1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project : Synthetica by AnG3L (Selling most of my parts)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by AnG3L, 18 May 2011.

?

Choose which design to follow in order to create the ventilation (page 10)

Poll closed 24 Jun 2011.
  1. 1st design

29 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. 2nd design

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Wait did you just update your worklog?? NICE!

I have exactly the same GPU, except I paid big bucks for it. :\

It's looking good man. IT's a work of art, and definitely unique!

2. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thanks bro for both comment and clapping lolz ;) Nice to be back too!!

Glad to see you again bro!! I am really honored by your words and hopefully I will finish this as soon as I have to make it before the end of this year! :p :)

Really nice idea bro I will think about it and start looking for a nice place with sunset behind it! :)

Thanks Pope the Dope my friend! Syril went back home man.... Modding with angels...

Thanks brother glad to have you here commenting! :)

Thanks my brother, glad to be back with you and all of my friends here!! It took me a while till I finish the moving etc but everything its ok now!!! :) You are always welcome for beer or coffee or both!!! :)

Thanks bro, lolz dont be jealous for me is an extra boost for enjoying modding now!!! ;)

Wayne my friend always nice to hear from you! Indeed a lot of hard work on the flinstones house loooolz :) :) Syril was a really unique and rare guy and it seems that people like that are chosen by God to join His country of beautiful people. May God rest His soul. I will keep you updated if you missed the project or something :p :)

Hey there bro, glad to see you again!!! I worked and I am working really hard to earn these sponsors, my hands know the effort I am putting each time and especially on this, I guess this is my payment lolz :p :) See you again bro on the new project! :)

3. Razer2007

Oooh yes. It's almost here. I also have a few sponsors for it, but nowhere nearly as nice as yours :D But one day it will be better :p

4. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

awesome looking progress! I would rather see you take your time, get settled in and do an awesome job rather than rush it out the door and have a crappy case.

5. Watchtown

Watchtown What's a Dremel?

It¨s modern art, very cool, thanks for the sneak peek

6. matt...

matt... Slacker

As soon as I finish this course and start earning again, a holiday to Cyprus sounds like a lovely idea!

7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

8. enciem

enciem Minimodder

My limited imagination couldn't see where this was gong all the way through to be honest but those latest shots (not the sunrise) look quality mate, really nice job. Some cool custom lighting will set that bad boy right off

9. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

yeah. Alex is back. Hope you've gotten all settled into your new place. The case is really shaping and smoothing up.

10. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

I am looking forward to your next project my friend! :)

Thanks bro! I am taking my time even though I dont have that much lately lolz! :) I will be updating soon on the new project so stay tuned! :)

Thanks my friend glad to see you here again! :)

I will be waiting patiently!!! :) You are always welcome my friend! :)

Welcome again my friend long time no see!! Thanks man! :)

Thanks for your kind words my friend!! This mod will have a lot of crazy lighting effects!! :)

Hey there Garry my friend glad to be back among my beautiful friends and modders!! It took me a while to settle to my new place and still have many things to do but the lack of cash is holding me back.. Thanks for your kind words my friend, I am looking forward to talk to you as soon as I get some more free time!! :)

11. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I'll have to hit you up again on Skype sometime.

As for cash holding you back, different circumstances, but I can relate.

12. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Yeah I feel you bro, the problem lies in all over the world. I will be in touch ;)

13. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

So I am back after a long time (due to my trip to Spain and my new mod) and the first thing I did, was to experiment with various paints and techniques on the main part of the mod.
    After a discussion I had with my friend and fellow modder voigts, we agreed that one single color on this big piece wouldnt look nice, especially the black color. So after a lot of experiments I conclude to that I had to use a kind of texture painting effect, as it looks like a modern "building". I aint going to comment between the pictures but you are going to see the process between the different stages of experimenting. I would love to hear your opinion and as always I will take notes and follow accordingly!

Also I cut some holes for the USB 3 and.... lets start with a "modded" snack! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So....

The technique of this texture painting was using silver with black, 2 different brushes and also I created darker spots fading out to lighter ones as a "fake" lighting effect. It has a glossy surface which I am going to make it ever more glossy by adding acrylic varnish. If you like it though... ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all for now guys, I am glad to be back on this project and with all of my friends here, tell me your opinions and ideas and until next time, peace!!!

Last edited: 31 Oct 2011
    Waynio, Kojak and yassarikhan786 like this.
  14. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Wow, Wow and Wow. The silver was like great then that black WTF and the blue okay thats cool, but then the brush work to blend, meld the finish into harmony, this is beautiful.
    Close-up if it looks as good as these photos Alex you have done it again :thumb:

Oh yeah I like it. :)

Looks like its carved from a stone.

15. Razer2007

Niiiice. Looks very good & weird. :p Glad ur back online.

16. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Wow Alex I've never seen anything like pal ...amazing, really amazing! +rep :clap:

17. Gentleman_Dingo

Gentleman_Dingo What's a Dremel?

Welcome back! I love the textured look but part of me like the incredibly shiny chrome look too.

18. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

One word: Amazing :).

19. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

I like the way it looks like it was hand beaten metal, very well done

20. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Similar to what I was going to say so I'll quote it :hehe::thumb: looks excelllent Alex :D looking forward to seeing this with hardware inside, looks like another super special from you mate & the ones who chose not to sponsor you will probably be kicking themselves if they see how this looks now :D.

+rep :)

Last edited: 31 Oct 2011
    yassarikhan786 likes this.