1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. iknowgungfu

iknowgungfu Minimodder

Never mind...must have been the server I was on.

2. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Birthday santa bought me the game, didn't stretch to a 2nd ssd for games. only 10gb free on primary SSD, not quite enough......

CC is already red hot.....<sob>

Stockbroker, Fermi should be good up past 85C, not sure where current draw would necessarily be an issue. So I'm sure your cores aren't frying, it would be screaming at you if it had a problem I'm sure. Did you download the beta drivers for BF3?

3. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

I'm pretty sure a wd caviar black should be fine:duh:

4. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

My 2600k is running ~70% across all cores (HT on), I reckon start with the CPU, nudge it as far as you can without impacting temps unecessarily, then look at the GPU. I'm doing ok with a factory OC 560ti, can't imagine you won't at least be getting decent performance with yours.

5. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

dudes, anyone else find it nearly imposssible to controll the EOD BOT?

I always seem to spin out trying to chase down a tank.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Yes, bloody stupid little thing.

It doesn't seem to do what I tell it to do.

Feels like its driving on ice. :wallbash:

7. mkb

mkb Minimodder

I cant work out how to change the sensitivity of say the gunner in a tank, and when im spotting jets in the singleplayer mission. It's on MEGA sensitive mode and I can't seem to change it. Ive got both sens settings to low in the controls menu :/ (normal mouse movement everywhere else is fine).

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

wowzer, i was just playing with my MAV (which now gets ur ribbons and points n stuff. good incentives for spotting) and it says "LMB to JAM EQUIPMENT"

wow... my MAV can jam stuff now? which equipment? lol

but yeah, spotting kicks serious ass now. in Firestorm, just fly as high as u can and spot spot spot... rack kills.

on another story: Conquest Metro is now officially the new Strike at Karkand.
    just spam nades and ammo and ull pretty much stat pad ur way up.
    (certain nade throwing skills required)

9. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

also, on another note, Pecheneg is overpowered lol. 3 shots kill, fairly accurate in long range, same recoil like other LMG but lower firing rate, so its more controllable.

10. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

Isn't that how it's supposed to be? The guns in a tank cant whip around as fast as a person can, so they move as quick as they can.

11. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Something is broken with my setup, I'm lucky if I can play a whole round before freezing and getting the stopped working message.

Time to trawl the EA forums for info...

ZiiP server is great though, apart from that moron that tk'd me in spawn so he could get the tank.

12. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I believe they've acknowledged the sensitivity issue and they're going to fix it in the next patch.

13. eddieuk1983

eddieuk1983 What's a Dremel?

Yes. That is what happens exactly.

14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

I HATE metro and that base jump map in conquest large game mode. (only mode I have played so far). They are just meat grinder, reminds me of MoH2010 and BFBC2 Vietnam, both with really boring map designs.

Thanks for the LMG tips. Been using it slightly more and just need some patience when firing. Engineer and Recon for me, still wish recons c4 though.

I am pretty sure the slow loading problem is due to low RAM. Beta loads instantly for me. But on this Phenom2 x6 4GB machine, all levels take ages, usually after first point is taken. Only difference is i7 vs Phenom2, 16GB vs 4GB. Samsung F3 HDD is same, if not faster than WD Black on my rig.

15. Boardoombob

Boardoombob What's a Dremel?

I know most of you will be playing MP, but how far has anyone got in SP?
    From the reviews I was expecting to be let down a fair bit, but I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit.

[tangent] And who else got a little thing with their game about Medal of Honor?

16. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I haven't spent much time with helis but for jets it works great for me, with a little remapping (I had a setup I grew used to in the beta) :)

17. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I fixed my 'five minutes play then crash' issue by upping the voltage on my 560ti up one notch in Afterburner to 1.025v. As soon as I did that, no crashing. Speeds are default 900gpu/2100ram. All settings are up to Ultra, v-sync on, HBAO, no AA @ 1920x1200 and it's really fluid.

CrazyJoe likes this.
  18. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

I keep crashing and I've got a 560ti so I'm off to up the voltage!

19. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

+1

It makes more sense to me than the MW2 plot. In a hollywood bubblegum kind of way, it works.

20. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Lol, then what do you do if you're already at the Afterburner max voltage!? There must be a way to go a little further, short of a bios flash?