1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Behind the scenes of Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 25 Oct 2011.

1. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

Have to say BF3 is looking sweet! Won;t be getting origin though I'm afraid so I suspect I'm relegated to watching trailers...meh!

2. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Can we have a joystick group test with the game? I haven't the first idea of which one to buy, if I bother at all.

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yeah I started playing this last night and I am really happy because my current pc will run it at 1920x1080 on the Ultra setting's with anything from 45-60fps.

I5 2500K @ 4.8ghz
    8gb DDR3 Ram
    GTX 480 @ Stock Speed's.

I used my paid for VPN and connected to Washington DC, and let some other people use it and they are now playing it as well.

My dad has issues though as he couldn't log in to the Battlelog, and that is fixed but now he can't log in to the EA Back End System which, may not be fixed for a week according to EA.

Go to say though I am loving the game and the look's off it :jawdrop:, and now Call Of Duty has been fully removed because it in my mind just cannot compete.

Much better game though than Battlefield Bad Company 2.

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Can I ask why you won't use Origin, as it's not that bad I have not had any issues with it unlike Steam which gives me nothing but issues.

B1GBUD likes this.
  5. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

I don't have any issues with Steam (i'm not saying you don't) but this whole "I won't play because of Origin" ******** is getting pretty lame now. Noone has actually given a good answer when asked why...crap about monopolising the market - as if just sticking to Steam would mean that Steam wouldn't have a monopoly...or rubbish about EA keeping your details - so do a lot of sites but people make it sound like the whole reason they setup Origin is so that EA can sell our details to the Russian mob or something.

I actually can't see anything wrong with Origin - are EA not allowed to create a download portal like Steam? Why not? Are EA automatically an evil empire because they are one of the largest game manufacturers in the world? Then surely that means that Steam must be evil for being the largest legal download platform and therefore having the ability to set prices.

B1GBUD likes this.
  6. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Minimodder

EA have actually done a better job with origin that I thought they would. There is nothing wrong with it. it uses 60 meg of ram and has some nice features like cloud backup of your saved games. It keeps your games up to date too.
    Personally though, I do like battlelog better, it is a shame origin isnt just web based like battlelog.

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I agree with this.

I actually prefer to use Origin simply because I don't have to suffer from slow download's from Overloaded servers, and also the games sold on there take in to account the difference in currency where as Steam doesn't.

It makes me laugh when people say I won't buy BF3 because of Origin but I will buy MW3 because it uses Steam.

Steam and Origin are the same thing, except Steam has a few extra thing's that Origin doesn't yet.

I am just glad I don't have to use Steam for BF3 because atleast I can still play the game when Steam goes down and you can't sign in to your friend's list etc.

8. mongpong

mongpong What's a Dremel?

Anyways...enough of this rubbish. Bit-Gamer...why haven't you reviewed this yet? And none of your 2 page overviews, we want the reviews of old - graphic tests, techy speccy stuff!

9. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I definitely want to see a massively in-depth review of Battlefield 3. I guess that's what Bit-tech are doing, which would explain how long it's taking to do the review, or they might be waiting for the 28th. Either way I want to see a massively detailed review :).

10. Jackg

Jackg What's a Dremel?

Was looking toward to buying this game. Shame I haven't got round to building a pc yet.

11. Judy_ovp

Judy_ovp What's a Dremel?

Downloaded version wont activate until 28th it says. However, is that just over here in the UK?

12. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

you wrote this on the 31st.....

Tags: Add Tags