1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Samsung LED PX2370

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Roskoken, 10 Oct 2011.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Are you serious? You know that you can set the ratio to 16:10 in games..... What about 16:10 sucks for media?

2. Steve.E.

Steve.E. What's a Dremel?

There is no reason to do that.

[​IMG]

3. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

The only game ive got that loses FOV is battlefield. All the others either get squashed or stretched (image is the same).

4. Steve.E.

A deformed picture is definitely something you would like to avoid. It is even worse than letterbox.

[​IMG]

5. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

so these days there is no advantage to having a 1920x1200 over 1920x1080 in games as they are now made to suit widescreen 16/9 screens.

6. Steve.E.

In the games that support 16:10 you will have a more detailed picture in 1920x1200 than 1920x1080. (but you lose Field of view)

There are also games where you can hack the FOV, increasing it but that is considered as cheat if you play online and compare your results with others.

7. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Why is there a reduced FOV?

Also you haven't answered my question about why 16:10 sucks for media.

8. Steve.E.

Because the games are programmed like that.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_of_view_in_video_games

And they are programmed like that because 16:9 is the standard for most media.

Because most media content are made for 16:9

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Yet again Steve you're bringing out the same tired opinions. So far you've made 27 posts solely on the subject of supporting 16:9 over 16:10, are you planning to join in a more sociable and constructive fashion?

"Most" media might be 16:9, but it works perfectly well on 16:10. I've never felt short changed watching a DVD/Blu-Ray on a 16:10 screen and having a little extra letterboxing. What do you do with media that is recorded in 1.85:1 or 2.39:1 rather than 16:9?

Most games which don't support direct 16:10 (rarities) can be adjusted in FoV to sort the troubles out (and even those that do just mess the original aspect ratio can often be fiddled with if it really matters). Those that can't... Well it's not the biggest loss in the world.

For a day-to-day use computer 16:10 gives a significant advantage when browsing the web and doing anything full screen, the extra vertical resolution is a boon.

Also, showing a stretched image of a PS3 on a 16:10 monitor isn't exactly fair - how about we break out a PC on an LCD-TV with the image set to 4:3 and play hate on the aspect then?

10. czm

czm What's a Dremel?

Quick...buy an IPS or you wont be welcome on these boards:waah:

11. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

It's all personal preference really. I love my monitor compared to my brothers 16/9 dell. Although I would love a new monitor, I can't afford one and would have to compare in store before any purchase is made.

12. shah

shah Minimodder

Haha... :thumb: but I don't think they really care what monitor you buy. It is only a discussion and sharing of knowledge...

Nicely put Krikkit :D

13. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Quite the opposite! Just don't try and force others who like them to buy 16:9 TN's. :)

14. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

I have some CGA screen for sale. Very nice and reactive. Total bargain at £10K + shipping

15. czm

czm What's a Dremel?

Sounds a good deal .How are those viewing angle thou? I really want good viewing angles for when I am gaming:lol:

16. GuilleAcoustic

It connects directly to your neural system via wireless HT electroshock, painless and fast, no headache :hehe:

17. czm

czm What's a Dremel?

Nice...I'll have 3 and go eyefinity!!!!

18. GuilleAcoustic

only three ... I give you 9 free for 3 bought. Multi monitor heaven, 180° viewing !

[​IMG]

19. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Also what Steve.E doesn't see... is that NOTHING that blocks you from playing your games at 16:9 on a 16:10 monitor. You can always lower resolution, and black lines will show... but you can't increase it on an LCD. If it bother you THAT much on a game that doesn't support it, you have 0 problem, as you set the game resolution 1920x1080... no stretch.

Also, gaining few pixels to the left and right, doesn't provide you any advantage in games. If it is, then I can simply create a custom resolution from the driver control panel.. like: 100x1080, and I have see practically 180 degree. I have no height... but who cares. Why are you not doing this Steve? Oh right, but it's stupid and provides 0 advantage.

When you'll show me a game, where with 16:10 I have to move left and right non-stop because of enemies on 16:10, and on 16:9 you don't... THEN we will talk.

Last edited: 11 Oct 2011
  20. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Someone ban this trolling sack of **** for God's sake!

This is the second monitor thread he's trashed with this bollox.

Your problem is you keep believing what that graphic shows you that you keep posting. It's incorrect. If you play a game that supports 16:10 on a 1920x1200 screen you lose NO horizontal field of view. It's identical. You GAIN vertical field of view. Like this...

[​IMG]

Countless people on this website have been telling you this in BOTH threads you seemed to have joined up just to contribute in... why are you so adamant that you are right and everyone else wrong? It stands to reason. If BOTH screens have a horizontal resolution of 1920 pixels, and you're running both at native resolution, then the horizontal field of view is clearly identical on both. The only difference between the two screens is the 16:10 has a greater vertical res, hence greater vertical field of view.

This is primary school stuff here... are you retarded?

Last edited: 11 Oct 2011
    Pliqu3011 likes this.