1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Post your speedtest.net scores!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [PUNK] crompers, 26 Aug 2009.

1. windy

windy What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

20Mb Sky unlimited. Costs about £18 including phone, line rental and free eve and weekend calls. Ping is a bit slow but otherwise pretty good for the price I reckon.

2. khemist

khemist What's a Dremel?

100MB Virgin, have to run the test from the Paris server although i'm in Scotland to get the full speed.

[​IMG]

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Really? Thats odd, as i got my speeds from most of the UK servers...

4. Deders

Deders Modder

I get faster speeds from the London exchange, even though I'm in Manchester.

5. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

[​IMG]

New broadband now...50Mbps Virgin...cost me £30 to activate and an extra £4 a month. Not much improvement on the upload speed though I'm ifraid but the download speed is pretty awesome!!

6. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

Think its about time I changed from TalkTalk. Problem is there is no cable under my house, so I have to wait till BT infinity comes to my area, which will be 2013 I think:

[​IMG]

7. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

pretty good considering its basically free lol. like £5 a month i think. my dad got this weird deal as he is a long time customer of orange.

its actually supposed to be 8mb. but il accept 14 too

8. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

[​IMG]
    Not bad for a 30Mb line at 22:30 - it's still what I would consider to be peak time.

Between this, the top TV package, phone line rental and free evening & weekend calls, I'm paying just £42, which I think is pretty damn fine.

9. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

sp4nky that's extremely good - what on earth did you do to get that?! We were paying about £40 for 10Mb, basic TV, line rental and free evening & weekend calls... until I noticed the bill and immediately got on the phone to them and threatened to leave them in the lurch. They added 20Mb to our existing package and took the price down to £31... and so they bloody well should have, after how they ripped us off!!

10. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

11. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Love how peops moan about paying £40 for tv, line rental and broad band at 20mb plus.

I'm paying forty a month for 6meg if I'm lucky with no TV.

12. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Our complaint was valid - Virgin told us our package would cost £27 per month, and it never did... the money-grabbing sods took £38 every month plus peak call charges.

What excuse for an ISP are you with? That's daylight robbery...

13. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I live in a very rural area so I am very limited as to what service I can go with.

When I signed up to TalkTalk over six years ago they promised they would have their equipment in my exchange within the year thus bypassing the £10 surchage but alas six years later no go.

In some respects I should think myself lucky as even though we are on some really antiquated equipment here I actually get a 15 ping which is awesome. (BT engineers refuse to go up our poles and need cherry pickers to fix probs).

Think I'll get onto TalkTalk tomoz and have a good old moan and see if something can be done.

LennyRhys likes this.
  14. JTG06

JTG06 What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Milton Keynes. A modern city with utterly appalling broadband.

BT Infinity is unlikely to be released for at least another year (it's in trial at the mo) and no Virgin Media here either. Just great. :wallbash:

15. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I ain't moaning :naughty:
    Actually I was paying a bit more and didn't have free evening/weekend calls. One of their customer service people called out of the blue to offer me this package.

16. derpooch

derpooch What's a Dremel?

Virgin told me my package was £28 a month, but charged me £37- to their credit though, a 5 minute phone call gave me a refund and they changed the amount straight away! From the various ISPs I have used, Virgin have definitely been the best :)

17. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

[​IMG]

After lots of buggering about, the connection where I work has finally kicked its own arse, at last. It had dropped to 0.02Mb/s.

18. TheKrumpet

TheKrumpet Once more, into the breach!

[​IMG]

Apparently my university internet doesn't rock nearly as much as everyone else's. Ahh well, far better than what I get at home.

Hull is an internet wasteland, I swear. That being said, the University is on JANET, so not sure why that's only ~24Mbit/s.

19. ResCyn

ResCyn What's a Dremel?

I'm on Virgin 10mb at home and get a solid 9.8 / 1.1

I wish I had work's upload:

[​IMG]

20. Destructive

Destructive What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

A slight step up from my old scores (1.8/0.2). Love my infinity :D