1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Which way are you playing DXHR and which Augs did you use?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 26 Aug 2011.

1. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::thumb:

2. EdwardTeach

EdwardTeach What's a Dremel?

I am on my first playthrough and Jensen's horrific experience in the prologue have turned him into a paranoid phsyco cop killer. In the first mission I felt the swat team at the factory were treading on my toes, so I killed them all! With clever use of boxes I was able to do it without being detected with the exception of three of the guys in the room next to the heli pad at the end - grenade accident.

In detroit I have slyly knocked out all the cops on the street and piled them up in back alleys, I look forward to seeing where this play style takes me in the rest of the game.

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

damnit.. I wasn't even shocked to see this- and I read some things about the fixed chip even though I already got it.. have to avoid the gaming and article forums on dues ex till finished

*spoiler image*

[​IMG]

4. thehippoz

5. Sharpiemwt

Sharpiemwt What's a Dremel?

After thirty hours of playthrough i finally finished DEHR, i tried to be completely stealthy but there was one particular part that called for lethal force. (You know the part fly-boy) Mainly specced for hacking and more battery power but it evened out late game after getting so much praxis from unlocking doors. Now to go for the GMDE version and try to not get seen at all. ;)

6. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Surely this is the easiest way to do the third boss

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

this could very well be the first ever DLC i buy

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Wow and I thought my way was easy. All the bosses were easy really, only the first boss gave me pause.

But anyways to kill this guy I unloaded a full mag of assault rifles rounds into his face, and he took it like I knew he would. So then I hit him with 2 grenade launcher rounds and he fell on his face. I didn't even have to move.

Even the boss people struggled with, that tart with the two guns, was easy. Unload a few shotguns rounds to the head/upper torso and when she got in close..Typhoon. As she runs away shoot her until she goes invisible. Then grab cover, regen health, then pop out until either you see her or she sees you and repeat. Quite frankly for a futting amazing game the bosses were an insult.

9. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

I actually found the second boss the easiest . Started fight ran for cover but had then lost sight of her, so threw two remote mines on floor. She reappered started running towards me so i detonated m the mine which stunned her. Unloaded heavy rifle into face then threw frag grenade at her feet, rinse and repeat but with concussion grenades.

10. Sharpiemwt

Sharpiemwt What's a Dremel?

First boss was the easiest for me, i just lured him to a corner, cloaked out and watched him throw a grenade at the explosive barrels next to him.
    Second was probably the hardest as i didnt have much ammo, you can shoot out all four generators but be prepared to eat your healthpacks up.
    As for third, wow Showerhead, they couldnt have made it easier lol! I just used the nade launcher. four shells and that was it. ;)

Last edited: 9 Sep 2011
  11. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Phew, made it to Montreal last night.
    It was quite tense sneaking through the hangar in Hengsha with no rockets, no EMP grenades - I was pretty much out of anything that could have been useful in that situation.

12. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I had a really mixed approach, I would normal use stealth. But then pop out and send a shower of lead across the map at all the baddies. Silent sniper rifle and the dart gun are a lot of fun.

13. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I had the grenade launcher and a bunch of ammo for him. :D

14. thehippoz

actually second boss was the easiest.. I beat her first time- all did was start running right from the get go with xray vison on

she disappeared for while then saw her walking behind one of the walls.. just ran over with stun gun.. stun typhoon, stun typhoon.. that was it :lol:

15. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

There's a rocket launcher + Rockets near some crates on the far side of the hangar. :)

16. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

HELL YEAH... Just got Legend & Pacifist in one and same run :D. Unfortunately didn't get the "Foxiest of the hounds", even if i can't remember tripping an alarm. Oh well, enough for now.

17. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

18. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Did anyone who played stealth manage to keep it up in the final level?

The temptation for me was far too great to just go in all guns blazing. My mild mannered stealth Jenson went all Left4Dead by the time the final level was over.

19. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Played it, got to second boss, got bored because I didn't have a particular upgrade that meant it didn't take 100+ tries and quicksaves to beat her, uninstalled it. Wish I'd never bought it.

20. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Yep, damn hard to keep a lid on it, but I did manage to pull it off. After the last level though I started the game again and went all die hard on the first level just to vent :p