1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Idiotic things customers/people have said to you

Discussion in 'General' started by noizdaemon666, 13 Sep 2011.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

I can actually understand that.
    If you've been fouled once by "a better bargain" well... ;)

From her side:
    If you find a deal you like and people (sound like they) try to talk you into another...

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Come work with me, that'll make...oh....3 of us that know what we're talking about in the shop :hehe: Some days though......murder does cross one's mind.....:D

Hey, I'm a salesman, and I know what I'm talking about....ish......sometimes lol

3. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

I'm guessing you work in a massive IT store which hires anyone who has ever touched a PC?

4. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

You're forgetting that most PCWorld salesmen (and Best Buy in the US) aren't selling computer equipment, they're really selling insurance which happens to come with some computer bits :D

5. noizdaemon666

lol actually I don't. I work in a small family run business. There's me and Ryan498, then there's 5 others who are the family. Me and Ryan498 know what we're on about, not sure about everyone else lol

Last edited: 24 Oct 2011
  6. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

I think my latest Facebook rant sums up the incompitance of most people i have to assist in their IT needs on a daily basis.

"Oh so you have known about open evening for 6 months. Oh so you havent prepared your IT requirements. Oh so your going to wait untill 5 minuties before the parents arive before you let me know what you need. Oh your going to let kids access the computers using your login with full access to confidentail and financial data. Oh whats that your on quadruple my wage and dont know how to use Powerpoint. Well im going down the pub with my friends now...why. **** YOU thats why."

I was having a bad day as you can tell..

7. andreinuk

andreinuk Minimodder

I can certainly relate to that. I have worked in property mangement for while and I'm the one who is left to sort things out.

I recently worked in a similar role in a University, working for the students union. I would have random staff members coming into my office to tell me that this or that wasn't working and they had been sent down to me.

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I met a reader at LITS yesterday who said he liked Bit-tech's games content.

Pfft...what an idiot!

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

LOL. He's a fool Joe! :p

On Saturday I was asked how to "ex down a program" in XP. :sigh:

10. noizdaemon666

:wallbash: Does the big red button with the 'x' on it not give it away? :hehe:

11. Unicorn

No, not really. It was a CAD program where the software won't allow you to close it down until you close the sketch you're working on within the program. I just thought his phrasing was idiotic. My mother and father are well over twice my age plus change, and they know that closing a program is called... Closing a program :rolleyes:

12. noizdaemon666

Ohhhh, my bad, I misinterpreted. I don't actually think anyone in universe ever has said 'I'm going to ex down a program' lol You never know though, it might catch on :hehe:

13. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

Nah mate, olds are lame, westside we are strictly on da 'ex down' flex, get me? Gimme your blackberry bruv or I'll merc you.

14. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

There's someone in work who will "Ex-out" of a program.

15. noizdaemon666

:O It's catching lol Someone just asked me if they could use a 3G dongle to get their PS3 online.

16. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

I have a friend who believed those websites which say "You have 48 viruses. Download this software to combat them." He downloaded the software, then asked me whether £60 was a good price to pay to get rid of the viruses. Silly boy.

17. Xir

Xir Modder

I hate it when that happends.
    three words, Ctrl-Alt-Del
    Kill it in the task manager...with fire:D

Bwah...statgraphics is a candidate for this.

Then again, I've managed to "X-out" of AutoCAD after not-saving for a few hours... :D

18. Unicorn

It was SolidEdge ST4, the joke of the Computer Aided Design industry (in my opinion). The sketch has to be closed in order to start a new sketch or even save the current part, which makes sense if you know about it but if you're new to it, can be really frustrating :rolleyes:

I know SolidEdge pretty well, we had to learn it for my first degree course but what my lecturer didn't know at the time was that I was halfway through fully learning AutoCAD and starting to learn SolidWorks. I only learned enough of ST4 to get me through my degree modules because I hate the Siemens software compared to SolidWorks. SW is a much more complete package, and at least 100 times more useful to know for going into an Engineering industry job.

Last edited: 27 Oct 2011
  19. Sn:99.3% Cu:0.7%

Sn:99.3% Cu:0.7% What's a Dremel?

About a week ago, i had this crazy lady on the phone and somehow she managed to get me to say goodbye to her cat. that really was a new low point in my life.

20. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Happened to me about a week ago...

I was helping one of my friends sign up for <censored>.
    Unfortuantely, he uses the same password for everything.
    The password required a capital letter and a number (for security reasons)
    He said:
    "What?!? I'm not going to remember a CAPITAL NUMBER!" (emphasis added)