1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. splatdeath

splatdeath What's a Dremel?

there is smoke for the nade launcher, used it in beta.

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Skippy from ZiiP unlocked the AT-Dart for the M320 as as the smoke today. Not that great against Infantry seemingly.

Loving the full-auto USAS-12.

3. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Wow, the UMP becomes even more fun when you stick an IR scope on it!!

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The M320 dart is HILARIOUSLY awesome.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

lol, did that last night, picking people off becomes so easy. it's like VSS except it's more awesome and usable on all classes.

so what does M320 AT round do?

and we miss you on mumble, Elton

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Sigh I know, I've been busy, that and the lag on UK servers is terrible. No not the M320 AT, the Dart rounds, which is essentially a shotgun, minus the loud noise, it's like a POP! and then death.

I need to unlock the AT, but lately most defenders/Attackers can't make it past the first stage. The M320 dart round does insane damage in the CQC subway area since it's the 40MM shotgun pretty much except now with a more satisfying sound.

Most guns are pretty balanced TBH, the UMP is pretty cheap, but anything automatic can do tons of damage in the right hands.

I'm still terribly inconsistent though. Ranging from being utterly amazing (3:1 KDRs + objectives) to utterly crap (.5ish KDR). Although I will admit, the RPG and grenade launchers are alot more...better since they don't have such that annoying close range explosion.

7. impar

impar Minimodder

8. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

9. Matarsak

Matarsak What's a Dremel?

". . .people need to be aware this is beta"

And Dice/EA need to be aware that some of those losses are for features (or lack thereof) that are confirmed for the final version, some of which are so boneheaded one has to wonder what they were smoking.

The lack of in-game server browser, for example: You have to actually exit the game to switch servers. And the fact that one can't change the settings until in-game and, perforce, connected to a server--and strangest of all, one can't bring up menus while dead. You have to wait until you respawn, then stand there while bullets fly, adjusting settings.

Don't get me wrong, much of the actual gameplay looks and feels great, and the visuals are quite good. But from a usability standpoint... it almost seems as if they're trying to actively prevent people from playing the game.

Threatening to ban people who might happen to stray into a modded server from playing a game they've paid for isn't helpful, either.

10. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

That 'tweet' has been stated to be fake by the actual @Battlefield account on Twitter. (http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/status/121371012058193920)

This is like the only issue with not having an in-game browser and it's a minor one at that. It's more than offset by the speed and ease with which Battlelog lets you get in-game and playing, even when starting from a point where you have nothing loaded.

It's already been confirmed you will be able to access the settings menu while dead in the retail release. And I think I may have read somewhere that settings will be able to be altered outside the game but I'm not sure how official that was.

11. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Let's hope they fixed this in final game :D :

outlawaol likes this.
  12. Zorndar

Zorndar What's a Dremel?

Unlocked last week i think, its mostly useless in the metrol but the smoke utilitty I didn´t check yet. If you get the AEK than you have the grenade launcher attached to the gun just like in BFBC2 and not an additional M320.

THE VIDEO is just pure awesomeness.

Last edited: 6 Oct 2011
  13. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

the beta is public. meaning, some people never paid anything to play.

on another note, i had enough deaths trying to play with the M101 shottie... its great and all but everyone in battlelog kept saying the 805 (first shotgun unlock) is way way better... i think i'll work on that next.

still few thousands point to MAV. cant wait to coordinate with a support guy for the MAV+C4 DEATH FROM ABOVE :D

14. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Well downloaded this morning and after four or so rounds I just got my first >1:1 kill. 9k8d. Which is pretty good for me considering how crap at games like this I am :D.

It's fun, but no different to any other I've played. Same old same old.

15. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

This raises a point I made many pages ago (in this thread or the other BF3 thread(s))...

Is the tactical and scoring system in the beta weighted toward the "K/D ratio is king" COD model or is it weighted toward the BC2 "objective is king" model?

16. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Well I scored more points in this one than I have in any other and we didn't even get into the tube, so presumably it's based much higher on the number of kills than objectives.

My first game, we won and I didn't kill one person and I scored nothing, we were attacking and so all points were taken.

17. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I get plenty of points for defib'n teammates and providing health packs.

18. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

It looks like you can run a lot faster, like COD, does anyone dislike this? In my eyes it makes running across open space less of a gamble, and less exciting if you do try!

19. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

my SKS will be waiting for you :)

liking SKS. 21 rounds, fast firing rate, manageable recoil, great run+gun. looks like a worthy replacement for VSS.

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

After the rounds I played on Caspian, it's two very different beasts.

If you're playing Rush, it's like BC2, higher kills with sporadic class skills etc. If you're on conquest, it's definately down to your team working well and moreso your squad. I think the most I saw kill-wise n Caspian was about 25 kills. Compare that to 75+ on Metro. Hell, I got 92 kills last night.

They have stated that they have changed to unlock progression, ranking and points for ribbons a fair bit for the release. For this, I presume that they just wanted people to rank fast to check the different weapons and also any problems with the higher ranks etc. There had been a few issues with the high rank emblems etc until recently.