1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Rage - Anyone excited?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Da_Rude_Baboon, 28 Sep 2011.

1. knarF

knarF Noob

Can't wait. Much more excited for this than BF3 personally.

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The normal version is £23.85 on ShopTo for preorder too.

I'm in two minds on it really - in principle I'm quite excited, the Preview that the Bit-tech guys did got me quite interested, but that gameplay footage just looks... Meh. Interesting levels blighted by crappy AI (or bad enemy placement) to my eyes.

3. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Gah! Yeah! It's so stupid. Everyone I know loves playing games in co-op!!!!!!! And apparently Borderlands was one of the best for that. There are so few games that let you do it too, which makes Rage pretty stupid for not providing that :(

The only thing I worry about with it, is that it becomes like Serious Sam after a while. I've seen videos of it and it's either driving around blowing up other cars, or running around blowing up other people. I know myself pretty well, and I'm guessing that I'll find the first hour or two to be massive fun, and then all of a sudden I'll get bored of it and think, "Is this all it is?!". Gibbing people left and right is fun and learning all the cool weapons, but then once you've done it a million times for 10 hours, and all that's left is another 20 hours of quests that involve going here and gibbing 50 more wastelanders, it's getting to that point that I always find really hard to continue beyond in games.

Although I am jaded when it comes to fps's.

Last edited: 4 Oct 2011
  4. Krikkit

I think I was just scarred by FarCry 2. It looks too similar to that, and is being pimped in a similar way, so I'm cautious.

5. knarF

knarF Noob

I was excited until i read the reviews. It's no where near as open world as you're leas to believe, and the world is no where as big as i expected. It seems to delve into loads of different ideas all packed into one game, but they only play around with the ideas and not take them far enough. This sounds like it had the potential to be an epic, epic game, but id somehow screwed it up and came out just average. Also, there is no graphics options on the PC.

It's now more of an "i'll wait for a sale" game.

6. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm hearing a lot of bad things about the PC version, popping textures, forced mouse acceleration, very shoddy console port. I'm waiting until some PC reviews come out to clarify the situation.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

WHAT. THE. ****.

Id are the last bastion of PC gaming! The very core and originals!

:grr:

No options, no money from me.

Also I read the Ars review and they panned it so I'm waiting to see what Joe says.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

RPS are listing lots of problems with it, i was tempted, i think i'll keep my money now.

9. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

If that's the case I'm not guna buy another POS console port

10. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

They game has some sort of auto-detect setting for graphics so that all users can get 60 fps. However, there really should be options. I also heard that the story and characters are rather cliche.

However, from what i've seen, the gunplay looks pretty solid. The animations are smooth and the AI is quite good.

i"ll consider this several months later.

11. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

12. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    What I am reading says: "STAY AWAY! Console port!".
    Seems id focused too much on the consoles and forgot that current PCs are much more powerful machines.

Also, regarding Graphical Options:
    Glad I didnt pre-order.

13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Oh man, that Ars review makes it sound totally crap, and you know what? I believe them. iD's games have been devoid of any soul or fun for years. They should stick to making and selling engines and let someone with some actual creativity make the games themselves. The kind of gameplay outlined in the above review might have cut it 15 years ago, but really, things have moved on, haven't they noticed?

14. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=955

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/04/rage-review/

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/10/rage-is-the-gamiest-game-that-ever-gamed.ars

http://www.gamepur.com/news/5595-rage-no-advanced-graphics-option-pc-gamers.html

http://www.gamepur.com/news/5600-players-experiencing-bugs-and-glitches-rage-pc-version.html

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9089063

http://twitter.com/#!/ID_AA_Carmack

and 2 bits from another forum:

and

15. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

16. Krikkit

Not sounding good, but Joe's/Bit-Gamer's opinions have become the last word for me tbh.

17. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

whats also interesting is that a number of review sites have had to buy a copy to review....

18. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I have it pre-ordered for Xbox anyway so it doesn't matter so much that they have borked the port. Just wanted something to see me out until Forza next week!

19. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

just read the arstechnica review (currently down coz iphone5 live feed is on lol), and totally disapointed. i'll wait til it shows up in walmart bargain bin.

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Uh oh.

Am I going to be stung like I was for DNF?