1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 New GT5 thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by shigllgetcha, 25 Jun 2010.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

*Fires up GT5 to do the ridiculously well funded seasonal and finds 1.1GB update needed*

[​IMG]

2. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Don't worry, only just booted up my PS3 yesterday after it being offline for a month. Now I need to update it again.

3. Krikkit

I only updated mine on saturday and had to sit through the updates then, at least yours is all in one block. :p

4. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

those updates sound like docodines avatar xD

5. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Oh so awesome?

You have strange ideas of awesome!

6. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

Serous Dislike for updates

7. McDuff32

McDuff32 Minimodder

Yeah I was hoping to test the new patch tonight, didn't realise it was going to take so long!

8. Krikkit

Doesn't seem to be particularly different - not 1.1GB different anyway.

The menus have been slightly rearranged and when you enter a race it loads the race menu and track etc first, then loads the vehicles while you're faffing about. All that means though is that you end up waiting for the cars after jabbing the "Start Race" button.

The silhouette mode for being inside cars is immensely suck. It's literally a black cutout around the windows of the car on screen, so in a lot of cars (racers especially) you'll just be looking at a tiny fraction of a mostly-black screen. Good for convertibles though.

No noticeable reduction in loadtimes, no fix for a bug which plagues mine (it always says "Your time and date are not set correctly", which is BS), no major new features. Whoop!

9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The 1.1GB I've noticed that the new XP thing is nice. That new extra car is interesting. And I have a creeping suspicion all that data was for the DLCs. On the other hand, the black cutout for some reason is okay by me if only because the view is a bit elevated. now if they had a proper hood view....

10. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I'd been getting that time is wrong message. I was sure it wasn't, turned out it was out by about 30 minutes, :D. Set it to update through the net and I've not seen it again.

11. Krikkit

Mine's set to update from the net, and it's currently correct. It won't go away. :(

12. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

Mine is the same. I did something before to update the time and it fixed it for a while but it came back

13. Gabkicks

Gabkicks What's a Dremel?

14. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Well, I took the plunge and bought the DLC today - no discount for PSN Plus subscribers which was slightly disappointing though. £9 quid or so for the cars, tracks, clothes, helmets and paints (does anyone actuially use the paint or horns in GT5? They seem a bit redundant to me).

I wish that they would change the way you collect your gift cars - you have to go through each of the 15 tickets, watch the silly reveal and then answer two questions each time. Took me so long to 'collect' all the cars that I ran out of time to actually test any of them!

Anyway, I will swap my wheel-stand from Forza4 mode into GT5 mode tonight and give the new cars and tracks a go.

15. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

update coming 20th december

Users can now change wheels on Standard cars

The settings sheets will include a new ‘copy’ feature

In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application

Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)

Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time

In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list

In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ‘Max. number of participants’ setting
    In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event

Improved racing sound effects

Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked.

very happy with standard cars:clap: deliver all is good too. havent played in ages though

16. SilveR_172

SilveR_172 Minimodder

I got GT5 if anyone wants to add me , SilveR_172