1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Dual to single Monitor Macro key

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Stonerd, 14 Sep 2011.

1. Stonerd

Stonerd The monkey's out of the bottle, man

Hey everyone,

this is how my display setup is atm.

23" dell ips monitor (dvi) <= pc => (mini hdmi) manual HDMI Switch <= PS3
    and
    manual HDMI Switch => 23" HDTV

I probably made that more complicated than it needs to be. Anyway, I'm wondering if there's a macro key I can create so that when I hit the hdmi manual switch to go from my pc to my ps3 on the tv, I can also hit macro key on my keyboard and switch it from dual monitor to single (and vice versa). Is this type of macro key possible?

Any information you guys could provide would be appreciated (even if that information is "you're an idiot". :p )

Thanks,
    Stonerd

2. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Bump. I tried to work this out a few years ago and couldn't manage it. I would be interested to see if there is a way of doing it.

3. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

i doubt you cuould do it as your crossing acorss several different pltaforms.

the only way i could see it working is if the keyboard was plugged into an HDMI switch that enabled a double tap insert to switch or whatever. It would then just have to be recognised by the PC maybe via an usb lead from the HDMI switch to PC.

I think that would work although not sure i it exists. If not you saw it here first and its MINE

4. Stonerd

sorry i know how illegible my first post was, i dont want the key on the switch, i can manage hitting 2 buttons, the switch and my keyboard. lol

all im looking for is a way to create a macro key on my keyboard that will change my monitor setup between 1 and 2 monitors when i want to without having to go into display settings everytime i want to play my ps3.

5. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

ohhhhhhhh

have a look at ultramon you can set hotkeys in that. should work no problem

Stonerd likes this.
  6. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

Another very easy way if you don't want to install ultramon is create 2 profiles in your gpu control panel, one with 1 monitor and one with 2, then create a desktop shortcut and assign a winkey + character to them.

Edit: forgot this isn't built into nvidia control panel, so if you have nvidia you would still have to install an extra program like nview or nhancer to be able to make profile shortcuts.

Last edited: 14 Sep 2011
  7. Stonerd

ultramon seems to be my answer, thanks a lot

I do have a nvidia card but i can easily handle running another program, thanks anyway.

8. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Maybe I am not understanding correctly, so sorry in advance.

But how about Win+P key