1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Haven't played MP yet but the SP looks very pretty. Though have seen the odd bug with dead AI in the firing position.

Not looking forward to all these bugs that most keep listing. Makes me think a new thread should be started listing all the bugs.

I seem to remember the same issue in BFBC2 on the first week of release. Is this something Dice tend to do when it comes to a releasing a new game? Is it me or was the beta just a glorified marketing campaign rather than a actual test of the game itself.

2. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

My W/L ratio is utter pants, I must just be unlucky with my teams 'cos I'm scoring kills (1+ k/d) and taking points but I lose 9/10 out of 5 hours+ play time. Very frustrating, not that it really detracts from the fun.

At risk of starting up the hardcore/normal debate, IMO hardcore is pants. As mentioned above the weapon fire mode is the biggest annoyance because if I'm sneaking about I don't want to have to fire a few shots to find out. That and it's pretty easy to die anyway, I don't need it getting more deadly and I am not a compulsive reloader so I like to know how many bullets I have in the mag before I walk into a fire fight. Each to their own though...

I have this same bug, running AMD x3 450 here with a 4870. Could be the 4000 series of cards or ATI prob in general?? Haven't checked if there has been an updated driver of late... anyone else having this and solved it?

3. Juu

Juu Haters Gonna Hate [✓]

Haha just checked my win loss ratio.

3 wins 15 losses.. I swear I must be unlucky with the teams, I'm on 300points/min which I think is fairly respectable?

Canal is a terrible map by the way, the side that spawns on the carrier can just be held there because there arn't enough vehicles.

4. Olivier

Olivier What's a Dremel?

I can also confirm the rather annoying 560Ti OC issue, I was OC'd to a healthy 1GHz. I fired up BF3 on ultra preset (albeit at a modest res of 1440*900) and I was getting FPS in the region of 50-60FPS at temps which never exceeded 60C, understandably I was rather chuffed. This lasted all of 10 mins however :( I reverted back to MSI default clocks (880) and all is well, although I'm now running it on high as the V-Ram was getting choked out on the larger maps. This really isn't an ideal solution given the amount of cash some of us have laid down for our upgrades, let's hope a patch is being frantically cobbled together as we speak!

Also the shotguns are next to useless, so much for the DAO-12 of the BF2 days... Anyone given the flechette rounds a go? Lastly, does anyone else hate the Tehran Highway map? God it's awful.

5. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Thanks NaloaC, I was probably playing a ruskie at the time.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I had that too, thought I was going to be going down a slippery slope, but it was fine after that.

Had another one yesterday though, but, it wouldn't be battlefield without all the bugs, what would Dice do if they didn't have to release hundreds of patches, :D

7. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

just run at stock speeds. i've never had any client side crashes on my machine, everything running at stock speed.

gtx 580 is not fast enough for my resolution unfortunately. had to play at High with medium terrain and low terrain decro (easier to spot enemy in bushes), SSAO, no MSAA, high post-processing AA (FXAA). i found BF3 requires smooth 60 FPS in multiplayer, otherwise it will feel laggy during heavy firefights.

this is what PC gaming is about, when next generation of graphics card comes out, you will feel like a completely new game.

what would be awesome is able to get into empty servers and do some practice on choppers/jets. the "waiting for more players" notification is useless. what they should have done is like BFBC2, where stats doesn't count unless player count is reached, flags also can't be captured unless flag count has been reached.

8. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

I love the DAO-12 for tight infantry maps, and yes I use it with the flechette rounds. Have unlocked the frag rounds but they are useless.

9. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Whats everyones findings with the pistols.

I feel I need an entire clip to down someone with one of the early guns.

10. wyx087

Gamestop delivered the game on Thursday, with SPECACT and physical warfare pack for me. :D all for £25 when they did a special offer a while ago, lucky i cancelled my Amazon preorder.

DOA-12 is the best shotgun. flechette rounds is the one to use. 1 at point blank range, 2 at a bit further and 3 shooting at people spawning in Alleyway cap point in Grand Bazaar. (you know the spawn rooms in alleyway) wish there's extended meg for it though, since reload is so slow.

SKS is a beast. 4x scope and just use it like assault rifle. 20 rounds is more than enough compared to 10 in other battle rifles. my fav gun so far.

haven't tried T88, entered the code after i unlocked SAW.

i also got M1911 Tact in my selection. about half a clip (4) to kill someone. similar to BFBC2 normal gun. so can't complain. remember to keep using Tact pistols since it usually confuses enemy giving you extra few shots.

11. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

it was nerfed extensively.

in BETA i could rapid fire with my mouse and it'll mow down anyone.

now the damage was less and there's a lag that stops u from firing as often as u click.

BUT dev has confirmed pistols will be getting some love next patch. follow Demise99's twitter.

but PLEASE turn it off when there's no enemy around n ur running with some teammates.

yes, its that annoying lol :clap:

12. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

M1911 Suppressed - 2-3 rounds and the enemy isn't bothering me anymore..

13. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

+1, totally agree. Hate having our position given away/been blinded by a team mate

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Even worse when it's on really light maps, what advantage does it offer? On the darker maps I can't see in my peripheral so I'm as good as dead, light maps I can see if there's cover just to the side.

15. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

Issue when this console screen comes up in the top left corner?

hey was good playing with some of you last night.

but has anyone had the issue when this console screen comes up in the top left corner?
    when it does i cant play the game, i dont know how to exit it. I must of accidentally opened it with a combination of key presses. Its not the the one that shows fps, its a console where you can type into. i have to leave the game ALT + F4, its happen twice now. general when am placing a mine, trying to run, then switch to another weapon.

16. wyx087

i always have it off, and turn it on as i start to shoot enemy. that will confuse and blind them at the same time :D also doesn't give away my position before hand.

just wish the flashlight to be less blinding outside during day time. outside daytime, the flashlight should ONLY give you away, it shouldn't blind anyone.

17. Vo0Ds

Vo0Ds Fake potato

Console key is the one under Esc afaik? Also had some good games with the BT guys over the weekend :)

I had to map my light/laser on/off button to my mouse wheel, that torch must have a lightsaber bulb in it.

18. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Yeah, console key is the `(tilde) key next to number 1 (but not 2 ;))

If you want to check out what frame rates you are getting then type the following in to the console:

render.drawfps 1

19. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

+1

You witnessed me practising last night, first chance I actually got to get use to the new choppers. A few hours earlier I got so annoyed at being shot down all the time, I actually re-installed BF2! Damn I love the choppers in that game, they are basically stunt helicopters. BF3 may have more realistic handling, but it did come as a disappointment being a huge fan of the way BF2 choppers handled. Guess I'll just have to get over it... :(

Also, I would love separate sensitivity adjustment for Jets/Choppers, but I heard this may be sorted in a patch soon...

20. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I had an awesome run with the M1911 silenced on Damavand peak rush.

I was hiding near the big dome tower thing after the base got taken out, enemies started running down the hill and hiding behind rocks.
    As I was behind them, laying prone in some bushes, started taking shots, took about 4 or 5 out before they cottoned on to where I was. Great fun, watching people sit perfectly still wondering where the hell these shots were coming from.