1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Hard Reset Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 14 Sep 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

I knew it was too cheap: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=215775

As a PC gamer, I'm actually quite upset that it isn't better.
    I'm still playing DE:HR through on Pacifist, and the New Vegas DLC and...well, a ton of stuff. I'll pick it up later.

3. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

I liked the visual feeling of the game from the pictures and trailers, too bad it doesn't live to expectations... Maybe I'll buy in Christmas Steam sales

4. SlowMotionSuicide

SlowMotionSuicide Come Hell or High Water

5. feathers

feathers Minimodder

The demo didn't engage me. Hated the style of the game. I hope I remembered to uninstall it.

6. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

A shame, I was hoping this'd turn out to be rather good. I'll still pick it up when it's cheaper though.

7. Ciber

Ciber Minimodder

I have an idea. Instead why not focus on making the maps load quicker? I've always thought all the fancy loading screens surely make the loading take longer. Particularly mass effect 3 with it's pretty loading screens I saw much too much of. On my PC a small not that special looking map from a console port should take about 2 seconds to load and for that a blank screen would be fine.

As for Hard Reset I think I will wait for it to be £2 on steam and in the meantime give my girlfriend a 'Hard Reset' instead. :p

8. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I enjoyed the demo but there are too many other big titles coming out over the next couple of month for me to pick this up yet. I'll wait for a Steam sale methinks.

9. thil

thil What's a Dremel?

"Waaaaah, I want more PC-oriented games," says the PC gaming crowd, "Waaaaaah, we need more PC-only developers!"

*a PC-only shooter is released, by a PC-only developer*

"Waaaah, it's not as good as these console ports I've been playing!"

For ****'s sake...

Far as I'm concerned, I only paid five bucks for it. The rest was an investment in a developer whose ideas I like and who I'd like to see succeed.

10. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

I played through the demo six or eight times. Beautiful graphics but not much to the gameplay. A pleasant little diversion, nothing more. Just shoot everything that moves like games used to be. Modern graphics and old style gameplay.
    It's worth about $15 as is. I'll just wait a month or two and it'll be at that price or less. Then I'll buy it.

11. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Such anger. Maybe you just feel guilty because you still like mindless dumb shooters that should have died out with Serious Sam in the 90's.

Most PC gamers want PC focused games, but they need to at least be good. But whatever, you support them and hopefully you'll get more of what you want. Meanwhile I'll support companies like Bohemia Interactive and Egosoft, and hopefully I'll get more of what I want.

12. Ciber

Ciber Minimodder

I like the way the demo looks. A lot. Not keen on all the console style invisible walls though.

13. thil

thil What's a Dremel?

14. rogerrabbits

It was in development 1996 and being hyped in magazines in 1997.

I'm sorry you enjoy games that require a certain amount of brain damage or retardation to find fun.

Now I'm off to study forensic accountancy so I can play Arma 2 :hehe:

15. thil

thil What's a Dremel?

What, you mean that Operation Flashpoint clone? What year was that released, anyway? Hmmm...wait, aren't they doing a reboot of that? So who's doing the worse resurrecting of old-school games?

16. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

lol yeah.. but who wants to sit there and punch themselves in the face

17. rogerrabbits

There's nothing wrong with resurrecting something good. You want to pretend I'm trying to force my opinion, but you are the one who criticised all PC gamers for not supporting a game that only YOU find good. It looks like a typical dumb shooter to me with nothing interesting going for it, it also gets just 65% in a review, so who are you to chastise PC gamers for not supporting them?

I support companies that I like, and you can't try to shame me in to seeing things your way.

18. ledbythereaper

ledbythereaper What's a Dremel?

I heard Hard Reset is pretty fun to play, and isn't that what playing games is all about? Having fun...

19. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Meh let them argue it out, it is the internet after all!

I will give this one a miss, I was tempted at first but it just sounds pants now! So glad I missed this one and Dead Island!

20. rogerrabbits

I heard it's pretty dumb and can be finished in 4 hours. Who is right?

Tags: Add Tags