1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Mionix Zibal 60 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 29 Aug 2011.

1. John_T

John_T Minimodder

Also, (apologies for spamming the topic with 3 comments in a row) but don't modern keyboards have a € symbol on them? Even for a personal keyboard I'd still find that useful, I can't be the only one...

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

€ is AltGr+4 on modern UK keyboards.

3. amppatel

amppatel What's a Dremel?

Yep I have a mate that has this, it seems to be very good! I think I will get one in a few months when the prices come down.

4. John_T

John_T Minimodder

Hey, that even works on my old thing with no symbol showing - thanks for that! :)

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Now if only they made it in a natural or ergonomic configuration.

6. blackworx

blackworx Cable Wrangler

Pfft - I'll be the judge of that! ;):hehe:

7. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

the one thing i was pissed at was this:

the inconsistency with the black widow ultimate when they whined that it didn't have the choice of having multiple colors and so they didn't give a good score...I think WTH is wrong with them!

8. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

not sure I'd want to buy something I threw out 20 years ago - my old IBM AT keyboard which weighed a ton but had mechanical keys....

9. RnkBajin

RnkBajin What's a Dremel?

Much as I'm a fan of mechanical keyboards, my new Qpad MK80 should be winging its way to me as i type this, I struggle with the 'value' for the vast majority (myself included, very much a like rather than a need) especially when the Zibal is £134 not £109 as reviewed (using the link provided, you can pay even more elsewhere)

10. ikinone

ikinone What's a Dremel?

I don't understand. How does you throwing a product out 20 years ago make a new version bad?

You still use wheels on your car right? I am pretty sure they have been around for a while...

11. chelseascum

chelseascum Vanila's my favourite flavour

Can't see what the point of this over my £35 Cyborg v5 is. I type a lot on that, and it allows me to get a very high wpm on it, without sounding like I'm using a type-writer.

12. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I'm not in to all these ridiculously expensive £100+ keyboards. I would like to see some reviews of some sensible ones. Last time I shopped for a keyboard it seemed that they were either stupidly expensive, or really cheap like £5-15 and the cheap ones although good value, feel really cheap too.

If I was to buy something nicer than the cheap one I have, I would be wanting to buy a nice one in the £30-40 range. More than that is just nuts, for me at least.

13. leslie

leslie Just me!

You can get foam pads that quiet the keys.
    I have some for my Widow ultimate, they cut the sound by more than half.

Mechanical keyboards went out due to price back when computers cost a lot more. It was a cost cutting measure. Take a look a round the internet and see what those old IBM keyboards are fetching these days. Keep in mind the price has actually fallen with the release of newer mechanical keyboards. They are still fetching nearly as much as the new mechanicals, even with an AT keyboard connector.

Besides that, the IBM's are now 20 years old or more.
    You show me another computer part that is still usable after 20 years without compromise. $100 for any quality computer part isn't outrageous, but is even less when you consider how long these can last.

Bit Tech reviewers just don't get mechanicals.

14. RobinB13

RobinB13 What's a Dremel?

Hmm.....depends which keyboard matey. We make so many, that's a very sweeping statement to make. Is your keyboard a membrane, MX or ML type unit, or is it one of the newer SX keyboards? Also, Cherry (currently) doesn't manufacture a gaming keyboard. The switches are manufactured for others to buy and make their own products, so this isn't one of ours, they just use the switches....

Sorry - getting a bit geeky now!!

15. FRANKIEonPC

FRANKIEonPC What's a Dremel?

I live in Australia and we use the US keyboard layout over here. I have to say that the UK layout really doesn't suit gamers. The left shift key is far too short but that key is mainly used for sprinting. The enter key is unusually large as well. To be honest I'd much prefer the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Edition even though that is ridiculously overpriced.

Tags: Add Tags