1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other pretty anoying problem that persists, please help.

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Meneldil, 27 Aug 2011.

1. Meneldil

Meneldil What's a Dremel?

About 6-7 months ago I bought a new self configurated pc. The configuration went like this: CPU - intel core i5 650; RAM memory - 2 x 2GB kingston hyperX 1600 MHz; motherboard Gigabyte P55-UD3L; graphic card - Gainward GTX 460; power supply - LCpower 600W. My operating system is windows 7 ultimate.

After solid 3 months of play (CoDBO, BatmanAA, and several more) things started to get bad, first I started hearing strange rumbling noise from my power supply (btw it is on the bottom of casing, I got Thermaltake V4 casing) after I cleaned it from dust from bottom fan it stopped and went smooth again. 10 days after again same rumbling i tried to clean it but there was nothing so i just went with it and it stopped. That problem was minor and it disappeared.

The major problem was and persisted beeping from my casing, ONLY when palying games, first it started in Mass Effect 1 and after it 2, and then in Dragon Age. In DragonAge beeping would start after 4 mins of play and was more or less constant during mooving the camera and stuff. The beeping appeared in irregular timing sometimes for more and sometimes for less time. After that I went to playing World of Warcraft and in certain regions in game it always beeped pretty loud and anoying.

After all I suspected overheating on graphic card. I contacted my supplier and they tested (at least I hope) and informed me that card was overheating, so they changed the card for a new GTX 560.
    I went home pluggged all started WoW and problem still persists. , so I dwled CPUID, did some benchmarks, and highest temperature I saw on graphic card was 73 degrees, didnt notice anything unusual. Also today when I installed netframework, in one point it did beep short:eyebrow: what could it be? please help:waah: bad power supply, memory?

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

The rumbling could be the PSU fan spinning up and vibrating under load as you have already said the GPU has been changed so that should rule that out.

I doubt very much installing net frame work would affect anything hardware wise as it's software . The GPU temps are ok so nothing to worry about there either. So the first thing I would be checking would be the PSU.

3. narwen

narwen narwen

check cpu temps

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Run a diagnostic on the hard drive. Visit the hard drive manufacturer site to download one for your make of hard drive. The beeping may in fact be head noise from the hard drive, which is a sign of imminent failure.

5. rocket

rocket What's a Dremel?

it could be ram

6. paisa666

paisa666 I WILL END YOU!!!

RAM beeping?... the only way that hapening would be the mainboard using beeps to indicate an error, then in the manual should be a list of errors based on the beeps...

I dont see how this can be related to RAM problems, and since others have sugested so many things, maybe you should try and locate where the beep come from, get your head inside that case and listen closely.

Sounds and beeps like that comes from mechanical parts, since its not the GPU, then pay close attention to your hard drive.

7. micropage7

micropage7 What's a Dremel?

how old your psu? it could from psu or mosfet
    just check it out again