1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Then turn it down, if you're maxing out the voltage then that could well be your problem.

2. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Still crashing...

3. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

I'm running 850/4010/1700

Driver version 285.38

No issues.

4. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Turns out I forgot to apply the new settings, so far it's not crashed!!!

EDIT: Spoke far too soon...

5. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

anyone logged on to EA GUN CLUB to collect there free weapon? i have an M1911 pistol. Are these weapons random or set?

6. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Everyone gets the M1911, there was an insert in retail copies with the info about it and on the other side of it an invite to early access to the Mass Effect 3 MP demo.

kol likes this.
  7. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

ahh i thought maybe it was a variety of weapons and you got them at random, thanks for clearing that up.

Rep +1

8. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

whats with all the issues with 560Ti's?

That was going to replace my 8800 GTX (which lets me play :p )

on another note. How fun is the EOD BOT!
    Start killing a tank with it and then the driver pops out to fix it, then you kill him with it. then just wait and it'll happen again.

9. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Side A

Side B

No idea, there's a big thread on it here (all crashes, not just 560Ti) but they claim to be aware of the issue and are working on it.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

11. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

metro is the new karkand. nade spam chokepoints at B. but holy crap the points u get by playing support there tho.
    damavand peak is almost as bad, thankfully each side has a chopper that can drop some recon across the hill for some fun flanking manuvers... :naughty: but yes, 90% of the action is in that tunnel.

thats still #1 on my list too. but thankfully the MAV seems to be more rewarding than it is in BETA. and even if its not that rewarding, it can really change the tide of the battle. just stay up there n spot. thats it. every 5 succes spot-kill u get a ribbon.

so its support or recon for me. smaller maps support, larger map recon.

12. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I'm actually managing to run this game on Ultra on 8gb ram, a non overclocked i5 and a 6950 non overclocked. (24 inch monitor/1920*1080) The SSD is helping big time though. Still, Ultra at no noticeable performance loss is A-OK with me :)

13. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Well screw this, I can't play a game from start to finish without crashing.

I'm off to cry myself to sleep.

EDIT: Event Viewer has recorded that BF3 has crashed a total of 31 times in the last 9 hours. Hooray.

Last edited: 30 Oct 2011
  14. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

I am quite amazed really, ive installed it, patched it, joined a server and not had a single problem.. Does exactly what it says on the tin.

15. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Last edited: 30 Oct 2011
  16. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Yes, it is easy to stat peddle on those maps due to choke points, but what is the point?

I do find it funny how a team that wins in most other maps just loose horribly in those two maps, metro more than damavand peak. I was playing in a team that could spread out and control most of the flags no problem, but once metro starts, just get pushed back to just behind B and stuck there for most of the game. 3 out of 4 my loss are due to metro, the other is damavand. 20 other wins are all on other maps.

Anyone know how to distinguish between lock sound and prelock sound? I have unlocked IR flares for attach chopper, would like to time it correctly to make use of it.

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

With Metro, it really can be a pain in the bum, with the RPG spam and nade Spam. Seemingly, some servers actually removes those (well, projectile AT weapons) and it makes for a much better game.

Damavand, one thing that many don't seem to utilize properly is the damn helicopter. It's not there as a joyride. They can carry 3 passengers, has 2 miniguns and when unlocked you have AT missiles as well. I spent a good portion of 2 rounds last night dropping off squad mates from the base jump point (just because their whoops of joy were entertaining) so they could get to Capture points A & B. I was hosing down a few other players with the miniguns and killing MAV's and other Scout choppers with Heatseekers. Awesome fun, managed to turn a couple of maps around to our favour.

With the lock on, you get the *beep beep beep* of a lock being made, and then a continual tone once locked, wait a second or two before launching your flares as most people will not fire until you have done so. Alternatively, get behind cover, that will break the lock.

wyx087 likes this.
  18. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

I managed to sort-of solve my stuttering by disabling my overclock (figures :D) and setting the graphics to high. It's still annoying me though, because if I turn it up to ultra the frame rate is still 60 fps but it just judders now and again. Could it just be lack of memory?? :(

(I noticed that it does use up every single piece of RAM as soon as it loads).

Also, I'm having to disable SSDP Discovery service so I don't get "connection lost" errors. Some people say to turn of UPnP on the router - would this negatively impact anything?

19. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

the lack of a queue to get into servers is utterly lame

20. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm not sure there is one just for that card. Mine plays it fine except I had to reduce the overclock a little.