1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 30 Nov 2010.

1. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

So, leaving that all behind. Here's something more interesting.

A truly incredible photo from a truly incredible moment.

[​IMG]

1920x1080 if anyone wants a new desktop background.

Credited to Vladimir Rys for Getty Images

2. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I would have lolled at DC's girl-like gasp if my heart wasn't in my mouth myself. Sooooo close to a high speed mash-up....

3. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Haha yeah I was quick to call DC a wimp shortly before realising I made a noise like "MNNGNGNNURURRRGGGHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO"

Just goes to show what a truly badass Mofo MB is. He was all "Meh, 300k around the outside at Eau Rouge, whatever, try doing it whilst changing gear son."

4. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Damn that's an awesome shot. Such an amazing and ballsy move.

I'd really like to see any shots the guy behind the barrier in the picture got as well though, he's very well placed. (although i think that's the TV camera that gets the shot as they pass)

5. Canon

Canon Reformed

Isn't that a BBC camera put their specifically for Eau Rouge?, not exactly dr. camera here but I think that was one of the panning shots. Anyway that would make sense to me, will keep an eye out and see on the replay.

6. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I think it is. I watched it again to have a look and it must be, there's no other cameras there. He did a great job of keeping them in the frame at that speed.

7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Multiple shots?

I use that to take sequences of shots of my daughter horse riding and jumping fences on.

Point at one spot and just keep the shutter pressed down, mind you he's undoubtedly a better photographer than me and probably did it in a single shot :).

8. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

I didn't think the BBC were allowed to film any of the actual race. The only actual film footage allowed of actual racing is the FIA feed isn't it?

9. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Where is oasked? I want to see his pics

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

That's a great pic of one of the ballsiest moves in the season.
    DC's comment of "That's why I'm not in F1 anymore" was hillarious.

And I've also been wondering where Oasked is... maybe he forgot to take pics and is scare of us now... ;)

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

It's the marshals I find funny. Standing there chatting like its a perfectly normal day.

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Just to clear it up - that will have been taken by a press cameraman at the marshal/press station which is just at the end of the second pits/pitlane.

The beeb don't bother filming anything outside their normal coverage - the F1 feeds are more than enough (and probably contractually all they're allowed really), but photographers line the track at all sorts of interesting places with their hoooge L glass.

The marshalls look a bit bored because they've been standing there since Friday morning, watching thousands of laps and hoping no-one has an accident. Once something interesting goes on they'll usually be half asleep.

Epic photo though - I did the same as DC watching that moment, I was expecting an enormous accident, but to both their credit they avoided it. "That's why I'm not in F1 anymore." was truly epic commentary, realising these guys will do what he never could.

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yeah. DC Definitely went up by a point in my books when he said "Going alongside Alonso through the outside of Eau Rouge - I don't think i could do that".
    Nikki Lauda should take note: Accept that there's more talent, more brazen nuts and more of everything in F1 right now than there has been in the past (The nuts bit is arguable, admittedly). Also admit to yourself that you are a has-been, and haven't driven a race car in long enough that you should probably STFU about some of the finer points of modern motor racing.

14. Canon

Canon Reformed

Yeah because only a ***** that has no balls nearly burns to death in an accident then competes in a GP 42 days later with scars for life. :p

15. B1GBUD

Regardless of Nikki's shunt, I think he is pretty out of touch with modern motor racing, his comments regarding Lewis describing him as a killer was a bit of an over reaction.

16. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

+1 Schumacher, one of the greatest of all time, was out for a couple of years and look how well he's coping.

17. B1GBUD

Indeed, it was great to see a hint of the old Schuey at Spa, hanging the arse-end out and being able to cope with it. A lot of people slate Schuey, calling him a has-been. What the majority of people don't realise is that his 2010/11 Merc is massively different from his 2006 Ferrari, a lot has changed regarding the car/engine regs and it will take time to adjust. I'm looking forward to his first podium/win.

18. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Hehe, happy to oblige! (sorry for the slight delay too) I didn't get as many photos as I would like on my camera - more to come once my friend puts her photos up soon.

These will have to do for now, shame they can't compete with that stunning shot of Webber on Alonso. :)

[​IMG]

This photo of Radillion / Eau Rouge pretty much sums up qualifying - rain and lots of it. Believe it or not, there is a car in that photo! :lol:

[​IMG]

Camping... wet. We were in tents - not the motor home.

[​IMG]

Token mug shot from the top of Radillion on quali-day.

[​IMG]

The safety car out on Race Day (the ONLY day when it didn't rain) - we were standing on the inside of "Bruxelles" - the corner before Pouhon - we saw some great overtaking moves, particularly by JB.

[​IMG]

Ricciardo and a retired HRT, pretty cool to see so close-up. He didn't look happy. ;)

That's it for now, but if anyone gets the chance to go to Spa - go! I enjoyed it much more than Silverstone - much better views and access.

19. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Glad you enjoyed it mate :) I've only got a friend who's been and he said that until you go you have no idea just how steep Eau Rouge/Radillion is, a couple of you pics show that quite nicely :)

20. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

More pics - though not many, I promise! :)

[​IMG]

Quali day, again a nice view from "Bruxelles" looking toward the start-finish / paddock.

[​IMG]

One of the Red Bull's and a Sauber qualifying... points if you can tell who the drivers are...

[​IMG]

Mr Schumacher's crashed car from Qualifying.

That's finally it, only rubbish photos and mugshots remaining, so I'll spare you those. :)

B1GBUD likes this.