1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 30 Nov 2010.

1. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Oh dear, lol you seriously do need to look at your posts it does seem. Stop with the personal attacks? Look at all the replies to you on this page, they're all criticizing you, you should stop with the crap you post for a change, and actually stop trying to get rises out of people. Then when you can't be bothered you try and move it off the forum, as in the end, with quite a few people posting the same thing, maybe it's getting through to you that you're actually not as right as you think you are.

Also last time I checked, you weren't a moderator, nor an admin (Thankfully as well). You can't just post all you want, then when you finally want to stop you tell others to stop. I'll gladly stop if an Admin or moderator told me to, but you seem to not understand how you're not all that in this thread. (And I must say, I did like you throwing the how you hate Hamilton so you must be a racist card earlier to CrapBag, an ultimate low really.)

Anyway I need to sleep before work tomorrow, peace out.

2. Canon

Canon Reformed

Oops, you missed the PM button, try harder next time. :hehe:

No, I didn't even read your post because this is absolutely pathetic and yes I am embarrased to be a part of it, my own fault unfortunately. I thought maybe you would be a nice chap and speak to me through PM to resolve your evident problem with me, but no.

In other news;

I agree Lewis :)

Last edited: 29 Aug 2011
  3. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Just quickly came on, and I don't have a problem with you, outside this thread where you don't post crap. And there is a PM button there for you, but as you won't read this (Well, you will, but will make out you won't).

Don't try and play the ******** card about PM in the future though, it won't work. Actually read what people are posting about you in this thread, then notice it's not in any other thread, then after that, take a long hard wonder why. Quite simple really how it's located in ONE THREAD.

4. Canon

Canon Reformed

Well now that you have returned from you very short sleep I have went back and read that post and really have no response to it, not because I am incapable of forming or posting one but because it's just....well I don't know what it is but it does not belong in this thread.

What about this stuff not being in any other thread, it doesn't deter from the fact that every post is further derailing the thread instead of carrying on an F1 discussion. That is the other reason I asked you to PM me to resolve the problem, as a courtesy to others to allow them to get on discussing F1 and not have to read this.

5. Pieface

Pieface Modder

You're just not that clever. You have the PM button right there, why should I have to use it? And what about this stuff not being in any other thread, maybe because you don't troll so much in any other thread? It's not that hard to understand. Stop trying to pin the blame on me, when you could oh so easily PM me. Or are you incapable of doing such a thing, seeming as you're the one desperate for it?

6. Canon

Canon Reformed

No but it seems to me that you were the one that found fault with one of my posts to the point of using profanities, I don't feel I have a problem to resolve, and if you don't either then job done, we didn't even need to use that PM button afterall! Aren't we clever?

edit; to the topic;

I was really surprised that RB took the win after the issues with Pirelli, in the lead up to the weekend I thought Ferrari were in the best possible position but both cars seemed to struggle and I think if Hamilton had stayed in the race there is no doubt he would have been ahead of both Ferraris and likewise with Button, as he was.

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Wow... this thread turned messy...

My thoguhts on the race:

Button drove brilliantly.
    One particular defensive move of Massa's was bordering on illegal.
    Lewis got reprimanded for Q2, yet Kamui gets nothing for the racing incident? Smacks of unfair to me.
    Maldonado should STFU with his "Lewis is at it again" comment.
    Nikki Lauda has all the credibility of a piece of KFC the moment he says anything about anyone except Vettel or Schumacher. He's a blatant fanboy.
    Hamilton vs Kamui (my free interpretation):
    Lewis is looking INTO the corner, and steering out before steering in is fairly common in motor racing. He was on an inside line after the pass on Kobayashi, and since his DRS was far open, had reason to believe he was in the clear. He then moved to the outside, so as to get the apex of the curve better. Kamui went for a gap that didn't exist there. Even if they hadn't crashed, that move would not have stuck. He was outbraking himself, and round the outside as well. To top it off, Lewis was half a car or so ahead, and therefore had track position.

Let's compare that for a second with the incident earlier involving Button and Lewis.
    Button went for a gap that wasn't there in terms of racing line, but since it was on a straight, and not the trun-in point for the corner, he had reason to believe he could make it stick.
    Lewis couldn't see button thanks to rain spray (and not because he was already looking into the corner). That's a racing incident.
    Kobayashi was on the blind side, in a hopeless move that couldn't stick if he'd wanted it to. He of all people should know that racing lines can vary slightly, and that the apex into that corner is best hit when coming in wide.

Lewis taking blame for it sounds like him just wanting to get it behind him (and/or being told to).

That being said, well driven by a good few people.
    Schu drove well.
    Button drove well.
    Webber drove well.
    Vettel overtook people. That's good.

