1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 30 Nov 2010.

1. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

This is an awful website but has truly amazing content.

It's a good 40 minutes of highlights of pretty much every race ever... So awesome.

2. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Also, anyone who thinks Brudnle is just a good commentator should watch the following.

Such a shame the MP4/9 was such a dog, granted it was more the Peugeot V10 than the car but still, would've been nice to see what he could do in a good McLaren or if he'd have gotten the Williams drive over Hill...

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Bindi: I've looked at the footage a thousand times by now (no joke), and I see the fault squarely in Kamui's court. But let's not rehash that argument.

About Nikki Lauda: They use him on RTL (footage I occasionally see) for comments after the race. He's realyl got all the credibility of an eggplant, minus everything that might make an eggplant serious business.

@stonedsurd:
    The Ferrari is definitely better when heavier. I was thinking that this weekend (towards the end of the race). If they are so suck on the harder tyre, wouldn't it make sense to use it earlier, and then (with a lighter car and the prime out of the way) run options all the way to the finish?

With their consistenly solid pitstops lately, they'd even have a shot at podiums if they dropped out in Q2

4. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Look seriously, how the hell is it Kamui's fault? He didn't move, Hamilton clearly moves from the centre of the track across his pass, HAMILTON HIMSELF ADMITTED THIS.

5. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

BBC to show full re runs of races it doesn't cover live... apparently.

It's some consolation.

6. Rustypouch

Rustypouch What's a Dremel?

I have tickets for Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi! Roll on November! Looking likely there will be no battle for 1st, but Alonso, Button, Hamilton and Webber still have it all to play for. Should be a good climax to the season.

7. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Yeah, that's slightly better but it's still highly frustrating that they wont all be on the beeb (despite it being the most watched sporting event on the BBC). At least this way they might even consider keep the commentary team for the re-runs, I can't/wont imagine what kind of spanners Sky get in to commentate, probably Andy Gray.....

What would really make my day is if all the teams refused to take part during the discussions for the next Concorde Agreement unless it was shown on the BBC. It'll never happen of course but it would be awesome to watch Bringme Moneystone crapping it.

stonedsurd likes this.
  8. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

I tell you what really properly annoys me. IIRC correctly, Premier league highlights. Now, I don't like football anyway but MOTD gets less viewers than the F1 races, but premier league highlights cost the BBC 170m, so 56m million per season where as the quotes from the F1 cut stuff were stating ~£40m per season.

Granted MOTD is on every week, but it's only on for 90 minutes or so, we get about 12 hours for the F1 races. And Monaco got 6.2m viewers, a damn sight more than any MOTD!

On the teams point, it was a bit upsetting to see all the "Oh oh dear, oh BBC awesome, oh THEY'RE PAYING US HOW MUCH!? UP YOURS BBC WOOOO".

Last edited: 2 Sep 2011
  9. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Have rep just for this.

10. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

The thing is, there are some people that will watch anything that's on BBC1 during daytime. If they showed the test card, with that girl playing noughts and crosses against a teddybear and a balloon, there would still be 3 million people watching it.

11. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Renault have dropped Heidfeld altogether and Senna will be in the seat for the remainder of the season. Clicky.

Can't really say I'm surprised, Heidfeld was great for the first two races and has done very little since and then Senna comes along and puts it 7th on the grid and, apart from a first corner incident (which he put down to a lack of experience with the car fuel laden), drove a pretty decent race.

12. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

13. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I doubt anything will come of it but it's nice to know that it's being taken seriously at least.

What i don't get is how this is even able to happen with the BBC holding a contract until 2014. Surely to make these changes happen it would cost them even more in order to get out of the existing contract, wouldn't it? I have no idea about these things at a big, corporate level.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Looks like the Beeb is not confirming anything regarding 2012 coverage of the OThER 10 races right now. Bernie is saying "extended highlights", the rest is saying "but we thought it'd be delayed races..."
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94275

15. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I imagine that the contract says that the BBC has the rights to broadcast in the UK and they are selling on part of those rights.

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Bernie says extended rights only for the Beeb, but Martin Whitmarsh says Bernie said otherwise.

Ho hum. :(

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

That's a great site... sure it looks shoddy, but who cares...
    that being said - there is a historical race missing. San Marino/Imola 1994.

Possibly because the footage was bought by the Senna Family... or out of respect...

18. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I actually have the full race which is BBC(i think the general world broadcast footage) then switching to Eurosports own cameras and back to the main broadcast after the track was cleared.

Runtime 2:16:57.

(That said, there's 30GB of F1 on my media drive lol)

19. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

20. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Incoming law suit from Apple in 5..4..3..2..1..