1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Well I've had it for a couple of days now, time for a few thoughts:

Graphics are awesome, as is the gameplay, but the overall feeling for me is frustration.It's just so full of bugs! I can't finish the SP campaign due to a bug in the "Comrades" mission where the chap won't move when he's supposed to go up some stairs...

General/MP bugs: Weird audio loop which locks up the whole thing and somehow manages to overheat my system until it shuts down, random server dropouts, glitches in gameplay, huge lag on 64 player servers, random crashing of the game, Origin and the web plugin, could be all 3 or just one of them. Then we've got totally random load behaviour (hanging for 15s, glitching audio, resetting screen res to fudge all my desktop icons), occasional nVidia driver crashing, I need patches! :(

2. Boardoombob

Boardoombob What's a Dremel?

Just completed single player, and I've got to say I really don't know what people are griping about, regarding the single player game (with the exception of bugs, yes, there are quite a few of them).

Though I've never played Black Ops, the story line (for me, anyway) is very good and certain points later on just look absolutely epic.

I do agree that having a quicksave feature would be amazing - it really does become quite frustrating the 10th time you go to clear a room only to get a shotgun to the face, and on larger screens having the hand-to-hand icons a little more near the centre of the screen would be good.

Still, 9/10 from me at the moment. Maybe in a few days time that'll change but right now I'm pretty happy with it all :)

3. kol

kol What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Am i dead or alive? 0% health and im still moving

4. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I have been unable to play thanks to a crippling winter storm that killed the power for like 830,000 people in CT.

Was in the middle of an epic run in the LAV on Grand Bazaar :/

Maybe I'll have power back by Tuesday :(

5. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

still no delivery from amazon :( I don't live near a game shop but in the last two days I've been in two game shops. was even tempted to the game and trade in the amazon copy when it came

it better be with me tomorrow

6. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

Anyway of looking at battle reports of more than 16 matches from the profile section?

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Want to say thanks to Otis1337 for keeping my AH-6J in the air earlier tonight! :D Huzzah for repairs mid-air. Shame you don't score from it though :/

Almost have my Guided missiles for it though, well chuffed.

8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

As of right now I have 11 MVP, 5 MVP2 and 11 MVP3 ribbons. 5 of those were all gained within 7 matches of team deathmatch

9. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Had a blast on the Ziip server tonight!

Metro is just a total clusterf*ck though!

10. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

Nice few rounds in ZiiP server today! Pecheneg is totally OP, and on larger map where i focus on capping and defending flags, recon and its mobile spawn, with some UMP is still better than Support. solely for the mobile beacon. once a tank pops up tho, i just grab my support with C4. gotta love the C4.

also, nice to know UMP is completely nerfed compared to beta :grr:

so i got enough support n recon and now will start on assault for the defib only, then ill go with engineer for Wall-E. and hopefully by then i got my PDW-R! :jawdrop:

u sir... are a monster. rank21? didnt u start playing this on friday? u have over 16hr in 2 days??? LOL :eeek: :clap:

ive been playing since the 24th on and off, and i got 16hr. and i can tell u starting now its gonna b way less than that. and im still r18.

11. The_Beast

The Pecheneg is not OP, the recoil is like nothing I've ever seen until you hit a certain spot where it levels off.

I think the most OP gun in the game is the M416 and the ones that need the buff are the shotguns.

12. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

no problem! :thumb:

13. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i usually burst no more than 3-5 shots at times, which is too plenty to make the kill. at that interval, its like a burst sniper rifles. nearly no recoil.

but hold that button down and it'll go haywire....

its awesum :naughty:

now if only my UMP can be half as good as beta :sigh:

14. The_Beast

Hmmm I'll try that.

Also I've heard the UMP is getting a buff in the first patch

15. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

So far what is the highest ranking person you have seen? I saw one that is rank 43. The rank insignia looks like a leaf.

16. The_Beast

I'm 25, another guy in the clan is 35 and the highest I've seen in game is 42

17. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, what is up with that? It just ends up with the two teams grenade and rocket spamming over two choke points. Metro should just not be included in conquest, end of discussion.

18. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Loving the Ziip server, seen a few names from here on there. Win or lose I really enjoy every game.

19. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Yeah you got me quite a few times with that pesky Pecheneg! :p I had a great time one the Ziip server last night but this is the first multiplayer game I have really played since i was in a MOH:AA clan so I didn't have a clue what I was doing. It is very annoying that you cant set up your own private match to practice some flying. I unlocked a scope for my LMG but I can't equip it on the Ziip server. Is that something to do with hardcore mode?

Onto the single player. It swings wildly between epic and utterly ****. It has far worst scripting than COD, you have to stand in exactly the right spots before it will trigger your AI team mates to move and the auto saving is just bloody ridiculous. Saving before cut scenes and dialogue or putting you back a good distance away from the action. I also have no idea what the hell the story was about either.

On the technical side I have a 5870 @ 1680x1050 and I have everything on Ultra with AA and motion blur turned off, SSBAO instead of HSBAO and anisotropic filtering at 8x and its smooth as silk.

20. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Battlelog is messed up for me today for some reason. Everyone's rank 0 with 0 on all of their stats...wierd.