1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Juu

Juu Haters Gonna Hate [✓]

The blue screen flicker is something I've noticed on my 570 , however it happens on my friend's 5870 so its just one of the many game bugs thankfully!

2. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Health regen on vehicles is a bit whack though.

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

You have done well, my friend

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I'm going to miss my LAV-AD until release :(

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I miss my AT4. That thing was fecking awesome.

Perhaps they'll have more though, I want more vehicle destruction tools. AT mines are awesome and hilarious, but I needs more.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

AT4 and Javelin are in the list of weapons, 50+ pages ago in this thread. the RPG/SMAW are just not good enough. they are only good enough for taking out snipers on the towers. :lol:

i feel i could fly great in the jets. i can stick to the back of enemy jet like glue, and shake enemy no problem. only problem i have is getting kills. out of a full burst of the cannon, only a few shots register. that means i need ~3 bursts to get vehicle disabled, and by the time it's about to blow up, they'll have already bailed.

once i get fire and forget missiles........ once i get the missiles...... it's stupid how flares and missiles require unlock.

7. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Think I've destroyed more tanks with c4 in this beta than I ever did in BC2 or BF2, :D.

So fun sneaking up on a tank, and then CABOOM!!!! :D :D

8. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

That is because beta is full of idiot car stealers - aka "Look, there is a tank/AA car/buggy, i am so gone drive this - alone in the car". Then you see 4 guys leaving the spawn in cars (+2 in the heli and 1 in jet) and the remaining 25 players walking through the plains because those 4 idiots took all the cars and went away alone. Same as in BC2 where the idiot snipers took the quads to drive to the hill 50m away, so they can snipe ASAP again. :wallbash:.

It is easy to destroy a tank when there is no gunner in the tank - and why is that ? See above :).

9. Zorndar

Zorndar What's a Dremel?

I found it quite intresting that you need much more rockets for one tank then before. In BC2 two were enough now you must use at least 3-4. Therefore the AT mines are much more intresting, they destroy at least a buggy with one and heavy tanks with 2.

Also you can "disable" a tank and then destroy it with an additional shot BUT they can also repair the tank in the mean time :D . Much more tactical play imho, as a sniper can shoot them while repairing, or they stay inside the tank under the rsik to get blown up.

Just quoting myself from another thread:

Has somebody tips for flying the jets / heli? I found it rather difficult to fly the jet, haven´t tried the heli yet (no oportunity) I don´t even know if you´re supposed to use the mouse as well. Did you guys changed the key binding in any way to simplify it?

Last edited: 10 Oct 2011
  10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I had a few hours play this weekend, overall I think the game is gonna soak up a lot of my free time but I do have a couple of issues and I wonder if anyone else came across them.

1) I couldn't reverse in the tank despite setting brake/reverse to to down arrow, although I don't remember having problems reversing in the jeeps.

2) Could not fly the Jets/Choppers due to mouse inverting making no difference no matter which option I chose in the gameplay options.

I'm hoping the final release will be less buggy, I managed a few rounds with some good points and positive KD ratios!

11. srgtherasta

srgtherasta Minimodder

Is the beta finished today? tried to get a wee game there and can't even open the page.

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, its finished now! I had that problem at first, but clicked it a few times and it worked!

13. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

I killed 3 support guys trying to take out one of our tanks they where like fly`s round poo :)

14. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

It's going to seem like a long, long wait until the 28th.

15. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Yep im so fed up right now will have to start talking to the family again .

16. srgtherasta

srgtherasta Minimodder

bugger:waah:

17. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Nothing more satisfying than arriving over the crest of a few bolders and catching somebody wriggling along the ground toward a flag as u watch them through ur iron sights. It's like playing with ur food. I was against bringing prone back and at first death by shrubbery infuriated me... But using shadows of bushes or running along the edge of rock faces offers so much more camouflage than it did before that hunting grass snakes has become a favourite pastime of mine. I only hope that all maps are as excellent as CB!

18. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

darn it. now im finished with thanksgiving weekend, the beta is over :(

but i got a few good rounds on friday so thats awesome. too bad they closed the forum as well coz id love to read a few more things in there. ive posted some feedback on friday and dev promised a LARGE FAQ with many questions answered "soon" but now i dont know where to check. except bf3blog i suppose...

input from CB:
    - vehicle regen is stupid. either (a) get rid of it but make heavy vehicles armor MUCH more sturdier, or (b) make it regen alot less slower.
    i was on a massacre with the tanks since if i got 2 hits from AT, i just back away until im out in the open so i can see who's shooting at me, then wait for 15 sec, and poof! 100% health. stupid. on the other flip side, a T-90 can get hit with 2 AT rounds and it'll be crippled and slowly decays.... unless ur an engineer, u got hit twice and ur pretty much done with it.
    - jet control with mouse sucks real bad. its just bad. no way i can get a good hit with that thing.
    - large map are awesomesauce. i disagree with wyx about foliage coz the fact u can hide in a good place and kill people, makes people alot more cautious. yknow, like real battlefield. dont just jump around or sprint straight in the open. its great. if u hate the foliage, just blow it with some nades.
    i think people just need to get used to the fact its not CoD. i was racking up kills just by picking a good defensive spot, get comfy, and pick on all the noobs trying to run up to hilltop or cross the highway in the open. man i love Forest flag tho, its so dense its scary lol. 1 round they ran a tank in the Forest and the whole place is LEVELED. no more trees. the blow up everything. its like a different place altogether. its brilliant.
    - destruction is good as mentioned. if ur infantry u cant do anything to building. if ur a tank, its a different story. i leveled Gas Stations until everything's rubbles. u can nade a trees so in a big firefight, u get trees and equipment flying and falling. its awesome.
    - u need the right kit for the right map. or rather, the right place. CB loves Engineer with all the vehicles and destroyable environment. Metro loves Recon, but snipers can really shine in CB. Assault is an all rounder, but Support will get destroyed in large open map if they're not careful. In small chokepoints like Metro, they'll shine.

overall i'm looking forward to squad ingame VOIP and management, but hopefully they'll tweak flight controls as well. heli are hard as hell to control and i was quite monstrous in BF2 in a heli and a good copilot.

cant wait to try out other maps! this game rocks.

ps: my 8800GTS cope pretty well in CB! yay! similar FPS or sometimes better. no upgrades required until xmas.

19. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Totally this. +1

It's so great when there are a few to be seen and you're playing support.
    Suppressor, check. ACOG, check. Prone, bipod down and enjoy the streak...

TSB

20. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!