1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2011 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 30 Nov 2010.

1. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

That's just every five seconds anyway.

0855-1035 Live coverage of the 1st practice session from the Italian Grand Prix with 5Live commentary.

1255-1435 Live coverage of the 2nd practice session from the Italian Grand Prix with 5Live commentary.

BBC Red Button/Online.

2. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Well, they could sue them for the name of country as well. iRan, bloody *******s trying to gain fame using a i®™.

3. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Does it really matter though? Iran's so far away ;)

4. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

This vid is terrifying and hilarious in equal measures.

5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I remember that and also remember going 'WHAT THE F............'

Seriously scary but instantly reminded me of Dick Dastardly :clap:

It is worth noting that he was extremely lucky about the track he was on at the time. That exact incident at somewhere like Valencia, Monaco, Singapore, Monza, Canada could have been a massively different outcome.

6. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Instinct is such a b*tch that even though you've just seen both front wheels explode off your car you still try to countersteer.

7. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

ROFL! I hadn't noticed that :hehe:

8. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

That's why it's hilarious and terrifying in equal measures.

I didn't notice it when it happened either, too busy going HOLY WTF but I came across that video the other day and I've not stopped laughing yet.

9. Redsnake77

Redsnake77 Useless Idiot

10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Will McLarens higher downforce wing setup cause them to get mugged on the straights?, they're 8th in the speedtraps, but they're over a second faster than the Bulls in FP1. As ever, can't read too much into those times. We'll have to wait and see how the times fair come the end of Q3.

I remember when Button was running a barn door last year in Monza, but he got pipped by Alonso in the stops and couldn't get past with a vastly superior F-Duct.

Will they make up more time with less wing and better top speed, or more wing and greater downforce in the corners. Monza being made up of mostly straights I'm leaning towards the former.

11. Canon

Canon Reformed

Were those new overalls Lewis was wearing? I didn't catch much of him in the practice sessions. Oh and if anyone knows what it is written across the back of them that would be good.

12. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Hmmmm. Button was faster through sector one and two on that last lap (even though he wouldn't have taken pole because Vettel went faster again) but binned the lap and pitted. Could that be intentional to stay third and have someone to slipstream off the grid instead of having open air and being slipstreamed?

I couldn't really make out much of the overalls but I swear I could Senna emblazoned across his back. Maybe lots of previous world champions?

13. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

McLaren have been wearing different overals for Quali for most of this season, this time I saw "Senna" along with various other names emblazoned on the back.

What is the point of qualifying these days? All we get is the bottom 3 teams out in Q1, then Q2 all the mid-field players go out, leaving Red-Bull, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes then Renault to line up - always with Vettel on pole. I'm not going to bother watching Quali any more, Mr Vettel is making me bitter. :wallbash:

14. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

There's an article on the McLaren website about their own 50 greatest drivers. I'd imagine that's what the overalls are showing.

15. Canon

Canon Reformed

I thought it said Senna.....christ's sake :duh:

@ninja'd by Throbbi, that makes it a little less silly. Just looking at that feature, little strange seeing they have Piquet down in No.40

16. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Indeed. I'm not entirely sure how they're deciding the order to be honest. They have J.J. Lehto above Piquet and admittedly my memory might be a bit hazy but I can't remember Lehto doing, well, anything.

17. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

James is no fool. He was always quite good, but he had to follow Walker and thus was also doomed.

You only have to look a Leggard to realise JA was never as bad as people (including me) thought he was.

I think we're well set with MB and DC now though!

Also, predictable qualifying is predictable. Although I had Webber and Alonso the other way around.

18. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

I'm going to stab someone if I hear the word "Passion" again.

19. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I love watching Monza, the Italian fans have so much passion.

Zinfandel likes this.
  20. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Haha, touché sir!

Part 73 in a series of incredibly tedious clichés.