1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

DX10

2. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

Its gotten allot better (so it seems anyway :S) I've been on a few good rush games where the squads have been co-ordinating, and people have been playing there roles properly, which ever side did it was unstopable! Whislt the other side tried to play CoD style and got a burst from my 200 round machine gun ^_^ defense is fun :)

Last edited: 3 Oct 2011
  3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

strangest and most consistent physics feature in Caspian is tank vs wreck. tank always flys or get pushed backwards.

4. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

The oddest thing I have seen so far is dead bodies sliding across the floor, I keep on unloading mags in to them before I realise they are already dead.
    Then I get to the point where I see a body moving on the floor, I think it's a buggy one, then it shoots me :(

5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Ha, I've seen bodies fly in the air, while I'm in spec mode after I died, I'm specing the guy that killed me, he gets killed and his body goes weeeeeeeee.

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

7. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    One profile per account:
    http://www.destructoid.com/battlefield-3-limited-to-one-profile-per-player-208677.phtml

And:

8. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

9. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

10. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Watch out for hacked servers and accounts bans:
    [​IMG]

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

squad management in battlelog doesn't work either.

last night, we created a party, joined. did not end up on the same team or same squad. late joiners however did end up on my squad since there were 2 spaces on my squad.

this squad system is so messed up. i guess DICE never heard of "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".

12. Orionche

Orionche Guest

Not sure why would it be. Its all a matter of how much time you have and FPS experience. Me and my clan mates, when in a squad, get up to an average 4k points per match. If there's more of us on the same server, we finish the full metro map within 15 minutes. We've all been playing 5-6 hours every night since it went live and we're all already above rank 30. :)

Play with friends, progress. :)

13. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Can I add too that as well, HTF can these people rank up so much do they seriously have no job or social life ???

5-6hours a day, well that reinforces my above comment

14. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

Ok, in our house hold there is

15 yr old T. playing on Xbox ...he thinks the visuals and game play are rubbish ...not a patch on BC2.

17 yr old B. playing on PS3 ...he's underwhelmed. Impressed by the grass detail when prone but while he'll probably buy the game he's really looking forward to the next CoD.

Then there's me (age withheld to spare the blushes) ...I too am underwhelmed by the game play. Now this could be because I've only played the park section a couple of times but it all seems more spread out with 'experienced players having way too much advantage. Could be i'm just crap but it seems just a little too hard to get into... I just play a couple of rounds and find all I want to do is exit and go back to BC2's Africa Harbour!

The graphics are again a disappointment. It could be my 4890 on 10.7 driver is what's letting me down. (No kidding Sherlock!) I've hesitated to upgrade the driver, taking a 'if it ain't broke don't fix' attitude. What would ppl suggest as the best driver for 4890 and this game ....the latest one?

It's just comparison to BC2, the gameplay is just faster, more fluid and the graphics way more superior.

As things stand, I'll be waiting til this reduced atleast a tenner on Amazon before indulging.

15. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

While I remember, is there anyway to just explore the map?
    I have tried logging in to an unpopulated server but I am stuck in the same place, while waiting for other players?

16. AMDFTW

AMDFTW What's a Dremel?

this is a beta thoe mate the graphics wont be upto scratch at the moment have you seen some of the screenshots of the game?

17. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Best i have found is to just explore while in game, but on the mcoms stations that have been taken out behind. IE when attacking the 2nd 'stage' have a run around the 1st stage.

There are plenty of places i havent figured out yet only just found out some of the buildings on the 3rd and final stage have stairwells providing 1st and 2nd floor window coverage onto the street!

Also I am loving playing as medic again!

18. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

While in general I do dislike the metro map (too small and enclosed) The last section of it is absolutely amazing. People hiding in all the buildings, while rocket launchers try their best to take them down e.t.c, a whole map in a city like that would be excellent.

I also have to hand it to DICE, the animations and destructables are pretty damned amazing.

They do need to tone down how bright those damned flashlights and flashes from enemy scopes are, It looks like they're holding floodlights rather than torches.

19. Orionche

Orionche Guest

Most of the people playing with me are all working, have wives/girlfriends and some have kids. They're not on EVERY day. However, it is a new game and people wanna try out all aspects of it and are investing more time than usual before they dish out 50€. They wanna see if its worth their limited free time.

20. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Who ever came up with this idea of squads in the Battlelog only needs sacking!