1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Stealthlow by Wayne Wilkinson

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Oct 2011.

1. james888

james888 What's a Dremel?

If you did decide to sell this you would have to make an announcement on the forums... many including myself would be interested.

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

How do you put a price on something like this. Based on materials it would be a couple of hundred pounds, take in to account the man hours that went in to it and it becomes an entirely different thing altogether.

3. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Can't beat a good bit of copper and aluminium, just don't get any water on it :)

4. james888

james888 What's a Dremel?

He mentioned he might sell it already. People buy highend cases already, although not everyone. They wouldnt get it anyway. This case in my opinion is better than a lot of them.

What I came back to say was that this is an amazing case. Im sure you know. It not only looks amazing but is very functional. That is the importand part

5. The_Gnu

The_Gnu 8-bit addict

Exellent build waynio and a well deserved place in the spotlight.

At the beginning of this build I was a bit worried about adding copper because I thought there was a risk that the material mix might look odd in the end. But you sir.. you pulled it of and made it look like something to be displayed in a glass case.

Looking forward to the next project from you ;)

6. djzic

djzic Bokehlicious!

WHAT TOOK SO LONG BIT-TECH?

Well done Wayne, having followed this build from the very beginning I can say you more then deserved a front page article, especially after all the hard effort you put in on this build, the persistence you displayed, especially with the curves! A slight shame it's finished, I miss checking for updates at 2am :D Like KidMod said, we're a bunch of crazies :lol:

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Angel OD, feel the same :D sounds weird but I must have been too shattered to fully like it when I finally got it up & running properly but it's been growing on me more & more & now at the stage of I can't believe I managed to make it :lol: :D definitely my best design so far, the layout & looks work really well :).

:) Thanks Jeff, Air cube still looks good but the layout could have been better so if I ever do a cube case again I know how to do it better next time :thumb: upper level was sweet but lower level is what could have been done better :).

Will do james888 but how about if I made another? :) the first is always kinda priceless to me with the amount of time/effort that went into it because of the way I like to challenge myself like the flush windows & curved window, I work kinda like a CNC :lol: once what works is programmed into my memory which stealthlow is now I could make them much faster plus my mark 1s always have a slight room for improvement & things I would improve on this are what I originally intended to do for a pci/io piece & I'd make custom fan frames for the ones that mount to the mobo tray, the plastic frames of the enermax T.B are weak & brittle so I'd make alu/copper ones.

Can't dedicate to anything yet though other than designing, out of money :lol::duh:.

Yeah it's why I think of my mark 1s as kinda priceless, I have no idea how many hours I put into it but actual work minus designing took since 30-November to September this year doing fairly regular work on it but with some gaps so even if I did it by min wage it would have cost a fair load :lol:.

Thanks Graham, shouldn't be spilling any water on it :D but even if I did I don't see a problem, I brushed metal lacquer over it all for a protective layer which has kept it nice & smudge/tarnish free :) some of the left over copper rod has turned fairly green already :D.

Thanks again James :), I will announce it if I do decide to sell but at this point in time & no new case to take it's place other than Air cube it could be a while ;) it would for sure get a massive clean up so it's as good as new if I decide to sell it though & possibly for shipping to USA or anywhere other than mainland UK I'd probably flat pack it so it all gets to the destination without anything broken but with really nice & easy assembly instructions :).

Thanks Gnu I had similar thoughts thinking it might or might not work :lol: it's fun to take a gamble now & then in a project :D I think for the rest of this year I'll try to get a full design ready for next year & just enjoy some of the sweet games coming out :) BF3 today Skyrim & saints row 3 very soon :rock:.

Thanks djzic :), not bit-tech, was me why it took a little longer :D, had difficulty compressing everything into a small package :lol: I tried collage pictures but they wasn't good for viewing on the article so the pictures wouldn't have made sense unless clicking on each one, took ages to pick out the right pictures out of about 1400 so had to do it again but with single or dual pictures :lol::duh: & bit-tech staff have been really busy lately but it's awesome to have finally made it on to the front page :).

I upgraded my gpu cooling to an arctic cooling accelero xtreme plus II so no noise from the gpu anymore & load temps have gone from 85c down to 56c :) installation time takes ages though because of the thermal adhesive stuff for the ram & volt regulators etc, says to let it cure for 5 hours :eeek: was torture waiting for it to cure :lol:, got the asus 23" 1080p 120hz monitor setup & calibrated so I'm good to get into some gaming now, BF3 here I come :D.

8. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Wayne my friend, thats a masterpiece as I said many times before! All the changes you did in the process in order to achieve perfection worked out really well!! Now go back to your planning room cause we want to see m04r!!!

9. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Alex :), been trying a few ideas out & it's looking hopeful :), ideas are really starting to form so I've done some sketchup & been writing ideas down & rough sketches so I'll be ready for turning it all into a working design & hopefully if I can scrape the money together to actually start in January at the earliest, don't have to buy all the materials at once, could just focus on certain bits but I guarantee it will rock :D:rock:.

Instead of putting BF3 on I couldn't help but start thinking up some good ideas after your comment Alex :D & had to get them written down before they escape me :lol::thumb:.

10. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Fantastic build!

11. NetSphere

NetSphere What's a Dremel?

Simply amazing. This cannot be the work of mere mortals. This has entered the realm of gods! >:D

Looking at this just gives me shivers down my spine.

12. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks mate :thumb:.

:lol::D Thanks NetSphere, glad it's well liked :clap:, don't know why but I was semi expecting a none existing reaction to the article :blush: so thank you all :D.

13. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Why would you think that Wayne you plonker, it was one of the biggest build logs of the year.

Now what you have to do now is follow my instructions to the letter. Get a bucket of ice cold water, go into the garden and pour it over your head and then slap your self round the face,10 times on each check .:D:D Stupid boy:duh:

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe::lol::D Yeah, silly me :D:duh:.

15. Rodeye

Rodeye What's a Dremel?

Super!

Tags: Add Tags