1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Which way are you playing DXHR and which Augs did you use?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 26 Aug 2011.

1. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Definitely aspects of that in there but another that springs to mind is VTM: Bloodlines, the back alleys and sewers particularly. Almost found myself hunting hobos there. Oops? :blush:

23 hours to complete, I'm missing a few achievements as I didn't go through on hardcore and I certainly wasn't a pacifist, especially after a particular point in the game. Everything in a uniform that wasn't a cop deserved to die. And they did. If I accidentally did a non lethal take down on them they got a bullet in the head once they were on the ground.
    I liked my pilot damn it! I also went back and massacred all the Harvesters on principle after I found the body.

2. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

You know you can
    save Malik, right? Just kill the goons before they kill her!

Finding her body with all her augs ripped out was a...horrible thing for the developers to do.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i actually gasped in shock when i opened the door and was presented with her corpse.

4. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

You let her die?! Fail! :p
    On my next playthrough I'm tempted to let her die just to see how things turn out later on. Curiosity is a cruel, cruel mistress.

5. Grimloon

I actually was more than a touch pissed off at that sight. I'd gone through the Harvester hide out non-lethal up to that point. After that I went back through the level and made sure that every body on the floor was a dead one. I also made sure that there were no live targets anywhere in there, killed every Belltower and Harvester goon on the streets as well, just because. The only other game that has made me furious while playing from the plot was VTM: Bloodlines when they killed my familiar. I literally saw red in both cases and it was a "Right, that's it. Everyone dies." mentality after that.

@Cei:
    Not with my play style I couldn't. All silenced weapons and I prefer a precise, sneaky kill (sniper, crossbow bolt or 10mm AP to the back of the head) from a long way away and just couldn't get them all in time. May have to go in with a battle rifle and just do full on butchery there next play through.

6. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

you ****ers I just moused over gunsmiths spoiler on accident :p aye what has been seen cannot be unseen.. I just rescued ning ning and found a couple of praxis in china

put together a video last night but still have to upload it.. games addicting!

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I'm going mainly aggressive stealth - move through, tranquing everyone I can or silently headshotting. My main aim in every game is exploration of content, so my first augs were Hacking, Hacking, Hacking and Hacking. Then Jumping, Lifting and Falling.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

im near the end of my non lethal/non alarm run atm.

afterwards its Knife-Eyes™ time

9. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Just completed it, 19 hours according to Steam and I was taking my sweet time going through it as well.

Thought it was brilliant but the ending was pants. Mind you, the original didn't have a particularly mind blowing final sequence either.

10. thehippoz

this sticky was next to windmills computer.. I think we all have stickeys like this xD

[​IMG]

but adding a couple of 1's to make it divisible by 8, turns out it's html code.. or maybe garbage.. maybe the Ë is a bucktooth vampire

Code:
    “Ë'½[¯
    it's probably chinese- came up with this mp3 on google

http://www.4shared.com/embed/234803936/b3aa4b9c

Last edited: 2 Sep 2011
  11. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

Completed it yesterday ~34 hours played but I did replay some of the earlier levels in multiple play styles and apparently I missed a couple of side quests.

I never did come across a sniper rifle I could silence, I think you probably need one of the pre-order special editions to get that. Also, reading in the forums after I'd finished, people were saying the grenade launcher is easymode boss kills too though the only one I had a hard time with was the 3rd one. That was because
    I had visited the clinic and got my chip upgraded so I had no augments for that fight

I quite liked the ending(s) but I would have liked to have known a bit about what happened in the immediate aftermath to the main protagonists.

My overall playstyle was similar to CardJoe, I went full hacking, then lifting and then filled out my inventory and at one point I had 10 unspent praxis points. Most of the time spent sneaking around with none-lethal takedowns and the occasional silenced headshot from my AP 10mm, which also worked surprisingly well for
    saving Malik, a few headshots and even the heavies were down pretty fast

12. Grimloon

Storage behind the basketball court in Detroit IIRC. If you buy AUDs from the guy in the garage (300 each and he has 4) you can get it as soon as you go out in to the city without needing to upgrade your hacking. I already had one from the augmented edition but I seem to recall seeing one there.

13. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

I went for non-lethal stealth. Upgraded my hacking first and then just upgraded others as and when they became necessary. Spent a lot of the game with available praxis points in the double figures but in the end just decided to spend them on upgrades for the sake of it. Think I was 8 praxis points off maxing out every aug by the end of the game.

End of game augs

14. thehippoz

think you pretty much have to get the aug to punch through walls early.. there's areas with hidden loot and shortcuts you can open up if your an explorer

yeah have no problems with praxis points when exploring.. the jumping I don't think you need to get strait off but landing is nice early on.. you can get to high areas with boxes

hacking- including turrent hack.. that's a good one.. when you turn it on, you see a ton of man down and get the xp for the kills too

getting the concussion,emp,gas grenade immunity is nice.. xray vision is pretty good but not necessary really..; like the silver tongue upgrade.. nice but not needed either

15. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I feel by far the biggest floor in the game is the lack of politics, I remember having a lot of well thought out philosophical debates as JC and DXHR doesn't seem to go nearly as 'deep' with the story.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very good modern game, worthy of 8 or 9 out of 10....it excels and beats Deus Ex in several areas such as the actual game-play mechanics and accessibility of it all....but it definitely lacked the depth of story and details that the original had, it also wasn't nearly as open.

My biggest annoyance is that none of your decisions really had much of an effect on the ending (apart from the big obvious choice of course).
    Even if you save Malik nothing really comes of it in game, and when you save your ex nothing really comes of it either, it's a couple of minute scene and that's that then. In fact the only choice that was linked in well that springs to mind is whether of not you got the software update at Limb!

Oh and
    saving malik
    is very easy with the dart gun...

16. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Aye, I managed it no problem with the dart gun, one EMP grenade and a few takedowns which I chucked in because I wanted to feel like an augmented badass.

17. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

The pre-order DLC weapons only appear in the game at all if you have the pre-order DLC, as far as I know.

-

I've started a new playthrough and this time I'm going for full lethality, ghost on every objective and the "Foxiest of the Hounds" achievement.
    Due to the game's wonky (imo) balance, I'm finding it much, much harder than playing pure-stealth, non-lethal or a combination of approaches.
    Killing everyone is easy, but doing so AND maintaining 'ghost' is tough; especially without silenced weapons in the early levels.

It's a good sign when I spend 55 hours finishing a game and still feel compelled to go back and play it through from the start only a day later.
    There aren't many games that has happened to me with, and one of them was the original Deus Ex. That says quite a bit about the things Eidos Montreal got right with DXHR, despite the list of complaints I could reel off on-command.

One thing I'm enjoying this time around is exploring the other story avenues that I hadn't the first time, even if they don't have much of an impact into the rest of the game.
    For instance,
    at the finale of the Sarif plant mission I decided to just fight Zeke Sanders instead of talking him down and letting him go. I pulled up my 10mm pistol and shot him between the eyes before he could kill Josie Thorpe, then spoke to the SWAT officers for their reactions to it. I got reprimanded for killing him and denying the opportunity to interrogate the guy. So, out of curiosity I reloaded and put a tranquilizer dart in Sanders' face instead. This time, with the hostages rescued and Sanders incapacitated instead of dead (or escaped), everyone was happy with me. Until I got outside and had one of the cops call me a mass-murderer, and back to Sarif to have Pritchard call me Atilla the Hun.
    Nice touches. This game is full of them.

Last edited: 3 Sep 2011
  18. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Has anyone managed this?

19. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I lol'd last night when taking down the 2nd boss. It couldn't have been easier.
    Side stepped her initial charge shot her with the stun gun which freezes her long enough to reload it, shoot her again, repeat 20 times and down she goes.

20. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

lol, Deux-Craft?

never tried that, would PEPS work? i've always went for tranq rifle. got a PEPS from police station, seems pretty useless, only knocking people off their feet, doesn't actually stun them.......

just beaten her in my 2nd play through going all out non-lethal stealth. decided to give Typhoon a try this time round, but only for bosses. engage it when she charges at you, 2 goes and a few bullets to the head, job done. had 200 health, came out with 180 health!

was being clever and carried a turret all the way to her, only to have it trapped at other side of the door, because of the stupid cutscene.