1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 30 Nov 2010.

1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Maybe. But it is still officially classified as racing incident. And it is ironic, that everyone likes that Kobayashi is a fighter, but once he hits one of your guys his style is instantly classified as the most evil/stupid/whatever :).

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

You are a tool. Kobi hit Hamilton 50 meters from the corner, in the braking zone. The was no way Kobi could ever make an overtake around that corner on the outside, if kobi didnt turn in on Hamilton, kobi would have gone straight on and missed the corner completly.

For a start, Hamilton had the racing line and was in front. Thats the rule kobi broke and causing a very avoidable colision. Im shocked that there is no investigation.

3. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

So JB qualied poorly, incident filled race, chance of rain, and Lewis has crashed out, he's on for a podium and maybe a win then?

4. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

I like Kobayashi's style but he put his car in a gap that was always going to be closed. There was no way he was going to get round the outside. He had been passed by Hamilton who should have been entitled to take the racing line. Perhaps it's karma for the times Hamilton has attempted a move past a car that's marginally ahead and has ended up ccolliding with them after they've taken the racing line but it's ******** that it's not even being investigated.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

personal opinion:

if roles were reversed, and hamilton had done that to kobayashi, would he [hamilton] have been penalised for it? almost certainly...

imo kobayashi was very lucky to not get a drive through [at the very least] for that...

Last edited: 28 Aug 2011
  6. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Totally agree. If it had been Hamilton doing it to a Ferrari he would have had a black flag.

7. krakatoa3

krakatoa3 How hard can it be??

Something else that I'm mystified by is Alonso attempting to overtake Massa at the start of the race. He went into the corner way to fast (at a speed that would've made it impossible to stay on the track basically), and carried straight on and almost took Massa's front nose off.

I'm personally quite neutral to Alonso, but it seems a little strange that if there had been contact it would probably have been a penalty of some sort (avoidable accident), but because of Felippe's driving skills the accident was avoided meaning Alonso was fine.

Should there be a penalty for attempting a dangerous maneuver?

8. faugusztin

No. Majority of overtakes are "dangerous maneuvers". The issue with F1 is the fragility of the cars, for example crash like Hamilton vs Kobayashi in WTCC would be only a bump on a door.

9. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

Who munched on JB's rear wing?

10. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Happened in the first corner, can't remember exactly who it was who touched him tho.

11. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Well on a positive point damn good driving from Button

12. Canon

Canon Reformed

Tough luck for Lewis, starting to stack up against him now. I thought about predicting Lewis' retirement yesterday but felt that would be rubbing salt on the wounds of poor Hamilton fans who clearly have little to hope for these days. But it brings a smile to my face everytime he drops out of the race and stutters when McKenzie interviews him during the race trying to explain what happened clearly upset and angered. Maybe if he took that stupid ass beard (is it even a beard) off his face?

P.S as soon as he released the steering wheel I fist pumped the air ( knowing he was unhurt ).

13. faugusztin

And you don't say anything about Schumi ? 13->3 is less than 24->5 :).

14. Canon

Canon Reformed

Schumacher drove an incredible race, then again, so did Rosberg. Really good day for Mercedes GP.

edit: Niki Lauda says Lewis turned in. It is now a well known fact. FACT.

15. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

True but fighting with faster cars is harder. But well dome to Schumie

16. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Clearly showing all your previous arguments to be massively biased. I will ignore you from now on as it's evident that a sensible discussion cannot be had with you when Hamilton is a factor.

Niki Lauda needs to wind his neck in and shut up. He was way out of line earlier in the year and is once again today. He is massively out of touch with modern racing. Watch the ****ing in-car video, once positioned that steering wheel does not move. Period. How anyone can say Hamilton turned into Kobayashi is just ludicrous.How people can put blame on to Hamilton is beyond me. It's like saying 'I didn't shoot the guy your honour, he got in the way of my bullet.'

Schumi had a stonking race, as did Button. Unlucky for Massa to get a puncture and a real shame for the Toro Rossos to go out so early after a great quali.

17. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

It's simple. If you're approaching a right-hand bend, you don't expect the guy to turn left.

Why is it that these things always happen to Hamilton?

18. Canon

Canon Reformed

I'm sorry I had no idea you were more experienced in a racing car than Niki Lauda, had more experience trackside and with the rules than Eddie Jordan and had more resources to come to a decision than the stewards and have an insight to the workings of Lewis' brain and limbs.

So when do you sign on as president of the FIA or are you going to take a couple of teams to a win first?

19. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Who turned left? Hamilton's car was following the same line he'd set it on a good distance from the corner. Hamilton was the lead car and should have been entitled to take the racing line. There have been a number of racing incidents this season that have been investigated and penalties handed out because it was deemed an avoidable collision. What was different about this one that meant that it warranted no further investigation? It seems quite clear that had Kobayashi not attempted an impossible overtake by putting his car into a closing gap then there would have been no collision, he could have easily avoided contact by braking and slotting in behind rather than not turning into a car that was ahead of him on the inside.

20. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Dear ****ing chrsit it's like talking to a chimp.

At what point does Hamilton turn into him? Hmmm? I thought so. Quad era Demon-****ing-strandum.