1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News iPhone 4S announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Oct 2011.

1. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I have an iPhone 4 and I see the 4S as a worthwhile upgrade, I won't though as I still have 10 months left on my contract.

IMO the iPhone 4 was the best phone available and now apple have made it even better.

2. telephonebox

telephonebox What's a Dremel?

Nexus prime > Galaxy S 2 > Iphone 4S > Iphone 4

3. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

My thoughts:

1) The only real improvement I care about is the upgrade to graphics and cpu. It makes me think gaming could be better now. The problem though is that nobody seems to develop good games for mobiles anyway. You get the occasional decent one like The Quest or whatever, but the other 99% are stupid kiddie puzzle games like Doodle Jump and Angry Birds. While millions rush off to download stuff like that, I can't see many developers bothering to put in the time and effort in to making "proper" games. - Even though it is technically capable of playing almost anything.

2) One of the main things I would be interested in seeing upgraded would be the signal. I often don't get a very good signal when I'm indoors which is a bit crap.

3) Siri - nice idea, but hard to get excited about that considering the the current voice thing doesn't work. On my iPhone 4 you hold the button down. I'll be jogging and I'll say, "Play next track" and it says, "Calling Sue" and I have to quickly grab it and cancel the call. So yeah, I can just imagine it now, "Where is the nearest petrol station?............ processing............ "Your five tickets for Jedwood have been confirmed!".

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

So no rfid tech?

5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Pink font :D.

6. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

LOL

7. alf-

alf- Minimodder

if this had a larger screen i would be really tempted, but after using a 4" screen for several months now i don't think i could go back to a 3.5" screen.

but really it still beats the vast majority of phones out there when you consider it as a whole package, instead of dissecting elements such as processor specs.
    the Samsung GS-II may have a faster processor on paper, but will you really notice with actual use, if anything i would say the iPhone will still have a smoother experience, after all we can criticize the iPhone for having a walled garden environment, but such an environment has its advantages when it comes to user experience.

8. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

R.I.P Steve Jobs

9. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Lol plus rep

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

"Such hate... It's a form of belief" --Small Gods, Terry Pratchett

GuilleAcoustic likes this.
  11. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

Jobs passed away this evening ... I suggest to stop all form of apple hate today in his memory. We might like apple or not (I'm in the second category), but lets respect his work.

haha ... I do love Pratchett (+rep)

12. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

13. joolz1

joolz1 What's a Dremel?

been done before but never the less funny

14. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

+1

15. ecviper

ecviper What's a Dremel?

unfortunately those not in the know (as well as clever marketing) will think it is the fastest and greatest phone to be released so far. The media doesn't help much either, bigging it up like there's no tomorrow.

16. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

As opposed to all those companies marketing their products as "The Second Best!" or "Ours is Almost as Good!" or "Why Not Just Settle For Less?" Yeah, I can see it now. Microsoft Windows XP2012: Please buy it even if it's not that good. Introducing the new HTC Warm Fuzzy, it's OK I guess. Drive the all new Jeep Enhancer, the mileage is terrible! Truth in advertising, right?

Or, perhaps you purchased a different phone because your needs are different.

17. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Total misconception this - the iPhone does not obliterate the competition in terms of sales. It sold more, yes, but not LOTS more. In the last twelve months for instance in the UK, it sold circa 20% more than the next best selling phone.

However, that success is down to a tiny portfolio of products: on a brand level, Apple is number down at number four in the list. Samsung, Nokia and Blackberry all sold more, and HTC isn't far behind Apple's sales.

18. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Mate, that 20% equates to millions of phones. You don't consider that to be lots?

19. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Millions? No, it's a few hundred thousand. Apple only sold a couple of million phones in the UK in total. This is just for the UK of course, although across the world where Smrtphones have much less penetration I imagine the figure is much lower.

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Semantics, schematics. Let's just say that the iPhone is quite successful. :p

Tags: Add Tags