1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 30 Nov 2010.

1. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

Vettel and Kamui?, or Webber and Perez, yellow on the top and can't remember if yellow is number one or two driver. Webber and Perez.

2. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

It's Webber and Perez :) Webber has the yellow patch and Perez has the colours of the Mexican flag.

EDIT: 2012 Calendar confirmed - Clicky

Last edited: 31 Aug 2011
  3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

2012 Calendar for the lazy:
    Looks good to me - the two excellent start/finishers and all the new guys fit in there without any hissy fits. Shame Turkey's dropped, but someone's got to give.

4. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Yeah, I'd much prefer that they dropped Bahrain instead of Turkey.

5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

You know what surprises me ? August. They moved Hungary out of August to July, and there are no races in August at all.

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

They're looking at bringing back in-season testing, so I'd expect that two weeks after Hungary at Mugello, then a 2-week enforced shutdown.

7. mat0tam

mat0tam Mr I Dont Know What I Want

Agreed, If you just think of all the incidents that have happens and the shear quality of some of the driving it MIGHT make me buy Sky next year.

(P.S) I wish I could get an onboard view with button for the last 1/4 of this weekends race!

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

India to the finish is going to KILL engines.
    Hot-Hot-Hot-Rainy and hot.

I'd rather see Bahrain dropped than Turkey as well, but it's a money game, and the turkish grandstands were pretty dead the last couple of years.

Nice pics, Oasked.

9. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=P7B1KFCW

Highly illegal one would assume but that's the whole race with no commentary, just engine noise.

The first ten laps are all onboard with Schuey which is a very interesting watch! Super interesting watching him get faster and faster through Eau Rouge.

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Delhi in October is actually pretty mild. No rain and temps in the mid to high twenties. Perfect for racing, I reckon.

Although I concede upper twenties does qualify as 'hot' for most Europeans. :p

11. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I couldn't play it... do you have to register? I'm a little apprehensive about registering.

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Upper 20's is pretty warm for european standards, and for racers.
    Expect Texas and the UAE to be around there as well (mind - it is cooling down in the northern hemisphere around that time)...

Stuffit - they should have the last 3 races in the southern hemisphere: Australia, South Africa 9NOT Cape town... that's just wussing out), Namibia...
    nothing like 36 degrees in sunlight that burns everything, not just your eyes... ;)

13. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

You don't have to register, just have to click the play button a few times, presumably for pop up reasons!

B1GBUD likes this.
  14. B1GBUD

Sweet... have some rep!

15. stonedsurd

Texas in November is bitterly cold. Good thing they didn't schedule a summer race though, I'd rather bundle up warm for a race than be cooked alive.

Also, the US GP is on my birthday! If I'm still in the USA at the time, I'm definitely going!

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Damnit... silly FIA...
    They should really just go and make the last races as hard as humanly possible on the engines.
    Especially in close-call seasons, that will make a difference in strategy, engine durabilty requirements, etc...

17. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Was lucky enough to get a Red Bull factory tour in Milton Keynes thanks to a buddy of my who works there! What a mental place! I can't say too much but suffice to say there is an incredible amount of detail in the car it's mind boggling. Also there seemed to be bits of old wings, floors and whatnot just lying around. I saw the v8 powerplant and my god is the engine just tiny compared to the rest of the car. Brought my Nikon D3100 with me but didn't get much opportunity to take pictures :(

18. B1GBUD

I have some pics from a tour of Renault HQ, I'll dig them out and post them up soon. The only downside is they were from last year (although you'll see Kubica's car stripped down completely) and some other pretty interesting shots.

19. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oh the entire days coverage this was the poorest point. He's so incredibly out of touch it's unreal. It's not the first time this season he's said "Lewis is a great driver but" - it's just "Whimsical complement followed by comment of what I really feel".

To be honest, I know Martin Whitmarsh will always stick up for his driver but I had to agree with him; Lewis was just taking the racing line and looking right, Kobayashi clearly wasn't getting past, he was running out of tarmac and so he didn't have the right to that space of track.

Remember this time last year people were calling Seb "the crash kid" (Whitmarsh as well I think hahaha) - how a season forgets.

Absolutely awesome drive by Button and much respect to Alonso. I know Shumacher came from the back to 6th, but tbh I think Rosberg deserved more respect in his Merc overtaking at the start.

20. stonedsurd

Anyone else beginning to think that when the cars are fuel-laden, it's man vs man and as they lighten up, it becomes more machine vs machine?

Also, I think the Ferraris work better on heavy fuel loads because the extra weight gets more heat into the tires.

Just thinking out loud.