1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 22 Jul 2011.

1. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

I hope both games are successful. I couldnt care about the single player aspects but Ive put over 100hrs into both Battlefield 2 (not Bad Company 2) and Modern Warefare Black Ops. Different games, both fun when playing with friends. I actually didnt think much to Bad Company 2,putting in only about 30hrs total.

If MW3 is more of the same with better graphics then that suits me just fine.... with a couple of caveats.

For those that comment about not finding servers on MW2.... it doesnt have any! Its peer 2 peer! Hopefully MW3 will stay like black ops and have dedicated servers too.
    If they go back to low player count peer 2 peer servers then that would probably put me off buying this time round.
    Plus... the price.... Activision seem to think they can charge an extra £10 for their games simply because its COD.... erm.. not this time. Unless I can get it at the normal price either via Amazon/Tesco etc then I wont be buying it.

2. Overlord

Overlord What's a Dremel?

The reviewer would have got kudos from me if he'd rammed the xbox controller up Robert Bowling's arse.

3. Tsung

Tsung What's a Dremel?

Well no one seems to be slightly concerned with this "There are dogs with C4 strapped to their bodies" ?

Ok, the Russians tried this ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_dog ) . But how long after the game is released will it be until the news story about some poor animal injured having a firework or similar explosive strapped to it's body?. The idiots who do this will blame the game, even if they don't get caught I'm sure mainstream press will be happy to blame the game. This sort of thing doesn't do gaming any favours at all,.

As for my MW3 stance.. Meh.. is all I can say. It will sell well, there will be expansions in the form of map packs, then MW4 will be announced and we start the whole cycle again. :p

4. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

What and this is any worse than walking through an airport slaughtering everyone on sight.
    Still not a good idea.

But it will give the game more attention - Free Marketing!!

5. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

After reading that I thought of the tickers from Gears of War with a dog skin, and probably included purely for the outrage it would generate.

6. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

The last COD game I played was Modern Warfare & to be fair was alright but still lacked any sense of freedom which frustrated me.

I agree that the SP side of things can be quite well paced, action packed but the lack of freedom and initiative bores me plus the constant spawn of enemies unless you cross a certain line is terrible!

7. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

There should be people still playing COD4. I gave MW2 a miss and found that plenty of people were still playing COD4 even after MW2 had been released. That's the great thing about pc gaming - if a game's mp is good enough, people will be playing it for years. People are still playing Fear multiplayer, for example.

8. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Not sure if troll.....

9. KASxxWill

KASxxWill What's a Dremel?

The only reason to buy/rent MW3, is because of the story and concluding the MW story line... which already has more holes than the Iraqi Navy.

Other than that, there's more games out there... even more than just BF3. :O

10. fata1_666

fata1_666 ...

looking foward to this cant wait for the london police cars. lol

11. amartin91

amartin91 What's a Dremel?

i completely disagree with the review here, I thin, from what i have played of it it is possible the best call of duty I have yet played, and i have played them all. it brings fun and laughter as well as seriousness all at the same time. the pups with c4 is a strange idea, but when one does catch you and pins you down you know you have a few seconds to run and it makes it fun. yes the levels do get hard I got to level 14 while playing it before being kicked off. no I do not work for the press but yes I am a gamer and yes I know a thing or two about what makes a good game. and this is a good game. it is unfinished, but I do believe there will be 80 levels (from what I can tell from playing it) but, back to the point it brought me laughter enjoyment from playing it while it all being serious at the same time, only counterstrike 1.6 made me feel like that. I am 19 years of age. and I enjoy all types of games. From old (bubble bobble, space invaders, asteroids and pac man, to new games Call of duty modern warfare 3, battlefield 3, need for speed and guild wars 2. but none of these new games make me feel as happy as bubble bobble or pac man apart from call of duty. and I believe it is a very good game with some serious potential to be the best game of 2011. Discuss :)

12. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

It's not a review, it's a preview (and as it's not released until November, you must be playing a leaked version :nono:).

Joe is not saying it's a bad game per se, just that when he played it it felt like more of the same.

13. amartin91

amartin91 What's a Dremel?

legit

I went to the eurogamer expo and played it there :D

Tags: Add Tags