1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Saturday Night Special.. OMG I'm in the MOTY woooohoooo

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by bulldogjeff, 15 Apr 2011.

?

Half hight panel or full hight panel?

Poll closed 8 Jun 2011.
  1. Half height

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. Full height

20 vote(s)
    87.0%
  1. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

You'll have to talk to its owner about that mate...lol......But project "X" I think thats what I'm going to call it, will be following soon after....

2. bulldogjeff

The last post...lol

So today with the arrival of Bulldozer this project has finally come to an end.

It was built with Bulldozer in mind and after reading the first few tests, I've come to the conclusion that it offers so little over my 1100T that I won't be upgrading..

Am I disappointed, well yeah slightly, but it draws this build to an end so it's on with the next one which I've had in the planning stage for a while...

Keep your eyes peeled for Project X, I think thats what I'll call it, but that could change....lol

See you all very soon. I may even start it tomorrow:dremel:

Thanks for looking.:thumb:

3. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

Hey ho mate never mind .. Ace Build has been made ... regardless of the Bulldozer disappointment

4. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

great mod and it is a shame about the Bulldozer think I think this will cause a lot of people to switch over to intel for good now

5. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

What a pity and I know you hold AMD in high regard. Looking forward to the next one but hold off to the LIT show as you might pick up on some ideas there.

6. bulldogjeff

Thanks dave, Oh well sh*t happens as they say. In truth the set up I've got is plenty, i just want more, thats all...lol

Thanks dude. yeah I agree, my next full on build will almost definitely be an Intel one .

Thanks Mark, but one thing I don't need is more ideas...lol got them coming out of my ears, that why I can't stop modding..Ok maybe a few more ideas for future builds won't do any harm..

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

At least you don't need to mess with the build anymore :thumb:.

I'll try to keep an eye out for Project X :rock::thumb:.

8. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

I just read the FX- 8150 review on hare. And no, it offers no benefits over my 1055t. So I'll stay where I am :thumb:

9. bulldogjeff

I've actually got 3 cases to play with at the moment, so I'm a bit spoilt for choice and I still want to do a scratch build...Oh dear decisions..lol

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Good to be spoilt for choice :) I'm still searching my mind for something cool which will build it's self into a solid vision :D.

11. bulldogjeff

You've got Stealthlow to rest your laurels on so to speak, it's a magnificent piece of work so taking your time trying to find some thing to better it is going to be a mission and a half. Me on the other hand, i just keep crashing though case builds. One option I do have with all the cases I own is to strip one down and use the chassis but totally fabricate the exterior panels for it, sort of semi scratch build. Thinking about it, I've just done that...lol Only the floor remained in tact everything else was either modded or made from scratch. But you know where I'm coming from. this time it'll be loads of fabrication and a completely new exterior.

One of the cases (project X) is going to be a real challenge to do what i want to do with it and will have to have so many one off bits made, this alone would make it an interesting if slow build.

Edit: Maybe I should take some pics of the cases, chuck them on here with a few ideas and see what people think. A bit like you ended with air cube when the ideas for Stealthlow started appearing.

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Sounds good mate if your having a brain strain deciding :) just try not to show too much so it remains a surprise :thumb:, I left very little to the imagination when I did that so was a bit lacking in surprises :lol: I want my next to be a complete surprise unless I get the same indecisiveness as back then :D;).

13. bulldogjeff

Lol you're the same as me, do a bit and then it's case ok BAM!! there it is people..lol

I've notice quite a few people do it on the little peek principle and try to hold off showing to much until the eye candy shots are done at the end.

14. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Or you could post the before pics and the rest of us could play "Guess the intended domestic appliance" maybe? ;)

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

But then again it turned out successful & even nicer than the concept but probably because my sketchup skills are lacking so I dunno Jeff maybe it isn't a bad idea to show a rough idea of whats to come, might even do the same again when I have a new design ready :).

16. bulldogjeff

lol, that could actually turn out to be quite a good idea, specially with the dark nights rolling in.
    Thats another 2 way thing, I can't use sketch up, you can just about manage it...lol, but like you say the final build was way better. The other side to that is that we see some amazing renders on here and then the end product isn't the greatest.
    I think if you can do what you done with sketch up to get some ideas and some measurements thats enough really.

17. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Is that the best suggestion you can come up with for filling the long, dark, winter nights, play guess the appliance? ;) :naughty:

18. bulldogjeff

I do have some better ideas for the long dark nights but that involves 2 ladies and some vegetables...I'll leave the rest to your imagination:worried::worried:

19. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

So much for the final post on 12/10/11...

:D

20. bulldogjeff

lol yeah, it'll probably run on for about a week now...lol