1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

some issues i find more glaring the longer i play are the terrible lag (and the fact that i see no ping on scoreboard) and the fact that teammates can "push" your character. Really irritating when you get pushed into a killzone from cover.

also, why the hell is there no way to request health and ammo?

Last edited: 4 Oct 2011
  2. Blue Fiend

Blue Fiend What's a Dremel?

The lag is too much, I end up dying a lot of the times due to it, I also found a stange bug where the guy looked like he was dead (lying on the floor) and killed me, He was also sliding across the floor (he wasnt dead

Last edited: 4 Oct 2011
  3. impar

impar Minimodder

4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

As long as you have something that can fly/move that you can attach C4 on, anyone will do it, not just recon.

BTW I thought C4 sucked in the Alpha, you couldn't throw it very far at all like in BC2. Sometimes C4 was more useful than grenades because you could throw it

5. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Bit of a decisive result really :hehe: This would be better though. I always hated getting lumped with rubbish squads in previous Battlefield games (an all-too-common occurrence), but you could always change easily. The new 'system' sucks.

6. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

You could do that in BF2

7. Ab$olut

Ab$olut What's a Dremel?

I've been out the loop for a while tell me do the planes still rape everything?

This was one of the main reasons I put bf2 down after a few weeks as soon as you have a good enemy pilot around you were getting no where

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

no one knows, since the map with jets only lasted 3 days and was really hard to get on.

but i don't think they will rape, because there's no bombs. at least there wasn't any in Caspian's jet.

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

10. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

This has being present in Battlefield games since 1942, not really a problem tbh

That's a pretty lame excuse to put BF2 away. As long as you had a good squad you could easily take down any ace pilot in the sky.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2011
  11. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

How are you guys actually enjoying the beta? In my experience it has been incredibly inconsistent and frustrating. People said RO2's beta was broken but it doesn't hold a candle to this. I'm on the verge of cancelling my preorder because i don't trust EA to get to the bottom of this by release. It's not supposed to be anywhere near this bad so far into development.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I think the game would be amazing if it actually worked so don't jump at my throat please :<

12. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

This BETA is several months old so I would have imaged most of the bugs in this release have already being fixed.

In terms of enjoying the BETA. No I'm not, Metro is such a gash map that is has no bearing on Battlefield at all. Bring back Caspian Border!

13. Brooksie

Brooksie What's a Dremel?

I read the Beta build is a month out of date. The main reason for the beta is to test the servers.

14. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

15. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it doesn't NEED origin to launch. a small update to BF3 browser plugin will fix this.

17. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Surely the requirement for Origin to be loaded is down to DRM more than anything else, can't see how making it available for purchase on Steam is going to alter that. So unless EA implement some other DRM method then Origin would probably still be needed.

But in other news, it would appear that Dice have taken onboard the comments about squad management and have made changes to bring that ingame and allow you to change squads and make private squads etc. (Source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2826564925962155306/)

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

We've found a pretty consistent server: UK Killer Creation #280 I think and some of the UK Game Servers.com.

We're going to be on a Rackage server come release, so we have to make sure it's running smoothly.

So far, am I enjoying it? I wouldn't be rank 44 if I wasn't enjoying it. I am not grinding, I'm just playing and having an absolute riot at the same time :D

I am growing weary of Metro, no surprise there, but I sampled Caspian Border and I know honestly that this game will rock.

19. Zorndar

Zorndar What's a Dremel?

I´m having a great time, mostly. Sometimes I´m yelling if i´m getting killed trough a solid wall, or from the underground. Yesterday i´ve found the most ridiculous bug ever. Spent two entire clips on one person standing right in front of me, nothing happened. Then he turned to me, 2 shots and i was dead :( .

But its a beta so who cares, nevertheless metro is getting a bit boring and I would like to get to a conquest server but thats not possible. I want to unlock the p90 and the dao and have some fun with them, perhaps i get this done before end of the beta! Currently i´m getting used to the support and recon class. Had some fun with recon yesterday and got a fun run with 6-7 kills in a row.

20. splatdeath

splatdeath What's a Dremel?

Below is off BF forums from DICE

HOW WILL SQUADS WORK IN THE RETAIL VERSION OF BATTLEFIELD 3 ON PC/XBOX 360/PLAYSTATION 3?

Since the Open BETA we’ve added more advanced functionality to manage your squad. You will be able to browse and join specific squads through the squad screen. You can see all players that are in a specific squad as well as who’s playing as lone wolf. As a squad leader you can set your squad to private as well as kick players from the squad.

On console you will also be able to choose if you want the active VoIP channel to be team or squad and invite friends to your squad. You will also be able to mute any player on your team through the scoreboard.