1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bad welder threatens to take car in payment

Discussion in 'General' started by Huge, 14 Sep 2011.

1. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

This is why i never provide my address to anyone until i agree a payment to be made. All i give is a first name and a mobile number, which isn't very easy to track anybody down with.

Sorry to hear that the ***** has won, personally i would cut out all the plates he put in, knock the filler out and boxed it up and returned it to him.

Then inform him that threating the wrong person can really f**k his day up. Little bullies that threaten people into paying for crap end up getting there just deserts

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Explain to your parents that they are perfectly safe.

If this man was prepared to make good on his threats, he would have done so already. He wouldn't have been pissing about with this song and dance for nearly a week now, and he certainly would not be talking about involving solicitors. He keeps changing his tactics, trying to find the weakest pressure point, because he knows that he cannot really push that hard (at the moment, your parents' fears are the weakest point. Don't let him find out or he will focus his attention on them more). He barks a lot, but he hasn't bitten yet. Should tell you something.

So here's how you play it: text him that you totally agree with his move to involve the solicitors. Tell him that this is indeed the best, most sensible and mature way to settle the dispute and that your solicitor will contact his to discuss how this matter can be resolved amicably. Sound like the most co-operative soul on Earth. Then wait for the letter. Which I assure you will never arrive. After another week, he'll cut his losses and move on.

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Lol this thread makes me laugh, Yea the welder is a cowboy I live in wales and I've met a lot of cowboy workers here, Having been a welder for over 40 years myself what really surprises me is he did a patch job, You can buy almost every panel there is for mini's I never patch up a car that I could just buy the whole panel for its actually a lot easier to replace the panel and it all fits better

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Holy crap that was awesome. ***ken owned tbh! :D

I have a massive urge to caption that clip now!

Bully: What's up fatty, you talking **** again?
    Other kid: Get your hands off me, bitch.
    Bully: Oooh big talk, you're gettin punched for that son.
    Other kid: If you slap me again, I'm gonna piledrive your ass.
    Bully: Yeah try it. I'mma go to work on your ribs next.
    Other kid: ***king warned you.

*SLAM*

Fin.

:hehe:

5. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Well that settles it then, we have to kill him.
    Joke obviously :nono:

Sucks to here that it went down this way bud, i have had similar experiences and i think you have come to the right choice.

Expose him on watchdog? can be anonymous.

6. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

The welder will probably work out it's him though.

And that video is teh lulz.

7. Huge

Huge aka Dave

Surprisingly, after telling me he would sort an invoice on Saturday, I still haven't heard from him yet. No idea what he's up to. Perhaps he's had an accident? Lost his memory (or limbs). One can hope.

8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Yeh i was'nt so keen on you paying him so you may be expecting a international phonecall from a very apologetic welder in the next few days...

When quan and his boys have finished with him that is

9. benjjamin

benjjamin needs MORE POWER!

He's probably thought sh*t now what do i do and trying to think of another way to get cash without paper work and just to say iv read all the post and cant belive it had to come to this :waah:, but you goto do what you goto do. kudos to you anyways ;)

10. Huge

Huge aka Dave

Yeah I was livid at the idea of giving him the money. Legally I've got him tied up in knots and his threats didn't bother me, but if my Mum was that effected I had no choice but to pay him off.

And DeadP1xels, if that were true I'd give you half the money I was going to give him :thumb:

11. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

I HATE jackasses like the guy who is trying to screw you. If I had a car I would drive over to newport, wait near your house, pretend to be a passer by when he shows up and knock his lights out! I know that is awfully uncivil of me but I wouldn't be able to keep calm enough to do anything else.

I hope you get this sorted dude, the guy is bluffing with the solicitors and you might find that in the end you will come out on top. He has to provide an invoice and then you will have his details for the police and trading standards.

12. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Told you: all bark, no bite. He cannot reasonably refuse you an invoice if you agreed to pay him. Check mate.

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I LIKE!
    I hope he stays frikken quiet... *ssholes like that serve no purpose but to make life difficult...

14. Huge

Huge aka Dave

[​IMG]

So there goes that theory. My bank account is about to be £250 lighter. If you want to cheer me up, read my thread (linked in my sig) and tell me how awesome my room is. :waah:

15. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Yeah looks like a really professionally drawn up "Invoice" there... Seriously dude, that's a Word document letter, typed up in about 5 minutes. I still wouldn't doubt that he doesn't declare his earnings. Yes, you now have more of a legal obligation to pay him, but if "Ben Jones Vehicle Repairs" isn't listed with IR and he isn't paying NI, taxes etc, he's still the cowboy at fault. Even if you do pay it, I'd report him to trading standards, stating that you suspect him of trading and scamming people with poor workmanship and not declaring his earnings to the government.

16. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

I'd say, go back to TS. Past this point, I don't think we have much to say

17. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Don't pay until you have spoken to Trading Standards once more. Now you have an address, a supposed business name and his bank details.

I won't blame you for paying the guy if it make your mum feel better and safer, I'd do the same. Just make sure you get the authorities on to this guy.

18. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I've not read entire thread but have you taken car to a decent garage for an inspection?

If you had a 3rd party inspection done you could at least get a price reduction from "Ben Jones"

http://www.goodgaragescheme.co.uk/

19. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

The shonky dude isn't as stupid as we hoped :miffed:

One the receipt, he has described his lousy work as "various welding repairs" not "rust removal" or "rust repairs"

So is Ben Jones the dodgy welder's name?
    Is Ashfield Bungalow the business name?
    And is Magor Mon, NP26 supposed to be the address?

20. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

If you want to take it one step further, you could say you need his VAT registration number before you can make payment.