1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 30 Nov 2010.

1. Canon

Canon Reformed

Actually the trajectory of the car with the accelerator at even 30% would have left him off the racing line, which the front of his car was by the time he was supposed to turn into the apex, he failed to correct this and hit Kobayashi. That is why Kobayashi's front hit Hamiltons rear and it spun him across the track and onto the grass to Kobayashi's right, rather than straight on. Hence why this is a racing incident. But i'll stick with blaming Hamilton for shits and giggles.

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Can't tell if really that stupid or just trolling........

3. Canon

Canon Reformed

Refer to my last post. At 0:03 you see the rubber left from the braking point for the apex which belongs to the left side of all the rest of the cars, at this point Hamilton's nose cone and left front are beyond this point already. He made a mistake, not Kobayashi, as he was boxed in on the left unable to reach the apex until Hamilton corrected himself, which he did not and hit him.

And how about instead of calling me a stupid chimp you just carry yourself like someone that is able to speak to others without becoming enraged and making such ridiculous insults, I don't recall beckoning any name calling.

4. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I do, however, recall a consistently condescending manor almost designed to annoy people. Have you been taking lessons from Ph4zed?

5. Canon

Canon Reformed

Yes, I take a moment to 'design' my posts to annoy people. Something to fill up the day, eh?

...seriously?

6. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Correction? haha you are funny. Hailton was taking the the racing line to make that corner, there was no correction.

You really are trolling.

7. Canon

Canon Reformed

Yeah, exactly, there was no correction, hence it was a racing incident as it was a mistake due to failing to correct in time. Your argument is with the stewards, not me.

Tell me, does one of you have Hamilton painted in stained glass windows in your home? Or do you attend a cult like gathering at the weekend all wearing McLaren t-shirts and and holding pictures of all the people he has collided with marked with a red 'X'? :hehe:

8. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Oh please. If you're going to try to look more intelligent, at least spell the words correctly.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Also, stop defending the indefensible. Hamilton's reckless and that's why he shouldn't be driving anything faster than a milkfloat.

Canon likes this.
  9. Canon

Canon Reformed

Why isn't there a +9,000 rep button? Get on that bit.

10. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

There was nothing he needed to correct, he was moving to take the line into the corner which he would have done just fine had Kobayashi not turned in against his rear wheel. Kobayashi put himself in a gap that was only ever going to be closed and turned in when it was clear there was a car in the way.

11. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

The point you're missing is that wasn't anything to correct.

12. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

So when he collides with the rear quarter of someone's car it's his fault because he shouldn't have been there and the other driver is entitled to take the line they want but when someone drives into his rear quarter it's his fault because he should have left more space? There was nothing reckless about taking up the racing line when he was ahead prior to turning into the corner. Attempting an overtaking move up the outside was reckless.

13. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Ah, the good old ad hominem attack, the fastest way to win an argument.

14. Canon

Canon Reformed

Incorrect. At that stage of the corner the inside line is the only line that should ever be closing. To get onto the racing line on the outside of the corner you do it on the straight to balance the car and to get maximum grip otherwise you will struggle to get the apex after weaving out then back in. Kobayashi was already on that outside line as he took it on the straight, Hamilton went off that line to overtake and could not just step back in.

15. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Pfft, it's not a case of trying to look more intelligent. I missed a letter, boo ****ing hoo.

I suppose your blind bias against Hamilton makes you look really smart huh? If you can't use an unbiased opinion i suggest you leave the argument well alone since you wont be contributing anything useful to it.

16. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Hamilton went off that line to overtake?? Exactly who was he overtaking?

17. Canon

Canon Reformed

Stop accusing us of being biased towards Hamilton, for a start you are wrong which I wont go into because frankly I am now embarrased to admit what I once thought of Hamilton.

P.S One letter? run a couple of your latest posts through a spell checker, that should keep you busy for about a week. See you then.

18. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

No need to accuse you of being biased against Hamilton, what you've written does that for you.

19. Canon

Canon Reformed

I'm not biased, I see that he is reckless, I call it, I take great joy in that because I'm enjoying being a fan of all the great racing drivers on the track that are entertaining and talented without turning it into a demolition derby.

20. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Incorrect. He made one obvious 'move' towards the center at the very start of the straight to defend the inside line. About halfway along the straight he began to move back to the racing line in preparation for the corner, not making any further adjustments (nor needing to) as a second defensive move is not allowed.

Kobayashi had made his choice to go for the outside but didn't have anything like enough speed to pull it off and could clearly see, long before they even got to the corner, that the gap would close. He should have backed off.

If you're driving between two barriers, walls, cars, whatever and the gap you're approaching begins to close and can visibly been seen to not be big enough you don't just keep your foot planted on the loud pedal whether you're racing or not.