1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Best Internet Security

Discussion in 'Software' started by blizzard29, 25 Oct 2011.

1. blizzard29

blizzard29 What's a Dremel?

Hello there

I would like to find out from everyone what Internet Security you think is the best, I am due to Renew my Kaspersky Pure and would like to know what other Internet Security's are out there that are worth the money...

Cheers

:read:

2. dave_c

dave_c Minimodder

iv always used AVG its always done good for me, but it seems to be getting very system hungry recently so would like to know the answer to this myself

but presantly i use AVG :)

3. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Oddly Microsoft security essentials, its free and well rated

4. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

+1

5. Toka

Toka Minimodder

HijackThis, CCleaner, Spywareblaster(Free version), Avira(Free Version) and a free firewall that you think doesnt suck / isn't fantastically annoying.

6. blizzard29

I have always used Kaspersky Internet Security and always paid, because i have always felt a free version of something is not going to protect me enough..
    the last year i have had Kaspersky Pure and for the Ultimate Protection it gives you i have been very happy with it.. I also use CCleaner and MSE and haven't had any problems with these either... If any of you chose to pay for Internet Security what would it be?

cheers

7. SolidShot

SolidShot Minimodder

i have kaspersky pure and as far as i can tell, its awesome despite the odd dodgy pro...er site.. :)

8. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

9. gerardmcmanus

gerardmcmanus What's a Dremel?

I've been using avast, seems pretty good, not really any annoying popups etc.

10. blizzard29

Cheers for the info people gives me a more view on other internet security programs available

11. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

1+ to Microsoft security essentials

12. minimad127

minimad127 CPC Refugee

this gets asked so much its scary. anyways

paid for is generally Kaspersky or Nod32 both get consistantly high scores on independant tests (bit deffender also does very well but can be a bit more system unfriendly)

Free Avast or Avira - once again both do very well in independant tests scoring as high or higher than most paid for solutions

unfortunatly i would not recommend AVG or MSE at this point in time as the most recent tests have shown them to have dropped quite heavily on the detection tests - MSE only got 92% on the last test run on AV Comparatives which is one of the lowest results i have seen on there, not only that but the scan speed is very slow (~7mb/s on MSE compared to ~16mb/s on Avast) which of course means doing a scan takes an ice age

13. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

The best free antivirus software would be Microsoft SE, it is used on all of the machines at work. Best paid one in my opinion is Kapersky Internet Security.

14. blizzard29

Over the recent years of installing Internet Security on customers PCs i have more more gone all the way and stuck to Kaspersky just because its easy to use and very cheap...

ATM I currently have Kaspersky Pure.

15. Jackg

Jackg What's a Dremel?

Been using mse on my computer. It seems to works well and doesn't have annoying popups either.

16. Concrete-Coffin

Concrete-Coffin Minimodder

kaspersky all the way no problems at all

17. davidbrown1988

davidbrown1988 Minimodder

Kaspersky - I've been running it for 5 years on my desktop with no issues.

ESET Nod32 is very good as well I run this on all my other machines as its less resource intensive.

As a note don't renew kaspersky through there website, you can buy a copy for 25% of the price from Amazon / Scan. Even if its old version it doesn't matter, download the latest one and use the key you got. Means you get a years anti-virus for £10. :O

18. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

MSE atm for me, but have heard that Avast has now overtaken it for detection rates. Last time I used it the adds got on my goat, but may revisit it.