1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Yeh same here, except for one friend who hasn't played for a couple of days, his is still normal.

2. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I hope this is just a glitch.

3. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I've been finding some seriously weird issues with my game.

Not sure what's going on but I get random graphics quality dips, they go from full graphics to randomly wire-frame/cell shaded like borderlands type graphics. I'm going to re-install my drivers to see if that helps.

For some reason I also can't see players randomly. They just appear from nowhere a lot of the time, specifically enemy players. I'll literally run right past/through them, then they pop into existence. Very weird as I never had this issue with any other Battlefield game.

According to my mates, I'm standing in places that I'm not on my screen. Once such example earlier on a conquest map was apparently I was stood on the flag to them.
    I was most certainly not and was hidded. I got killed from another guy, apparently stood on the flag when I wasn't there.

No idea what's going on with my game so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

ok, new question. how to stop choppers from capsizing?

they seem hard to recover, unless you are REALLY high up, once it is at 90deg, you are pretty much dead.

littlebird is a pain to level up. its minigun requires direct hit on infantry, it's pretty much a sitting target for AA/jets/rockets. with attack chopper, it's possible to sit in the gunner seat and get kills to level up for flares (and AA heat seeker) to be useful.

any chance of ZiiP running normal mode? i refuse to play without HUD or spotting. there's a large group of us Mumble refugees that need a normal mode server. (~10 on mumble, with Battlelog friend names i also recognise on the same server)

Last edited: 31 Oct 2011
  5. Thedarkrage

Thedarkrage Thats not a pic of me its my gf

Anyone else getting the Nvidia driver kernel crash? i'm playing for 5 seconds and then it just locks up and crashes to desktop?

6. Juu

Juu Haters Gonna Hate [✓]

Anyone else getting the bf3 game window randomly 'restoring' itself, and when you click it again it goes back to fullscreen? Think it's something to do with the origin overlay... Very annoying.

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Yep, but only very occasionally.
    Yep.

8. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I had it minimise on me yesterday, right when I was piloting a chopper. A steam message had popped up causing the game to minimise.
    Then when I brought it back to full screen, if I looked down, there was a black version of everything above the horizon from when it had minimised. I had to look down at the ground so I couldn't see any sky, then alt tab and maximise the game again to get rid of it.
    Very annoying, :D

9. yassarikhan786

I had an enemy in my sights and was about to let loose and it minimized on me, lol. When I loaded it up again the gun was going haywire and the guy had already killed me.

10. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Only issues I'm having are;

"BF3 has stopped responding" on first attempt to launch game, fine after the 2nd attempt.

Random full screen green flashes.

Running a Q9650 with a 4890 on Win7 64bit.

11. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

I'm absolutely shocking at the game ATM... W/L ratio is 0.14... Don't know what happened between the beta and now :(

12. yassarikhan786

It's probably also due to being put in teams that are incompetent. What is your K/D ratio like?

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

There should be no reason that you cannot equip the scope in the customisations options. It's not a 'feature' of Hardcore, or indeed our server :)
    Scopes are side-dependant, so if you unlock a Red Dot Sight for a US weapon, you won't be able to use it on a russian weapon until you unlock it by playing Russian.

How in the hell are you banking that hard? :confused: Just ease off on the roll. I think I've capsized 2 choppers so far, but that's been due to getting AA rockets into my side or other damage.

It can be tricky to level up, but take your time with them, don't just rush in. The miniguns are actually quite accurate, so you can pick people off at a distance. I think my longest headshot is actually from a minigun on Kharg Island (300+m). Once you unlock Heatseekers, you can simply hang back a little bit, act as a taxi and destroy enemy aircraft. I've shot down at least 8 jets with the Scout Helicopters now and it's hilariously good fun :D

Sorry Wuy, but you know there isn't a hope in hell of that happening :D
    If you hae voice comms though, that should override the need for a orange blip on screen? Minimap spotting works anyway, so that's a decent middle ground.
    As for the HUD, it adds nothing to be honest. Do you really need an ammo counter? Health is easily gauged by the greyscale level of your screen :)

14. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

0.96, though generally my primary aim is reviving/capping/blowing up tanks, can't do the first because you have to unlock it :wallbash:

15. yassarikhan786

So you know it's not you. What class do you play as mostly or do you mix it up ? :).

16. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

Engineer>Assualt>Support, don't play recon until I have a decent all classes gun, same goes for support really.

EDIT: Obviously I don't play engineer if there are not tanks about though...

17. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

ok, let's not start this HC vs normal again. i'll just continue to play on other servers then.

one thing i keep forgetting is that in BF3, the choppers don't auto-level. so i somtimes keep pressing roll, which cause it to bank into the ground. this will get some getting use to. but i do find mouse aiming is easier than BFBC2, just can't fly great distance with the mouse at the moment. practice makes perfect as they say.

another question, how to use smoke for M320 (the noob tube). i unlocked it, killed a few people, discovered its stat page is now different to Beta, so how do you put smoke rounds into it?

18. Odini

Odini What's a Dremel?

There is one thing I miss playing predominantly hardcore from the HUD which is fire select. If it were easier to see on the weapon (i haven't noticed it at all in fact) then perhaps but often you have to fire off a couple of rounds to see which one you're in.

19. Vimesey

Vimesey What's a Dremel?

Anyone getting loads of server timeouts?

And periods where no server on the server list has a displayed ping, and even usually most of them don't display a ping.

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I'm not even trying to go there fella, you and I have made our own opinions more than clear on it to each other. I'm just trying to tempt you to the dark side :D

Dingo, you'll be flying pro in no time. A good way to practice relatively safely is in the Co-op missions. There is a chopper mission where you can at least practice the basics and get used to the handling. Just a suggestion.

Not 100% sure, I've not unlocked it yet. Hell, I've not even got Defibs yet! I've been raging through on Support since release. :rock:

That's what I do myself. Either fire to test it, or just trigger control. Helps to do away with the need for a fire mode in some instances, but some weapons have such high fire rates it's almost impossible. Can single-shot with the PKP and it's crazy when you get it ranged :D