1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress COMPLETED - Watercooled CarPC - November 12th. Danish CaseModding Champion! :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Angel OD, 20 Apr 2011.

1. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

As such, I agree. But if I was to get a replacement board, the thread would be done and closed. Hence no more views. So that's a bad idea from their perspective, and that's why I never asked them if they wanted to sponsor a board. :)

And in all fairness, I bought the board on ebay 4 years ago, and it was used then. It's had a rough life and I'm actually impressed it survived so far! :)

So I'm not trying to put them down in any way. I just find it extremely expensive, and funny that "special price for you" is $30 MORE than normal! :lol:

2. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Yet another amazing mod is finished.
    You sir, are a genius and I would love to have your machining skills.
    I've ben following this from the start and it's been a pure joy.

Congratulations :rock:

Sorry to hear that but I have to say Im a bit happy cause this probably means more modding :p

And Btw, that special price for you was most likely because you make them feel ashamed of their work when it's next to your top of the line stuff.:thumb:

3. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Machining skills - You has them! :thumb:

It seems the price $399 I got was actually a failure of communication! That price includes a complete pc with cpu - hdd - memory and all!

So now I'm waiting for the quote ONLY for the mobo! :)

I'm gonna pull the plug as such and call this one done! IF I decide to redo at some point, I'll do it in a different thread! :)

But have no fear, I have 2 more builds in mind.

The first I've been thinking about for a couple of months, and the second is my neverending
    G5!

As soon as I receive the stuff for writing the article about the Wii for Custom Pc Magazine, I'm going to get started with a build for my GF. It's called TOE!

But... A couple of pics of the installed pc in the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then... That's a wrap! It's been nice guys! See ya in my next worklog! :thumb:

4. RedManc

RedManc What's a Dremel?

tut tut i see un sleeved cables!

I hope this is working all fine and dandy when you get your new board. looks great.

5. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

That PC should NOT sit there - it should sit somewhere in plain sight.

6. Gtek

Gtek Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Congrats, great project! :thumb: Just... as others mentioned, It's a shame hiding it, imo.

7. Achron

Achron Cad Pro Quo

Ugh...in a Volvo???

/kidding

8. Anubus

Anubus Minimodder

Alright! A fellow volvo driver, and it looks good in your car!

9. microsoftPerson

microsoftPerson What's a Dremel?

Nice. When I some of your earlier finished pictures the thing looked so flawless I thought they were 3D renders. Excellent execution.

I understand not putting it in plain sight. With your skills and tools I'd probably mod a special screw-head and driver to prevent people form stealing it thinking it is an amp. Thieves are stupid.

10. -Jv-

-Jv- What's a Dremel?

This looks quite similar to my setup the only difference being my carpc case doesn't look as good and it's mounted together with the amp on a piece of mdf covered in fabric that's attached to my rear passenger seats so I don't lose much room :) And my woofer is located the same way as yours, only bigger :D Great work, I loved folowing this and you were the inspiration for making myself a car pc !

11. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Fantastic result mate, very nice.

12. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I know... Just don't look at anything else but the pc please! :lol:

Well, I won't be getting a new board.

I DID get a very nice quote though, no doubt about that! He would sell me the board with the case and a charger for $199! But when you add up the shipping + the *******s in the Danish custom who might grab it, it almost ends up at $400 again.. So I'm gonna pass on that.
    I'll keep looking on ebay if anything comes up! If nothing does, and it get's worse, I'll rebuild it and get a mini-itx board then. :)

But I'll keep my fingers crossed that it keeps going like it does, it really is not an issue at the moment! :)

Yeah well... Life sucks, but unfortunately there are still a lot of people who has problems finding out what's theirs and others. :)

Thanks a lot! :) I know, but I just won't risk getting a broken window and stolen carpc!

Watch you mouth! :lol:

Thank you my volvo friend! :thumb:

That is one heck of a compliment! :naughty:

I know thieves are stupid! I'm just counting on them not to suspect anything valuable in my car! :lol:

Thanks a lot man! :thumb:

I'm really happy to have inspired you! :)

And I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

It's only a 10" woofer, I got it for free when my littlebrother sold his stereo back in the day! I had 2x12" in my old car, but I wanted to use the trunk on this! :lol:

Waynio likes this.
  13. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Whoo! Wrap up party!:rock:

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Nicely tucked away from magpies eyes :thumb: congrats on the completion of a very awesome case Angel +rep :).

15. peteski

peteski long live the pc

looks sweet Angel OD

+rep :rock:

16. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Yeah, sad isn't it? :)

Thanks a lot man! :) Guess it's about time to move on to the next mod! :)

Thank you sir! :)

17. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I completely forgot all about the monitor install in this.

So just a couple of pics of it.

Closed and stealthy:

[​IMG]

Open - XP:

[​IMG]

And a quick pic of the front-end default screen. Very easy to navigate, which is quite good when driving! :)

[​IMG]

Sorry for this little thread-revival! :)

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  18. L1U

L1U Minimodder

is the monitor touch screen?

19. -Jv-

-Jv- What's a Dremel?

Are you happy with Centrafuse ? I find it slow to respond sometimes.. I'm thinking about creating a skin for XBMC because I know XBMC is decent and stable.

20. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

You are correct sir, it is a motorized touch screen monitor! :)

I'm very happy with it. And I'm not just saying that because they sponsor me! I decided I liked it before I got the licence! :)

It is a quite "heavy" piece of software, but once it has started I have had no problems with respons.
    Well, every month when my license for my songs has to be renewned it's kind of anoying as it goes through a whole album trying to find a song with a licence. That takes a while, but besides that, no problems! :)