1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

This is about the cleanest my desk has been in the last few months

[​IMG]

I think I've got a new monitor, new speakers, new headphones, a new mouse, and new mousemat since I last posted here :)

2. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

You've spent a few quid then! Very nice mate, especially the audio stuff - really cool.

3. Huge

Huge aka Dave

Very nice, bloody good monitor too! :)

4. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

got some new stuff since last time i posted.

[​IMG]

G27

[​IMG]

Fiio E9 (for the K702s) , i've wanted it to be out of the way but still easily accessible.

[​IMG]
    Night shot

[​IMG]
    Audeze LCD-2 (rev1, with Q-Audio cable), AKG K702, WooAudio HPS-T headphone stand, Burson HA-160D
    [​IMG]
    behind me there's my messy bed (yes i was too lazy to tidy up), and above the bed some cd's, games, books and few DVD's.

also some dead/old hardware, 2 ram sticks, creative x-fi extreme music, AMD x2 4400+ and Gainward Geforce 9500GT.

[​IMG]

cheescake :thumb:

5. Huge

Huge aka Dave

Niiice, love the blue backlight and the top quality audio hardware. Wouldn't keep a PC that big on the desk though.

6. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

What are you using for the blue back light on your monitor?

7. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

What lens is that? Its pretty damn flat....

The speakers, what are you using to power them? And what do you have on your computer to output the sound over?

Where is this cheesecake from, looks epic.

What is making the blue light? I want to do this is my office when I make it.

Can you tell I am in the process of buying and renovating a house.... Been stealing ideas everywhere I can. I want my new office (yes my new place will have 3m*5m office) to look pretty good when I put the photos into the thread.

Last edited: 22 Aug 2011
  8. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Looks like it's actually two lenses. A 35 1.8G and 50 1.4 or 1.8G. Unless you meant to say, what lenses are those, and that keyboard is pretty damn flat :p

9. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I didn't think it was a 50 1.4, I have one of those and think its a bit taller... Could be wrong.

10. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

yeah the case is bit big, ideally i'd have it somewhere else but unfortunately i've no space :(

http://www.energysmart.co.uk/catego...LED's-%2b-Remote-Control/Remote-Control-Kits/

my grandma made the epic cheesecake, must get her to visit me more often :lol: ...

i bought the light from HERE (i've used 3 LED "bars")

Last edited: 27 Aug 2011
  11. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Just a small update to my PC...

Added the beefier PSU, dual 480s and the STX. Replaced the 4GB 2133mhz with 16GB of 1600mhz and dropped the 2500K for a 2600K. Couldnt ask for a faster PC in a box this small :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Good choice of speakers, I have the exact same ones :)

13. Huge

Huge aka Dave

What do you use the RAM for? Having downgraded the clock speed of the RAM you might end up with less performance, unless you really need the extra capacity.

14. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Aye they are ok for the odd bit of gaming without a headset but the M-Audio BX8A Deluxe Monitors and SBX10 sub is where its really at.. you cant see them in the shot but they make the Aegos sound like tin cans and you know how good the aegos are ;)

I have a 30" dell, enjoy my gaming and use photoshop, lightroom and Sony Acid Pro 7

As such, frequently dropping into the 10+ GB area :)

15. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Greg got it pretty much spot on, it's two lenses - a 35mm 1.8G and a 50mm 1.8G. I recently bought the 50/1.8G to have a play around with and do some test shots before I go on holiday next month. It's a really, really nice lens, but I'm not sure if I can justify keeping it as I don't use a 50 that often (on a crop body).

The amp is a Cambridge Audio 540A. Not amazing, I picked it up second hand a few years ago and it's done a good enough job so far, but it's probably the next bit of audio kit I'm going to replace. I have a Xonar DX in my PC, I just output from that into the amp using a 3.5mm to phono cable.

16. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

It's messy yes, but God damn I have fun!

[​IMG]

Wicked_Sludge likes this.
  17. Pullen

Pullen What's a Dremel?

Update!

Got my replacement LG Panel, so I've finally got 3 of them, was disgusted by all the cables trailing here there and everywhere (it's a nightmare with 3 screens). So I thought I'd do some cable management desk style :p.

Before:

[​IMG]

Doesn't look that horrific but it looked worse irl (I moved the amplifier btw, if you look at this post you'll see what I mean, that made it look horrible at the back of the desk).

After (Without PC):

[​IMG]

Random cables hidden at the back:

[​IMG]

Backshot of the PC installed:

[​IMG]

Pics of finished set up :):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Managed to get rid of seeing 2 DVI cables and 2 power cables coming down the back of the monitors too, think I can get rid of seeing the power cable coming down the middle monitor but I cba right now :p.

18. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

This explains that posh accent then. :lol:

19. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

your room is a disaster sir! i shall rep you on account of mine usually looks just like that :thumb:

in other news, i got my ceiling mount finished today for my new-to-me home theater projector. its a sanyo plv-70 running at 1366x768. i have a new bulb on the way as the one thats in it is getting very dim, but even so its quite enjoyable once the sun has set.

i have a screen but its a MONSTER that i got at surplus that i need to trim down to fit it in my living room.

[​IMG]

20. knarF

knarF Noob

I love the way the front of the PC is held up by some books in a drawer, that's genius.