1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 3 recommended specs only good for medium settings

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 23 Sep 2011.

1. somidiot

somidiot Minimodder

I wish they'd make it 3 tiered, minimum, recommended for medium details and then recommended for ultimate. But then that might make sense. Can't have that.

I probably won't play it, I haven't been a huge fan of the series. Perhaps when it reaches the bargain bin .... If I do get it though I won't be underclocking my GTX 560 Ti Like I do for most other games that I play. Yes I have a 1080p screen.

2. sharpethunder

sharpethunder Minimodder

i cant be bothered to download the beta i want this game to surprize me when it is released i do have the options to install it i will though. I will running it on my 3x 27ich
    Hazro HZ27WD testing my 2 gtx580s 7680x4320 but i dont think i will be able to use that res though

Last edited: 28 Sep 2011
  3. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Woo hoo get in there,

Also never had micro stutter.

4. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

As other owners of top end rigs have said, I will see it when I believe it. I've preordered on Origin so we will see on the 27th just how hard this game pushes nehalem/sandybridge rigs that have 580s.

5. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

I bet my two GTX275s will fare just fine. If not then its 580 time ;)

6. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Yeah you should be fine, my 560 might struggle... SLi time I think.

7. bazman24

bazman24 Minimodder

really not sure how my 5870 will cope! suppose it will be ok with medium settings. im really tempted at the moment to upgrade now but im also waiting for the high end 7xxx series. mmmm..... what to do

8. Deders

Deders Modder

I only get microstutter on a couple of games, and it's not a big issue. Just Cause 2 is noticeable when you enable the Nvidia only settings as it is only calculated on one card, making it an unbalanced load.

Sure it's preferable to have 1 big card that runs everything but having 2 doesn't really suck that much.

9. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

well there goes my dream of 8800GTS running medium settings. f4wk.

oh well. but its good to kno these things coz now i wont be too rushed to buy a new card and place my bet. i'd simply wait until beta is out, a couple review is out, THEN ill buy the card i NEED... not the one i WANT.

gawd, being married can really change a person...

10. Ayrto

Ayrto What's a Dremel?

Obviously the key is what res he meant. For 3 monitor setups this sort of requirement isn't that unusual now . If he means 1920 x1080 however, it may indicate that they've failed in their bid to get DX11 GPU 'command list ' multithreading working as they stated they wanted to, in their GDC presentation.

Maybe Bit tech could find out if they've got this "utopian" (as they described it) , DX11 feature ready for launch?

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Like many others, I'll wait and see just what we're getting that makes it so demanding. Is it just not optimized as well as DICE like to say? It's it actually graphically stunning? Or, what I'm putting my money on, did they cover the maximum settings with an overload of "prettification" settings? Having everything shine and glow doesn't make a graphically stunning game.

What interests me most is the scaling of the settings. From a competitive perspective, do all the pretty features simply get in the way? Does dropping down to low shadows, for example, suddenly make dark corners easily visible? Does low ground clutter suddenly make that sniper in the bushes visible? Such problems have troubled many an FPS game in the past and typically doesn't get the attention it deserves, imo.

Last edited: 23 Sep 2011
  12. Ergath

Ergath Giant Zombie Pigeon Photographer

+1

Definitely recall that playing BF2 in full settings just meant that you couldn't see some of the snipers (as pointed out by the Tweakguide). Very annoying. I remember when I first got that game I was running a Radeon 9600 which really struggled. I set the game to 1600*1200 once just for laughs and I was blown away by the amazingly beautiful slideshow my card grudgingly rendered... It was all worth it when I upgraded though - as others have said, it's like the game is new all over again.

Hopefully my current 5850 won't be as totally incompetent for BF3 as my 9600 was for BF2..

13. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

Fair enough, i'm not against SLI per se it'll just have to come a bit further along before i would consider it. What perked my ears was the suggestion that it only happened on ATI cards and that it could even happen on one card (!)

14. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

oh crap this doesn't look good.
    I guess we should play the beta before we start buying stuff.

15. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

Don't quote Tom's again there's a good boy.

16. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

As far as I'm aware there's no rule against quoting other sites? Was relevant to the original post. Theres a good boy

Last edited: 24 Sep 2011
  17. Jonelo

Jonelo What's a Dremel?

18. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

Doesn't sound like nvidia marketing to me. One guy asked if he can max it with 1 gtx580 or if he'll need 2, and Daniel simply replied "2".

19. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

Instead of upgrading for one screen. I will rather upgrade so I can play at mediumish setting on three monitors. That would be more worthwhile in the long run.

20. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Watch the patches make performance much better.

Tags: Add Tags