me down and the purple ones are rather good.

14. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Eat raw chicken. Preferably after it has been left on the windowsill in the sun for a few days.

Hey, best way to beat a disease is to build up a resistance! :p

15. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

16. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

trollface.jpg