1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Triple Screen gaming or Dell U2711 and 2560 x 1440 cheescake?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thetrashcanman, 18 Oct 2011.

?

Which monitor setup?

1. 2 x LG IPS

12.0%
  2. Dell U2711

40.0%
  3. Dell U3011

52.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

Second card runs in the mid to high 70's, and the 3rd card will tend to be about 5 or 6 degree's hotter than that, luckily the TJ11 is very good at getting a decent amount of fresh air to all the card's, also I do have to ramp the fans up a bit manually as well, just to keep them at that sort of temperature, but I think I should really get them underwater and see what they'll do :D

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I thought that was your plan from the off... :p

3. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Those are some nice temps dude :). Are your cards using ref coolers?

4. thetrashcanman

Ah it was indeed, many many months ago, but unfortunately I've had very little time to do something like putting an entire water cooling system in, and annoyingly I have pretty much all the parts as well,

Hopefully I'll get time soon, but I want to wait and see what that Mayhems Pearlescent dye is like, if its good I may get some, along with a few other little bits.

and yassarikhan, yes they are indeedy, there evga gtx 580's :) also my room is pretty cold, as I have all the windows open most of the time, so that helps :)

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Ditto, I saw that and it'll add even more prettiness to my pretty build. My PC already grabs the attention of anyone who comes round :p Any idea if they're a solid colour or if stuff will glow through them?

6. thetrashcanman

I'm not surprised it grabs peoples attention, it is a very lovely tidy build, would you do that when you next to do maintenance on your loop? and I'm not sure but I hope stuff will glow through them, as it would look pretty epic.

7. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Cool. Thanks mate. My 580 reaches 70 c max, but the room I have my computer in is separate to my bedroom and I can't open the one window it has so it reaches 27 - 30 C when I'm gaming, lol.

8. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I think I'm waiting for a new GPU to grab my attention so I can upgrade that at the same time :)

9. thetrashcanman

Ah that sucks, is that with fans on auto? 70 max is still pretty good, what's the 650D like for temps in general?

Ah har, GTX 680? ;D or 7970?

10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Depend on price vs performance and outputs, as I have 2 screens and a TV to connect :) And what has water blocks too :p

11. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Water cool them, and your temps will be under 50C across all 3 cards:D

I would go for 2 more LG screens for some triple monitor gaming. I've been their with having a 3008wfp and although its good, I wanted more! So I went triple screen, which now is awesome!!
    Your 3 GTX 580's will max out any game at 6030x1080, with maximum AA!!!

Always a bonus when you have your friends around, and they see you running Crysis 2 maxed out across all three screens. Especially if they are console gamers, as they become lost for words!!

Cheers,

Simon.

12. thetrashcanman

Ok so what do people think to me getting one of these as an idea? http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2011/05/20/samsung-md230x3-review/2

To me bit tech made a pretty damning review of it, but I looked them up on youtube and linustechtips had an unboxing/demonstration and they seemed pretty good. Obviously there more expensive than say 3 LG monitors that Simon has, and including buying a stand, but I do really like the fact that you get a very very small bezel, something that I believe is difficult to come by otherwise. So yeah, Ya or Nay?

And cheers for the advice Simon, At the moment its just having the time to do the watercooling thats the problem, although I would love to do it, although I'm not so sure whether its worth it, what with X79 so close at hand, also cheers for the input on the monitors :)

13. |V| 4 L k i 3 R

|V| 4 L k i 3 R Minimodder

See my sig for details, but I run a 30" center and 2 27" side monitors for triple widescreen. If you can't get 3x30", get the 3x27" and have a blast.

I've got more cooling power on the way as I had cranked up crysis all the way across all 3 screens and the gpus gave up after about an hour. With your setup, it will look spectacular, I promise! :jawdrop: