1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Scarlet0pimp

Scarlet0pimp What's a Dremel?

T-34 was pretty disappointing sherman was better but the next tank is crazy good

Sent from Bittech Android app

2. Zeus-Nolan

Zeus-Nolan Minimodder

Got my T25 AT yesterday, loving it when i'm in the top half of the team :) grinding isn't so bad when you are rewatching old tv shows :)

3. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Tank Detroyers all the way! Russian ones are so quick! :D

4. Scarlet0pimp

Scarlet0pimp What's a Dremel?

Just out of intreast any one get decent frame rates playing this at max.
    Im on a q6600 @ 2.8 6 gb ram and 1gb 560 ti.

Frames jump from 20 on some maps to 70 at most.

Sent from Bittech Android app

5. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I get to highs of about 120 then lows about 60..Running on a HD5770 and AMD X2 Black Edition...Plus 4Gb of RAM.

I'm so God damn addicted to this game.

6. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Ive got all the eye candy on and playing at 1680x1050 with the setup in my sig, haven't seen it drop bellow 35-40 fps and i frequently see 60+

7. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Personally I'm enjoying the t34.
    When your put in lower tier matchs getting top gun awards isn't hard assuming your avoid the tier 5 heavies.

Hows the su85 as a credit earner?

8. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Max FPS with all the eye candy on at 1,920 x 1,200 is around 45, average probably around the 40 mark. Q6600 @ stock, 4 GB RAM and HD5850.

Oddly enough it only drops down to 35 to 40 FPS at 5,040 x 1,050 at high with a maximum of 5 FPS being pulled back by going to low detail. I have seen that core 1 on my CPU is nearly always maxed out when running on one screen so this may have something to do with it but it's definitely playable frame rates at high res and detail for me.

I might OC the CPU in several stages this week and see what effect it has, if any. It may take a while though as I'd expect to need at least 1 to 2 hours extensive testing between overclocks :p

@ mucgoo & Kirikkit: I'd noticed the turret vulnerability on the KV and already have the free XP saved up to swap it out immediately. I'd figured it as a weak spot as I can take up to 55% off with a single turret shot to a KV at the moment. Engine bay only strips up to 40% off them and with the HUGE profile they make an insanely easy target for arty fire, so much so that I prioritise targets by SPG>TD>KV>Heavy (you can insert "shooting at me" in there somewhere but if I reckon I can nuke an SPG or TD with a single shot in there it ranks higher than self preservation).

9. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

1680*1050 here, pretty much solid at 58fps. I5 2500, 8GB, GTX560.

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The game is single core, so it's down to raw horsepower. My E8500 minces along at min 35fps, but doesn't cut it with the i5's/i7's. That's what the game needs most imo - dual core.

11. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

Some comments and to answer some queries I have seen.

T34 soviet med is amazing for it's tier if you play it well. You can take out almost anything but you need to use the zip gun with it. (57mm)

You can take out KV's with ease, so long as you can avoid the first shot then circle them. The turret can't keep up with you and they will be dead before they reload.

US TD : The T25 AT is an amazing fun TD, it is very fast (same speed as a T-54), packs a decent punch for it's tier. The next one however, the T28 is a HUGE difference. And not in a good way, so make the most of the T25 while you can, and build up as much free xp as you can so you can upgrade the T28 as best you can as quick as you can.

12. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

That's similar to the Marder II to Hetzer transition. You go from a nice, neat sniping tank to a big, heavy, short-sighted brawler with thick-ish frontal Armour. Even then; it can't stand up to shells from it's tier and above. Wonderful if you wind up in a game full of Pz III's with the 105, however. Most of the time it's a one-hit kill on each of them.

13. Cellular Peptide

Cellular Peptide What's a Dremel?

Sorry to bother you again chaps. I'm still having some problems with the T34.

................the Amercan T1 appear to be the T34's nemesis, regardless of the 57 gun! I feel as though I should be able to damage those but I cannot?

When i try to move around the side I usually get greased by the rest of the enemy team. Can anyone offers tips as to how a T34 can boss a T1? Thank you.

14. bagman

bagman Minimodder

The T1 heavy has a lot of frontal armour so aim for the sides, if you are facing it head on aim for the turret, or you can take out its tracks.

15. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Try and flank alot, its really easy ^.^

I had soooo much fun with the A-20 yesterday. Took out an Arty before it made it out of its base ^.^ He was not a happy bunny...

16. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Just remember to wait for the T1 to be found first. Then work out where you can attack him with a clear advantage. Mediums are not for full frontal assault.

If your a medium top-tank your job is to use your big gun to take everyone else out, whereas a t4 heavy top-tank can literally tank the whole army's shots so the smaller tanks can attack without drawing fire.

17. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Hmm, how fast are you finding the A-20? It just doesn't feel as fast as my old BT-7, wondering if I'm doing something wrong...

18. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Just as fast, but lacks the mental acceleration of the BT-7, requires careful speed management.

19. DraigUK

DraigUK Minimodder

T1 and KV are the nemesis of the T-34. Both can kill you easy as the KV can 1 shot you with a derp gun, or 2 shot you with the 107. T1 can't do that but it is a tough customer.

What you need to do (this is in the games when your top dog or near to it) is let the scout tanks go out and find the enemy so you know where they are. Take out any incoming scouts while this is going on and protect your arty. If your not top dog, you are the scout. Just use your common sense. You often need to do a bit of both really.

Look for an opportunity later in the battle to get a 1on1 with him. If your lucky he might be damaged as well a bit.

Do not play peek a boo with either of them. This means you might be going in and out behind a building and take pot shots with your gun, not doing so much damage, while they reload. They will catch you with one shot sooner or later and mess your day up, so do not do this when possible in a medium.

Keep your speed up and circle them. Your greatest assest is your speed and maintaining that speed while circling. Important techinique to learn in a medium you will use it a lot to take down heavies.

If your not in a position to circle them, use your speed to avoid them and wait for a better opportunity.

For the KV in particular, ESPECIALLY if he has the derp gun, try and get him to shoot and miss you. As soon as he does, he is an easy kill. He has a massive reload time, so get in close and circle him shooting him in sides/lower hull/rear. His armour is not so good, your gun will penetrate it pretty easy. 5 or 6 shots will do it usually. You will kill him before he relaods with a derp gun.

His turret turns so slow he cannot hit you if you keep circling him. With practice you will be able to do this without thinking much about it.

For the T1, he has a fairly fast firing but not so hard hitting gun, so you can take a hit or 2 while getting around to flank him if you have to. His side and rear armour are weak so hit him there. Same process as with the KV, just keep circling and shooting him until he is dead.

As soon as you can buy a rammer, vents and Vertical stabiliser on this T-34.

Last edited: 31 Aug 2011
  20. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Rammer, vents and vertical stabiliser? Are you mental! Buying what, 350k's worth of equipment is insane on a tank of that tier.