1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Parcel 2 go

Discussion in 'General' started by bulldogjeff, 7 Oct 2011.

1. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I need to send a case off. I know a few of you have used them in the past. They seem cheap enough, which makes me slightly weary....

So are they any good would you recommend them...

Any problems that you've had..

Thanks in advance guys..:thumb:

Teelzebub likes this.
  2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

They're fine. All they do is offer a portal to use various couriers, I've used them several times without any trouble. Another site to try is www.parcelmonkey.co.uk, same deal as P2G, used them as well and they're just the same thing.

3. bulldogjeff

I did notice the way they work, so it's just a case of fill out the on line bits and then some one turns up for collect the goodies..Seems simple enough

Thanks Krikkit:thumb:

4. saspro

saspro IT monkey

Parcel Monkey have a much better system for customer services.
    parcel2go generally just ignore emails for loss/damaged claims

5. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Use them all the time cheaper than RM in most cases and they pick it up from your house.

6. bulldogjeff

So over all, both recommended. Thats what I needed to hear. My main concern it that a large box gets picked up from my place and arrives some where else, quickly and in one piece.

7. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I shipped that case to you with parcelmonkey, that got there safe

8. bulldogjeff

Ah, in that case I'll give them a try.

9. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

I have used parcel2go, choose DHL, picked up from my work, delivered fine. Only used once for two parcels.

10. Boardoombob

Boardoombob What's a Dremel?

I've used Parcel2Go a few times, and they're Ok (never had any issues with them, so I can't comment on the customer services).

11. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

I have used them quite a bit just make sure you book with any courier apart from TNT as they are the worst for pick ups. I normally book with yodel (formally DHL) and city link who are very reliable

12. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Whoever you book with, make sure it's not Yodel. Utterly crap. Matticus will agree here, abysmal service.

13. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

Weird that I've never had a problem with Yodel but TNT have been a pain i had to re-book 3 times before they collected

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Been using them for years, absolutely fine IMO.

15. Krikkit

Let's not go down the "Oh, this carrier is crap" route, because every carrier has had bad customer service out there, and it's completely dependant on area too.

I've had poor experiences (although nothing disastrous) with Parcel Force, UPS, City Link, FedEx and Yodel, but it doesn't stop me using them where necessary.

Customer Service is a huge problem with large companies in the UK (and the world), and one where huge money savings are made by not having a large, competent CS department waiting for complaints to roll in. Hence when a parcel goes missing (or one of another million myriad problems with big business) you often find poor customer service under the surface, simply because the system hasn't been invested in.

16. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

I'd personally recommend Interparcel over Parcel2Go. I've had to use each service's customer service departments. Interparcel handled my issue as I'd expect, in a quick and efficient manner, and didn't faff about reimbursing me (sent an FT02 - it arrived with one of the top cover's plastic hook things broken), and they refunded the postage cost too.

Parcel2Go on the other hand. Used HDNL, who picked up the case 2 weeks late, then took nearly 2 weeks to deliver (this was apparently a 2 day service). Contacted Parcel2Go through the only channel open at the time (email), and was completely ignored.

Needless to say, I recommend one and refuse to use the other now...

17. Krikkit

Another good one - Interparcel are the others I've used and pretty good too.

Looking up their info, Parcel2Go.com are only in Bolton, so if you get stuck around the NW go and see them! (Doesn't help you in Maidstone though Marvin)

18. integerspin

integerspin What's a Dremel?

I must have sent hundreds of parcels all over the world with parcel2go, tried others[when the prices are right] but can't see any reason not to stick with parcel2go.
    The online chat works well to solve any issues, if you want to mail or phone them, get their office number. Rather than a number they put up for contact, it's easy enough to find the numbers if you look and your enquiry gets dealt with straight away.

Only couriers I will not use is parcelfarce and intercity, parcelfarce have lost a few parcels and seemed pretty unconcerned about it! When Intercity deliver to me I think I have always had to go and collect the parcerl from their depot.

19. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

From Parcel2go's Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/parcel2go?sk=wall&filter=2

They keep posting different codes, with different discount amounts.

Sam

20. bulldogjeff

Thanks for all the replies lads. I'll have a look at all the options, will be posting on Monday so there's no mad rush. I can have a good old gander through all of the over the week end.