1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Asus Matrix GTX580 Platinum Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 5 Sep 2011.

1. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

I noticed that the MSI 580GTX wasn't in the graphs, I pulled its review to check where it was and when comparing to this one, no sign of it.

Back on topic: Powerful and great engineering in there and a good value for the graphics it is! Normally, this kind of editions boosts price towards 500 but this one is tickling the sweet spot! I've only 2 nudges to it, the triple slot (it's necessary alright but it will be heavy and look cramped) and the fact that it has a custom pcb which means no water block for it which is a shame.

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

Excellent. I'll buy a used one when the next cards come out :lol:

3. mediapcAddict

mediapcAddict What's a Dremel?

sorry for the n00b question but with the card already running cool and quiet at 816 ( 920MHz with OC ) what would be the gain with water cooling? realistically with a good 580 what frequencies could you reach with water cooling? would they be significantly higher than this card??

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

It wouldn't be the case of a higher overclock rather a case of even lower temperatures and even quieter operating sounds.

Plus Watercooling is simply beautfiul to behold.

5. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

350 watts to dissipate media.. it is still interesting to me how far over spec these things are.. ati should do the same with the 6970 stock (currently at spec 300w)

if you can't beat em in sucking the wall socket dry, join em.. doesn't look like nvidia even cares about specs anymore =]

6. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Why wasn't the MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme in the graphs? Seems a bit pointless making a comparison with it on the first page, only to exclude it in the actual numbers.

Tags: Add Tags