1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Which way are you playing DXHR and which Augs did you use?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 26 Aug 2011.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

found this dealer in one of the apartments.. look at all the blunt smoke xD

[​IMG]

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I've been going for a mostly-stealth approach, so Augs have been full hacking, quiet movement, big jump and the landing thing for exploration purposes.

If you want the ultimate kick-ass lethal stealth weapon (once the tranq rifle fails you), a 10mm pistol with silencer, armour piercing and laser sight it an absolute showstopper. All human targets die with a single headshot, and bots don't take long either, since it's AP. :D

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yeah, a pimped 10mm pistol is amazing. Probably my most used weapon.

thehippoz: where is that?

5. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I've done this as well but I'm disappointed by the fire rate -- If I miss my first shot it's not so quick to fill an enemy with holes.

If you upgrade a weapon with a pack, then sell it, do any subsequent weapons of the same type you pick up from enemies still have the upgrades applied? I'd like to make mods to the assault rifle but don't like carrying one on me all the time.

6. thehippoz

he was upstairs a few floors after breaking into this apartment building- it was past all these punks in a ally.. he has a safe in the room next door where his gf is sleeping

there was a room booby trapped on the top floor of the apartments too.. that one is definitely worth it- has a level 5 gun cage with a praxis

I dunno what the hell I'm doing really.. just running around exploring everything

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

No - the mods are per-weapon only. There's plenty of room in the inventory for the combat rifle, a pistol and a heavy weapon/tranq rifle and a few trinkets as well. Expand the inventory and it gets ridiculous.

Personally I don't mind the fire rate - if I don't get a headshot then I have to re-load anyway, I'm trying for a 100% ghost playthrough.

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i found cloak is the most important thing. just slip pass everyone. add fastest energy recharge, and you can just cloak everywhere.

don't quite understand the battery concept though. there are so few energy bar/packs, might as well just rely on the single rechargeable bar.

thehippoz, i have only been to him once, then can never find him. which apartment building is he in exactly?

9. Thedarkrage

Thedarkrage Thats not a pic of me its my gf

Well so far i have put everything in to hacking. Only just got to the 2nd mission after the cop station, been hacking everything i can see even if i have the password found loads of gun mod's put them all on my pistol I'm the head shot king. Only problem is i used most my ammo and I'm fighting Barret :(

10. rollo

rollo Modder

barret is really easy to beat once you relise hes emp able.

EMP headshot spam with a weapon of your choice

repeat process till dead

took me about 5 trys to work that out.

you can also use the explosive barrels if you have the throw ability they kill him in 3-4 hits also.

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Eurogamer have an article on the best augs up.

Its the gun merchant in the building behind the gas station, the one everyone seems to live in. If you rescue the hostages in the factory siege you get a discount there.

I struggled for ages with Barrett until i threw grenades and barrels at him. Soon as the fight starts throw a grenade at him then run around the room throwing barrels at him. It takes about 30 seconds that way.

12. wyx087

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Detroit_Downtown_Apartments
    found a guide on who lives in which apartment. all are sidequests. North building is the weapons dealer. :D

first boss fight is easy, IMHO. i just used triggered explosives, two blasts plus face full of bullets.

second boss fight is really hard! the enemy is dual-wielding machine pistol + can cloak + has typhoon, and runs really quickly. i only managed to beat it by using a mine + two triggered explosives together and 50 bullets of LMG. if that couldn't do it, i would have been stuck there, since that's all the explosives i've got!

just got pass 2nd boss, hopefully no more, or they will be easier. 2nd boss is simply ridiculous, has way too much power.

13. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

IDK, I'm actually struggling with the inventory size (I'm a hoarder) as I like to pick up all the random stuff and sell it, and it fills up pretty quickly for me.

I take it if the bad guys are alarmed but haven't spotted you it still counts for that achievement? So far the only time I've got the XP bonus for getting through an entire area undetected I haven't even alarmed anyone, though it's pretty difficult at points -- I'm finding the game really solid on hard, linear shooters have made me lazy.

14. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

It's only when it flips to Hostile, and the radar edging goes red that you've blown it.

15. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I just did the second boss...easy as pie.
    They run towards you, run backwards whilst shooting, which takes you out of the Typhoon range. They then sit there for 10 seconds taking hits before zooming off. Repeat about 3 times and you're done.

There's also cupboards with ammo and EMP mines if you need them.

EDIT: apologies for double post, my bad :(

16. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Stealth, although I wished I'd picked up the
    crossbow
    at the beginning.

Main augs so far have been
    Hacking - very very useful; punching through walls - pure awesomeness; x-ray vision - again very very useful and low power consumption; battery recharge time - don't really find having extra cells that useful; internal george forman aug - because jensen can never have enough grilled bacon

17. thehippoz

yeah think those guys got it up there wu

I've been playing my worst nightmares out in this game.. like here's some surprise buttsex down at the police station

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZYf6MDOGuQ

18. hirezo

hirezo Minimodder

ouch, i know your pain! he was soooo annoying luckily (Well it isn't really a good thing) the game always seems to glitch in my boss fights and they get stuck doing something stupid usually facing the wrong way. then i open the back of their heads with my upgraded shotty :)

wonder if i ll glitch on the last boss... lol

19. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I started out stealth, got Ghost for the first mission as well as 0 kills and then changed strategy a touch.

CASIE aug to talk my way through
    works a treat for getting more or less free rein in the cop shop
    Strength aug for moving dumpsters etc (worth looking under as I've picked up a couple of viruses so far).
    Cloak 1 - a mistake as I rarely use it
    Hacking 3 (so far)
    Fortification 1 (so far)

On the cards are skin mods (armour), stealth hacks, turret hacks and the all important inventory space. I only got the game today (well, yesterday to most people now!) and I'm on my 3rd restart, 4th or 5th redo from earlier save. I keep seeing a better way (well, for me at least) after I've stuffed up and go back 30 minutes or so to set it up.

I also have a silenced, armour piercing, laser sighted 10mm pistol that you'll pry out of my cold, dead hands - I love this gun! 100% accurate headshots from cover and plentiful ammo? Hell yes! :D

20. wyx087

upgraded a machine pistol...... what a mistake since its auto-sim is rubbish, eats up ammo too fast, and actually weaker than my AP pistol. (machine pistol doesn't have AP upgrade) also, even though it eats up ammo, each block of ammo is only 50 bullets! to actually use it, you'll have to have at least 2 blocks.

what's a good gun to upgrade to max at later stages? the pistol isn't really suitable for boss fights.