1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Battlefield 3 beta opens

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 27 Sep 2011.

1. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

I'd give anything to be able to change settings outside of combat... :(

2. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

Thats very true. Seems to be a lot people complaining about the Battlelog thing but I've heard it boots the game in less than 30 seconds once you connect to a server which sounds good to me! Also read a few forums and other sites with people commenting on how they couldn't work out how to join a server...saying how clicking Quick Match put them in a queu of 80 people etc...however a lot of people are saying it's easy, you just find a server with a some spaces in it and join! Exactly like BFBC2. I'm presuming those struggling are those used to MW or other shooters. Thats not a slur on them at all, after all Quick Match should be exactly that but i think if you are used to Battlefield games it will actually seem pretty simple.

3. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Can any of you guys actually REMAP any of yoru mouse/keys? I tried to no avail.

Anytime I clicked something, like in the MOUSE column to set my crouch to one of my mouse buttons, nothing happened and the mouse pointer woudl vanish until i hit ESC and tried again.

Sucks as I love the game, but cant config it to my usual BF setup.. So i sucked.. well.. I sucked more so than normal.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I found that the mouse wouldn't bind the key's so I just installed the software for my mouse and now it works a treat.

Same with my dad he was about to cancel his pre - order because of it, as apparently they hadn't even thought about mouse binding according to a rep from Dice.

My dad loaded his mouse software and work's for him now after he stopped spitting his dummy out :) and now he loves it.

The one I do not like is the stupid online server browser, takes ages to find a game then takes ages to connect to it and load it, and the quick match thing barely works.

I just hope in the final release there is a in game server browser and all the normal stuff otherwise it's a no brainer as not to be bought by me, simply because I don't see the point in loading in to a server just to change a few options if needed.

5. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

If you're on the Virgin 100Mb service then you'd download around 12 or 13MB/sec at most.

6. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

@damien c

Hmm hadn't installed the specific mouse software.. I'll give that a go. Ta.

7. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

8. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

console owners having a moan... and bicker. gagaga

Bede likes this.
  9. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

lol... dated hardware trying to keep pace with a modern title. You get what you pay for afterall! ;)

10. Bede

Bede Minimodder

I am still hungover from post-work celebrations last night, this made me smile (in a schadenfreude/total-******* kind of way!). Seriously though, I can't understand why they complain about muddy textures - there isn't enough memory and it's not a game which can afford to have CoD's miniscule levels to compensate.

I can't wait to get into the beta, hopefully they will patch some of the problems before the open beta begins.

11. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Managed to configure the arrow keys after turning NumLock off.
    Didnt worked for me.
    :wallbash:

12. sharpethunder

sharpethunder Minimodder

i cant be bothered to download the beta i want this game to surprize me when it is released i do have the options to install it i will though. I will running it on my 3x 27ich
    Hazro HZ27WD testing my 2 gtx580s 7680x4320 but i dont think i will be able to use that res though

Last edited: 28 Sep 2011
  13. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

well can I have your key then? hooooo

14. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

It's a PC Game for once. For the past 6+ years we've been treat like lapdogs with inferior console ports. Now it's time for the console players to feel what we've had to put up with!

If they want to have good graphics buy it on the PC, this is where the BF Genre grew from NOT a
    bloody dated console!

15. Metaporic

Metaporic Minimodder

Has anyone else been having issues getting the game to run? Been trying since last night. Seems like its going to load, windows wheel and origin states its running. Then it seems to just stop running without opening up. My windows processes show it start and after a few seconds disappear from the list.

16. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

I pre ordered it on amazon :(

17. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

You sir are ignorant or just ill-informed. He's talking Mega-bits per second not Mega-Bytes..
    So your both right.. Note his use of the LOWER case 'b'? Although the lower 'm' would be millibits lol..

What is 8x13? Oh it's 104 isn't it? And 8x12 is 96... What a coincidence..

Shattered the open beta opens at 10pm for me, 20hour wait before I can play :(

18. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Downloading now. Not so great speeds on my 50Mb connection. 3.5MB/s but I put that down to the sheer volume of people downloading right now from Origin.
    Added more ram to bring me up to 8GB for this as my HDD keeps taking a spanking when paging dragging all my games down as of late. Maybe I shouldn't keep so much stuff running when playing games? :p

19. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Already have VERY bad impressions of Origin..

Click Play game > Launches web browser (WTF) > OK.. Ill go with it > Click game to launch > Install plug-in for Firefox.. Really.. WTF? > Install plugin > Attempt to join game > "You must be using latest Nvidia Beta drivers to play" *sigh*.

Why can't it just launch like a normal game and at the very least, allow me to use the latest WHQL drivers rather than beta?. Messing with my browsers to play is NOT cool, nor is having to install beta GPU drivers.

I under stand that the game is Beta, but why does the rest of my machine have to be?

20. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Because it is a BETA!

It is a beta of a game that hasn't been released yet, so yes you are going to be using Beta drivers optimised for the best performance for that title. You are lucky that the card manufacturers are on the ball enough to have drivers out for the Beta before hand. It is a 30 second download and a couple of minutes to install the drivers, hardly the end of the world.

At least you have drivers that will give you decent performance in a game that hasn't been released yet.

I really don't see the problem.... :eyebrow:

[ZiiP] NaloaC likes this.
Tags: Add Tags