The ferrari was fast as hell up the hill. Alonso just came off that one corner like a demon lap after lap.

McLaren seems to have run too much downforce on the car, almost as if gambling on the weather.

In other news, Pirelly says the blistering issue experienced by RBR is down to RBR running camber >4 degrees, which is against the recommendations by Pirelli.

8. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Sorry pal, it's only me that's said that phrase this weekend.

9. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I don't remember that incident. When was it?

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

For ****'s sake people. Grow up, take a breath then come back.

Every time Lewis has some kind of incident this thread turns into a total flamefest. The next people to start this crap again will be faced with at least a couple of weeks banned outright.

If you can't play nice, mummy will make sure you can't play at all.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

OT: 50/50 between 'em. Lewis shouldn't have moved over, because his line through Les Combes wouldn't have been compromised enough to matter too much, Kob certainly wouldn't have been able to come around him. Kob shouldn't have pulled up alongside because there was nothing he would've been able to do from that position - there was no way he could've gone round the outside with the downforce levels the Sauber was running.

RedFlames likes this.
  11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I should have clarified:
    That was NOT in this race. That was in Canada.

12. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

There is one thing many don't want to realize - that even if he couldn't get in front of Hamilton in that straight, Kobayashi's position and actions make sense. The reason is that he was half car closer to Hamilton as if he would drive behind him. That means if Hamilton would have turned in the corner as he should have (and not crossed path with Kobayashi), he could have took the corner in a way that he would have been much closer to Hamilton in the chicane, probably ending up with possibility of the same move as Alonso vs Massa, when Alonso got in front of Massa in next few corners. So while his move didnd't make sense for that straight where they crashed, it would have made sense for next part of the track.

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I disagree on that (without wanting to restart an argument here), on the basis that the McLaen was substantially quicker through the bends than the Sauber. Sauber's obvious advantage was on the straight. By the time they got to the next straight, the door would've closed.

14. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I don't say he would have made it, but you can't deny that there is a logic behind this all. And we all know that Kamui is not Button, if he sees even a minimal chance for getting back, even few corners later, then he takes it. It is the part of his "aggressive driving" package.

15. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Initially I agree with you that Koba shouldn't have been there - certainly I would imagine if Alonso or Button were in the Sauber they may have driven more wisely. But have a look at this:

[​IMG]

The top pic is Hamilton after overtaking Rosberg. Notice how he is on the racing line going into Les Combes. Now compare it to the bottom. Hamilton is actually off the racing line; after overtaking Koba in the middle of Kimmel he never moved all the way back to the racing line. Subsequently Koba got a great tow from the McLaren and had 3 choices: (a) Plough into the back of Ham, (b) lift and lose time, (c) and because Ham was in the middle of the track, go either left or right of the McLaren. Koba chose to go left, not an unreasonable choice given that that it gives a better entry into Les Combes and miminalise times loss for his lap. (Koba said in a post race interview that he knew Lewis was faster that that he wasn't racing him, just trying to keep his own lap time down). Note that in the right picture Koba is almost right alongside Ham. It looks like to me that Ham though he'd dusted off the Sauber way down the straight and he simply didn't expect the Sauber to be alongside him on the corner entry which is not unreasonable as given the success of his Rosberg overtake and we know how fast that Mercedes is along a straight line.

To conclude, even if you make the conclusion that Koba shouldn't have been on the left (which I thought was reasonable tbh) because he was alongside Ham, I think Ham has to accept slightly more responsibility than many have claimed. And Lewis himself did exactly that. I still think it's a racing incident though.

+1

It's not about overtaking Ham later, it was simply about minimalising his own lap time. Going wide to get a better entry will give you a better exit and it beats Koba's other choices (a) or (b).

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The point about the laptime makes sense.
    I'll have to go back and look at the replays before I can accept that, though.
    I seem to remember thinking "Kobayashi is trying to outbrake Lewis", in which case, the move was aggressive, and not just trying to keep down the laptimes.

Really, though, I wouldn't say that Lewis wasn't at fault here. He made an assumption, which was wrong.

What irks me is that Lewis got reprimanded for the incident with Maldonado, and that Kamui didn't get reprimanded that I know of for that incident.

17. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I really enjoyed the race...

18. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Me too, I always like to see Button when he is on form - there's a comment on the BBC website that when the stars align he is absolutely unbeatable, and I really think this season has seen some of his finest races, even more so than the season he won.

Shame he can never qualify though :(

19. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

That picture with Kobi along side Hamilton is missleading because of the angle. Kobi isnt along side him, but further back.

20. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

[​IMG]

here we go, a conclusive pic folks.

They are side by side for most of the straight, Ham is less than half a wheel ahead. It's only in the braking zone that Ham truly pulls ahead (the last 3 shots in the above pic).